Surgical tape is a type of medical adhesive tape. To hold together wound edges or incisions these tapes are perfect. It is also used to secure dressings, catheters, and other devices to the skin. These tapes have a strong adhesive technique to hold the skin firmly. It allows the air to pass through the tape that’s why it doesn’t damage the skin and can be pull-out to the skin. Surgical tapes are available in a variety of widths and lengths and can be made from different materials, including cloth, paper, and plastic. Prices for surgical tapes vary depending on the type and size of the Tape. The other name of the surgical tape is medical tape.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Surgical needles, Surgical spirit, surgical scissors, Surgical Cotton, Kocher Forceps, Kelly Forceps, Tissue Forceps, Toothed Forceps, Allis Forceps, Dissecting Forceps, Tissue Forceps, Toothed Forceps, Allis Forceps, Absorbent Cotton, Portable oxygen cylinders, Oxygen concentrator Machines, Liquid oxygen supplements, Needle Holders, suction machines, Dusting powders, Pedicure kits, Face masks, Doctor Aprons, Sanitary Pads, Whisper Pads, maternity pads, adult diapers, Disinfectant Wipes, Wet Wipes, Baby diapers, Hand Sanitizer, Surface disinfectant sprays, Best infrared thermometer, UV sterilizers, Hand wash liquids, Best Disinfectant sprays, Baby wipes, Wet wipes, Sweat pads, Toilet chair for adults, Walker for adults, walking sticks, ear cleaners in India.
Top 10 Best Surgical Tapes in India
Features of Surgical Tape
- One of the main features of surgical tape is its adhesive technique. It can hold the skin firmly and does not damage the skin.
- The other feature is it comes in different widths and lengths. The most common widths are ½ inch, 3/4 inch, and 1 inch. The length of the tape depends on the size of the wound or dressing that needs to be covered.
- Another key feature is that these are generally available in white or flesh colour. Some brands also offer surgical tapes in other colors like blue and green.
- Its features include that these tapes are waterproof having absorbent quality.
Types of Surgical Tapes
Surgical tapes come in five different types.
- Silicone tapes: This tape is very effective to use in those areas where moisture irritates.
- Sports tapes: This tape is very useful for athletes because it is very beneficial for sportsman injuries.
- Zinc oxide tapes: This tape is highly useable for common injuries to address immediately to prevent more complications.
- Hypoallergenic tapes: These tapes are very beneficial for the allergic area to avoid rashes and itchiness.
- Retention tapes: These tapes are ideal to use because are soft and manageable.
Buying Guide for Surgical Tape
- When it comes to choosing the right surgical tapes for your needs, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Among medical adhesive tapes, zinc oxide tape (sports tape) is the best choice due to its high strength, durability, and flexibility.
- A special design of athletic tape to conform to flexible, moving parts of the body and stay in place despite sticking better to flat parts of the body – forearms, shins, and back.
- Another buying guide about these tapes is you have to check the durability guarantee of them before buying. An expert flexible material converter can likely guide an accurate assessment.
- Another thing to consider is its price. The price of surgical tape varies depending on the brand, width, and length. A roll of 1/2 inch wide surgical tape may cost around $1 while a roll of 3/4 inch wide surgical tape may cost around $2.
How To Use Surgical Tape?
- To apply the surgical tape, you have to make sure that the surface is clean and dry.
- Apply the product to the clean skin. If you want that tape performs well on your skin firstly you should clean your skin with a wipe or wet tissue.
- Avoid stretching the tape because it will cause the tape to break.
- You can apply the medical tape easily without any worry.
- Remember to use a sufficient amount of tape as you require.
List of Top 10 Best Surgical Tapes in India-Buyers Guide
1. NUVO MEDSURG Surgical Tape
This is a microporous surgical tape. This is 25Mm*9.1 Meter in size. 12 rolls are present in a single box.
- The product has a high durability technique.
- Very easy to use.
- Once it sticks It can be pulled out easily.
- It looks like having some low quality.
- Paper is used to making it looks rigid.
2. Sterimed Steripore Surgical Tape
This surgical tape is very useful for the skin. Acrylic fabric like non-woven fabric is used in the manufacturing of this tape.
- It is water and moisture-resistant tape.
- High-grade adhesive quality.
- Price looks less as compared to other brands.
- The size of the tape is small.
- Quality wise not very strong.
3. MCP Neopore Surgical Tape
This is a 3 inches paper tape. Each box contains 4 tapes. The product claims that it has long-term durability.
- The product has hypoallergenic properties.
- Very useful for patients who have sensitive skin.
- A very durable surgical instrument.
- It seems that the product grip is a little bit weak.
- It is notified that tape paper hurts the skin.
4. SMART CARE Surgical tape
The product box has 12 rolls. With better adhesive quality. It allows air to pass through the skin to avoid more irritation.
- Easy to use.
- Price wise product is good.
- It can be removed from the skin painlessly.
- It looks like the product length is short.
- The tape has some sticky problems.
5. Hospipore Surgical tape
This hypoallergenic tape is perfect for all skin types. Especially for sensitive skin patients.
- The product claims the value of money.
- The price is low and cheap.
- Customers can buy easily.
- The product quality is not much superior.
- Packaging quality must be improved.
6. Dr. Care Neopore Tape
To firmly grab or hold the bandage during surgery. The adhesive technique may cause less harm to the skin.
- Easy to tear with hands instead of scissors.
- Superior grasping and firm grip.
- 12 rolls come in a single pack.
- It seems like the paper quality is very cheap.
- It does not close all the way.
7. Suryus Med Paper tape
This white paper tape is made of acrylic paper and comes in size 5. 12 rolls are present in a box.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- Very comfortable to use.
- It can be adhesive to the skin gently.
- The product display is quite basic.
- The product description can be more defined.
8. Bright Pore Surgical Paper Tape
For durability, this surgical tape is best. It can be peeled off easily.
- Its manufacturing is of high-quality European paper.
- It has good sticky quality.
- 12 rolls in a box.
- It does not work well.
- Quality must be improved.
9. Parv Surgicare Surgical Tape
Product style, size 1-inch 5m long tape. Mainly used for grasping bandages to cover wounds.
- 6 rolls in a pack.
- Permit the air to pass through.
- A complete skin barrier.
- High price as compared to others.
- Packaging quality must be improved.
10. 3M Littman Micropore Tape
This surgical tape has a size of 2.5 cm * 9.14m. Each box contains 12 rolls.
- Adhesion quality is gentle.
- A good quality hypoallergenic rubber is used in making it.
- The product is quite useful.
- Some people got 9 tapes instead of 12 in the box.
- Someone received a damaged box.
The main function of medical adhesive tape is to attach bandages, gauze, and other dressings around wounds. With firm pressure, most adhesive tapes stick and stay in place; that is, they are pressure-sensitive tapes. These are available in different sizes and colors in the market. The use of these tapes is very easy and cure wounds to avoid more complications.
What is the surgical tape used for?
Surgical tape is a type of adhesive tape. They can hold together the skin incisions made during surgery. It’s another use to attach various kinds of dressing to the skin. Cloth, paper, or plastic are its manufacturing components, and is coated with an adhesive material.
What is the name of the surgical tape?
Commonly surgical tapes are also known as medical tapes. Another name for these tapes is micropore paper tape. Most people call it doctor tape. Some other names are adhesive tape, adhesive bandage, and duct tape.
Is surgical tape strong?
Since it dries quickly, it is ideal for long-term use. It sticks to the skin well. There is no sticky glue or residue when removed. These tapes are very strong and have strong adhesive quality.