Sweaters were originally meant for wearing in cold weather: to protect the wearers from the cold temperatures. But because some of these sweaters have stylish appearances, they have over time gotten acceptance as fashion wear clothing. Therefore nowadays there are two categories of people who wear sweaters. The first is of those who wear sweaters for purposes of protection from cold weather. Then there are those who wear sweaters for purposes of looking good/looking stylish.
There are sweaters that are specially designed for women. The design of these sweaters makes them look good on women’s bodies. The fabrics used in making the sweaters for women range from wool to acrylic as well as polyester and cotton. Also, check the Buyer’s guide for the best sweatshirt for men, Hoodies for Men, Cardigan for Women, Hoodies for girls, tracksuits for boys, tracksuits for girls, and tracksuits for women in India.
Top 10 Best Sweaters for Women in India
Features of Sweater for Women
- Sweaters for women tend to have button closures.
- But there are also those that come with zip closures and Velcro closure – as well as those that are closure-less.
- In terms of fit types, the women’s sweaters fall into two broad categories: regular-fit and slim fit.
- There are also loose-fit women’s sweaters.
- Women’s sweaters may have long sleeves. Or they may have short-sleeves.
- There are even those that are sleeveless.
- It is not uncommon to find a pocket in a sweater for women: though most are pocket-less.
Types of Sweater for Women
- There are woolen sweaters for women.
- Then there are cotton sweaters for women and acrylic sweaters for women.
- We also have women’s sweaters that are made from blended fabrics.
- There are V-neck women’s sweaters.
- Then there are round-neck women’s sweaters.
- There are also high neck women’s sweaters.
- With regard to patterns, there are women’s sweaters that are checkered.
- Then there are those that come with solid patterns.
How to use Sweater for Women?
- If your intention is to get a cozy look, you can wear a sweater over a long sleeve top.
- Conversely, if you want to get a relaxed look, you can wear your sweater over a dark t-shirt.
- There is also the option of wearing your sweater with leggings, to get a flirty look.
- All these are, of course, besides the classic option of wearing a plain sweater over a pair of blue jeans.
- The latter style would give you a quite elegant look.
- So the options in terms of what a sweater for women can be worn with are broad.
- Only your imagination can limit you.
- The most important thing is to ensure that you pull the sweater over your waist nicely.
- If it has sleeves, you can consider smoothing them for an elegant appearance.
- You can then button some or all of the buttons (if the sweater comes with button closure).
- When it comes to cleaning the sweater, follow the manufacturer’s care instructions, to ensure durability.
Buying guide for Sweater for Women
- It is important to start by thinking of what you want to use the sweater you will be buying for.
- Will it be primarily winter clothing (to protect you from cold). Or will it be primarily a fashion clothing item?
- Go for a sweater for women made using a material that is easy to care for.
- If you often find yourself in dusty conditions, go for a color that doesn’t attract dirt easily.
- The durability of any sweater depends on its stitching.
- Therefore go for a well-stitched sweater, if you care about durability.
- Consider the size: and go for a sweater that won’t be too loose or uncomfortably tight on you.
List of Top 10 Best Sweaters for Women in India-Buyers Guide
1. eWools Women’s Casual Winterwear Sweater
The fabric for this sweater is wool. Fit type is regular, with long sleeves.
- This sweater is very warm
- The design has considerable elegance
- Versatile (suitable for wearing with a broad range of pants)
- Requires drying in shade (after washing)
- Some may find the buttonholes to be somewhat small
2. Aarbee Women’s Blended Sweater
What you get here is a V-neck sweater. The closure type is via elegant buttons.
- The sweater is stylish in an elegant way
- It is easy to care for (being a blended fabric sweater)
- It offers a true-to-size fit
- Price may be on the higher side for some
- There may be a limit to the pants with which this sweater can match well
3. Kalt Women’s Acrylic Sweater
Comes with a solid pattern type. The closure is via buttons.
- It has quiet elegance about it
- Stitching it top class
- Easy to care for (being acrylic sweater)
- Some may find the color to be somewhat dull
- It is a relatively expensive sweater
4. Aarbee Blended V-Neck Sweater (Womens)
The potentially durable sweater comes with a ribbed hemline. Fit type is regular.
- It has a nice casual look
- Versatile (matches with many other blouses, pants, and shoes)
- The buttons on this sweater are elegant
- Some may find it too heavy during warmer weather
- The texture may be a little coarse for a few wearers
5. ICABLE Women’s Collared Neck Sweater
The fabric here is wool. The sweater comes with a checkered pattern style.
- Price is reasonable
- Sweater offers considerable warmth
- Appearance is elegant in an understated way
- It May have a slight shrinkage effect
- Care instructions are quite elaborate (this being a wool sweater)
6. Matelco Women’s V-Neck Sweater (Woolen)
What you get here is a beige sweater, with front pockets. The fabric is wool.
- It has a solid elegant look
- Has moderate warmth (being a woolen sleeveless sweater)
- Comes with pockets for carrying stuff
- It is quite expensive
- The fact that it is sleeveless may be off-putting for some
7. SHETRACTIVE Women’s Wool Blend Sweater
This is a V-neck sweater. It is of loose-fit type.
- It has a bold stylish look
- Neither too warm nor too thin
- Price is reasonable
- It only has cap sleeves
- It May be unsuitable for some formal occasions
8. Matelco Women’s Woolen Sweater
Fit type is regular. The fabric is wool.
- Offers good protection from cold
- Design is highly elegant
- The inner texture is soft
- Requires special care attention (being woolen)
- Price is quite high
9. MansiCollections Women’s Acrylic Cable Brown Sweater
This is a full-neck sweater. The fabric is acrylic.
- Price is reasonably low
- Appearance is highly stylish
- The high neck offers extra warmth
- Some may find the texture slightly coarse
- May be unsuitable for certain formal occasions wearing
10. URBAN STUDIO Full Sleeve Sweater for Women
This is another wool sweater. Offers a good combination of warmth and elegance.
- Offers good protection from cold (being a wool sweater)
- Comes with good quality buttons
- Appearance is decent
- It is a relatively costly sweater
- It may be too heavy during warmer weather
Your choice of a sweater will determine how much elegance and protection from cold weather you will get. With the information in this guide, you can make the best possible choice of a women’s sweater.
Where is the best place to buy sweaters?
You can buy sweaters in online marketplaces like Amazon or in local clothing outlets.
Which is the best sweater for women?
The best women’s sweater is one that offers adequate warmth, is soft in texture, and has a good appearance.
What is the cost of the sweater for women?
Women’s sweater prices range from 200 to 1,200 rupees.