Sweaters serve the primary purpose of keeping the wearers warm. Some are also stylish and are therefore worn for fashion reasons. There are special sweaters that are designed for men. They tend to have broader chests and shoulders: inline with men’s typical physique.
The men’s sweaters are also usually in colors and designs that are considered to be masculine. They are suitable for wearing virtually all types of shirts — ‘formal’ shirts, t-shirts, and polo shirts. They are also suitable for wearing with virtually all types of pants: including denim, khaki, and cotton/polyester fabric trousers. Some of these sweaters are in the category of casual wear. Others are sweaters with which the wearers can go to the office: because they are official/formal wear items. Also, check the buyers guide for the best Sweatshirt for Men, cardigans for Men, Tracksuits for men & jackets in India.
List of Top 10 Best Sweater for Men in India
Features of Sweater
- One feature that really matters in a sweater for men is its fit type.
- In this regard, you can go for a regular-fit sweater. Or you can go for a slim-fit sweater.
- Regular-fit will tend to be highly elegant and comfortable for the wearer.
- Slim-fit, on the other hand, tends to be more stylish in appearance.
- Another feature that matters in a sweater for men is the closure type.
- In this regard, you can go for a sweater that closes via a zipper. Or you can go for a sweater with a popper or toggle-type closure.
- There is also the option of going for a button closure sweater.
- Yet another feature that matters in a sweater for men is the neck type.
- This determines how warm the sweater will be. For instance, a sweater with a turtleneck would tend to be warmer than one with a V-neck.
- The colors of sweaters for men matter, as do their sizes and textures.
Types of Sweaters
- There are cotton sweaters for men. Then there are those whose fabric is polyester, and others whose fabric is blended. We also have woolen sweaters.
- There are regular fit sweaters for men. Then there are slim-fit sweaters for men.
- There are V-neck sweaters for men. Then there are turtleneck sweaters as well as round neck sweaters.
- There are long-sleeved sweaters for men. Then there are those with short sleeves. There are also sleeveless sweaters.
How to use a sweater?
- Upon receiving your sweater from the vendor, it is important to first inspect it thoroughly.
- Ensure that it is of the right size and that the stitching is proper. Then wash the sweater as per the applicable care instructions.
- You can wear your sweater over a polo shirt, over a ‘formal/official’ shirt, or over a t-shirt.
- The design of the sweater determines what it can be worn with. So you first put on the polo shirt or official/formal shirt or t-shirt first. Then you wear the sweater on top.
- Upon putting on the shirt, it is important to stretch it (both the sleeves and middle section).
- The idea is to ensure that it fits elegantly, and there are no folds on it.
- Once you start wearing a sweater, it is important to create a cleaning schedule for it.
- Some sweaters also require ironing after washing to maintain elegance.
Buying guide for Sweater
- The most important thing while buying a sweater is to ensure that it fits you perfectly (or at least properly).
- Consider the sweater’s thickness. This will determine the extent to which it can keep you warm.
- Also, consider the sweater’s texture. This will have a huge impact on how comfortable you will be feeling after wearing the sweater.
- Further, check the sweater’s stitching. This will determine how durable the sweater is likely to be.
- Pay some attention to the fabric from which the sweater is made.
- This will have an effect on how easy to take care of the sweater will be, among other things.
List of Top 10 Best Sweater for Men in India-Buyers Guide
1. DENIMHOLIC Men’s Turtle Neck Sweater
The fabric here is cotton. The sweater is of a slim-fit type.
- Has good capability to keep the wearer warm (it is reasonably thick)
- Appearance is stylish
- Can be durable with good care
- It May require lots of time to dry after washing
- Some may find the turtleneck to be a bit stifling
2. Aarbee Men’s V-Neck Sweater
Comes with an argyle pattern type. Fit type is regular.
- Versatile (suitable for use with a wide variety of other clothing items)
- It has a quiet elegance
- Easy to care for
- It is not very thick (hence has limited ability to keep the wearer warm during winter)
- Price is relatively high
3. BASE 41 Men’s Wool Sweater
What you get here is a V-neck sweater. It is ideal for official use.
- Stitching is top-notch
- Price is quite low
- Appearance is considerably elegant
- Can only provide modest warmth (being a V-neck sweater without sleeves)
- Color may fade slightly with time
4. ZAKOD Men’s Wool Sweater
What you get here is a sleeveless woolen sweater. It has a V-neck.
- The texture is nicely soft
- Suitable for both office and casual wear
- Price is reasonably low
- May require frequent cleaning
- It may have a slight shrinkage effect (being a woolen sweater)
5. WearIndia Mens (Slim Fit) Turtleneck Sweater
It has a ribbed design. Comes with a turtle neck.
- Very stylish appearance
- Offers good warmth
- Stitching seems to be of decent quality
- Price is relatively high
- Washing can be hard (this being a thick sweater)
6. Super Weston Men’s V-Neck Sweater
This is a regular-fit sweater. It is of sleeveless variety.
- Price is quite affordable
- Easy to take care of
- Versatile (ideal for both office and casual wearing)
- Some may find appearance not to be particularly stylish (but it is elegant)
- Stitching may eventually start coming apart (but typically only after a long while)
7. ARMISTO Men’s Plain Sweater
What you get here is a soft (hence highly comfortable) sweater. Fabric is 100% cotton.
- Offers the wearer considerable warmth
- It is both stylish and elegant
- Easy to take care of (being 100% cotton)
- Maybe slightly prone to wrinkles (being 100% cotton)
- Color may start fading (but usually after a long while)
8. Trendy House Men’s V-Neck Winter Wear Sweater
Comes with a striped pattern. Fit-type is regular.
- Has a very stylish look
- Offers lots of warmth (being woolen sweater)
- Price is quite low
- May have slight shrinkage (being woolen sweater)
- Takes a bit of time to dry after washing
9. Amazon Brand – Symbol Men’s (Acrylic) Sweater
It is a 100% acrylic sweater. The sweater comes with a V-neck.
- The color is rich and doesn’t fade easily
- Price is relatively low
- Appearance is elegant
- Only offers modest warmth
- Some may find the texture to be slightly stiff
10. Alan Jones Clothing Men’s Acrylic Sweater
This is a V-neck sweater. Fit-type is regular.
- It is easy to take care of
- Has considerable elegance
- Ideal for both casual and formal wearing
- It is relatively thin
- Some may find the color to be a bit on the duller side
Investing in a good-quality sweater can give you good returns in terms of warmth, stylishness, and elegance. Following this guide would place you in a better position to find and buy a good quality men’s sweater.
Where can I buy sweaters online?
You can buy them mainly from web-based marketplace sites like Amazon, or from the manufacturers’ websites.
Which type of sweater is best?
The best sweater is one that offers adequate warmth, has a good appearance, and is easy to take care of.
What is the price of the sweaters for men?
Most range from 400 to 1,000 rupees.