Surgical spirit is a type of medical-grade alcohol. It is a highly disinfectant. Hospitals and clinics always use this spirit to clean wounds and sterilize equipment. The main function of the surgical spirit is as a cleansing agent for the skin before surgery
It is important to note that surgical spirit is not the same as rubbing alcohol, which is not as strong and can be irritating to the skin. Surgical spirits typically come in a plastic bottle with a dispensing nozzle. It is important to store surgical spirits properly to prevent them from evaporating. The recommended storage temperature for surgical spirit is between 15-25 degrees Celsius. Surgical spirit is generally inexpensive and present at a reasonable price at most pharmacies.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Surgical Cotton, Tissue forceps, Allis Forceps, Toothed Forceps, portable oxygen cylinders, oxygen concentrator Machines, liquid oxygen supplements, Needle Holders, Needle valves, Crochet Needles, Punch needles, lancet needles, Morris Retractors, Absorbent Cotton, Sanitary Pads, Whisper Pads, maternity pads, adult diapers, Disinfectant Wipes, Wet Wipes, Hand Sanitizer, Surface disinfectant sprays, infrared thermometer, UV sterilizers, Hand wash liquids, Disinfectant sprays, in India.
Top 10 Best Surgical Spirits in India
Features of Surgical Spirit
- One of the main features of surgical spirit is Methyl salicylate is the active ingredient in it. It is present in a 0.5% volume/volume ratio.
- The other feature is it has direct contact with the skin. You can use it directly on your skin.
- Another key feature is that the surgical spirits have an antiseptic quality and work as a cleaning agent on the affected area of the skin.
- Its features include that castor oil is present in its composition. Which prevents the skin from cracking and dryness.
Types of Surgical Spirits
There are different types of surgical spirits available in the market.
Ethanol-based surgical spirit
- The most common type is ethanol-based, which is typically 70% alcohol.
- This type of surgical spirit is effective at killing bacteria and preventing infection.
- However, it can also cause drying and irritation of the skin.
- If you have sensitive skin, you may want to choose a different type of surgical spirit.
Isopropyl alcohol-based surgical spirits
- Isopropyl alcohol-based surgical spirits are another option.
- These contain less alcohol than ethanol-based varieties, so they’re less likely to cause skin irritation.
- They’re also less effective at killing bacteria, so they may not be the best choice if you’re worried about infection.
Buying Guide for Surgical Spirit
- If you need a surgical spirit, there are a few things you should keep in mind while making your purchase.
- First, consider the purpose of the surgical spirits. Are you using it for wound care? If so, make sure to choose a product that is specifically designed for this purpose.
- Once you’ve determined what type of surgical spirit you need, it’s time to consider the price. Surgical spirits can range in price from a few dollars to over $100.
- Finally, pay attention to the ingredients list when choosing surgical spirits. Some products may contain ingredients that could cause irritation or allergic reactions.
- If you have sensitive skin, be sure to choose a product that is gentle and unlikely to cause any problems. With these guidelines in mind, find the perfect surgical spirit.
How To Use Surgical Spirit?
- First of all, keep in mind surgical spirits are used only for external purposes. Apply surgical spirit to cotton wool and swab on the skin.
- If you have any allergic issues from any ingredient present in the spirit then you should avoid it. Do not allow naked flames to come in contact with it.
- The use of rubbing alcohol for disinfecting household items such as sponges and cleaning cloths can also be beneficial.
- Place a sponge or cloth in a sealable container and soak it in rubbing alcohol for several minutes or hours. After that use the sponge or cloth at any place to disinfect it.
List of Top 10 Best Surgical Spirits in India-Buyers Guide
1. Niks IPA Iso-Propyl Alcohol
This is an iso-propanol alcohol that is 99% pure.
- Good to use for household items.
- Sealed from the inside which is good for protection.
- A colorless and odorless liquid.
- It looks like the plastic bottle used for this has low quality.
- It leaves a white residue after use.
2. Ases IPA ISO Propyl Alcohol
This surgical spirit is very useful for the skin. A disinfectant liquid is mainly used for medical purposes in hospitals and laboratories.
- 5-liter bottle with good packaging.
- High-grade quality.
- Pure alcohol is used.
- The product has a pungent smell.
- Improve the bottle design to pour the liquid easily into another container.
3. CERO ISO Propyl Alcohol
A good quality product comes in a pack of 4 bottles. Each bottle is 250ml.
- The product has cleaning agent properties.
- Multi-functional product.
- Very useful to clean surgical instruments.
- It seems that the lid grip is a little bit weak.
- It is notified that it hurts the skin if directly used.
4. Vetro Power Pre-Cleaner Iso-Propyl Alcohol
1-liter bottle of surgical spirit. Good to use to remove dust and stains.
- Easy to use.
- Price wise product is good.
- It can clean your computer screen as well.
- It has some quantity issues.
- Some people thought that the seller has old stock.
5. SPIRIT-AD Iso-Propyl Alcohol
A 400ml quantity product. Perfectly use for medical household use.
- The product claims the value of money.
- A good cleaning agent.
- It has a good disinfectant property.
- The product quality is not much superior.
- The price looks a bit high.
6. Spiritcamtech Isopropyl Alcohol
This surgical spirit has good quality. A good antiseptic product is used to disinfect the surface and things.
- A nice product for clean electronics.
- Superior antiseptic quality.
- For cleaning, purposes can be diluted with water.
- Plastic bottle damage while delivery.
- A costly product as compared to its quantity.
7. RAMPASS IPA ISO Propyl Alcohol
This propyl alcohol works in industries as well as in houses for cleaning purposes.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- This spirit cleans the glass tiles smoothly.
- The product cleans the polymer resin gently.
- The product display is quite basic.
- The product description can be more defined.
8. Petric Enterprise IPA ISO Propyl
To sterilize surgical equipment this is a fine product. Mostly used in clinics.
- Its manufacturing is of high-quality alcohol.
- It has good quality.
- A good quantity product.
- It does not work well.
- Quality must be improved.
9. SHLOKA IPA ISO Propyl Alcohol
For medical use this spirit is perfect. Its main purpose is to prevent wounds from infection. It may have direct contact with the skin.
- 5 liters in volume.
- It kills germs and inhibits bacteria growth.
- A complete skin barrier.
- Have an odd smell.
- The seller should improve packaging quality.
10. Mavig Spiritchemtech Isopropyl Alcohol
This surgical spirit can cure minor cuts and injuries. It can save wounds from bacterial infection.
- Gently use on skin.
- A good quality hypoallergenic product.
- The product is quite useful.
- A product description is basic.
- Improve the quality more.
Surgical spirits are present in liquid form. Their main function is to clean household items, wounds, and surgical instruments. Its major part consists of alcohol. A good antiseptic product. Easy to use and easy to buy. People having sensitive skin should see the composition of the spirit before buying. Purchase a spirit that has less harmful ingredients.
What is the surgical spirit used for?
The use of rubbing alcohol, or surgical spirit is to clean and disinfect surface wounds, cuts, and bruises. To make hand sanitizers, surgical spirit plays a vital role in making it. Surgical spirit is antiseptic so you can use it as a cleaning agent on any surface to kill germs, bacteria, and viruses.
Is surgical spirit the same as alcohol?
No, surgical spirit and alcohol are not the same. For disinfecting your skin or home, isopropyl alcohol is too hazardous. Companies use isopropyl alcohol for industrial purposes. Rubbing alcohol works to clean household items.
What is the price of surgical spirit?
Laboratories and hospitals are the main areas where these spirits use. In markets, its price is 50 INR per bottle. Price may vary according to the quality and quantity of spirit. The average price of surgical spirit per liter is around USD 10.