A surgical needle serves the role of carrying sutures for the purpose of sewing tissues. Thus at the end of a surgical operation, the needle can be used to suture up (and close) the wound. People who have injuries that require stitches also get ‘sewn up’ using the surgical needle. There are also cases where people use this type of needle for piercing the ears, noses, navels, and so on. It tends to be better for this purpose than most other ‘crude’ tools. If you are in charge of buying supplies for a hospital, you may need to be buying surgical needles frequently. And if you run a parlor where ear, nose, and other piercings are done, you may need surgical needles.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Surgical spirit, surgical scissors, Surgical Cotton, Dissecting Forceps, Tissue Forceps, Toothed Forceps, Allis Forceps, Absorbent Cotton, Portable oxygen cylinders, Oxygen concentrator Machines, Liquid oxygen supplements, Needle Holders, suction machines, Dusting powders, Pedicure kits, Face masks, Doctor Aprons, Sanitary Pads, Whisper Pads, maternity pads, adult diapers, Disinfectant Wipes, Wet Wipes, Baby diapers, Hand Sanitizer, Surface disinfectant sprays, Best infrared thermometer, UV sterilizers, Hand wash liquids, Best Disinfectant sprays, Baby wipes, Wet wipes, Sweat pads, Toilet chair for adults, Walker for adults, walking sticks, ear cleaners in India.
Top 7 Best Surgical Needles online in India
Features of Surgical Needle
- In a surgical needle, the gauge is a very important feature. This can determine what sorts of procedures you can use the needle in. For instance, if you need needles for use in surgical theatres, gauge 16 (16G) may be ideal in most cases. But if you need needles for body piercing, what may be ideal in most cases would be gauge 18 (18G).
- Another important feature of a surgical needle is its sharpness. For certain procedures, the needle needs to be laser sharp. Otherwise, if you use a needle of dubious sharpness, it can end up damaging body tissue in a huge way.
- Sturdiness is yet another key feature of a surgical needle. The needle needs to be sturdy, to minimize the catastrophic risk of it breaking while in use.
- Further, sterility is a critical feature in a surgical needle. This determines how safe to use the needle would be.
Types of Surgical Needles
- In the surgical needle context, there are cutting needles. Then there are round-bodied needles. The cutting needles are ideal for use while dealing with tough skin tissues.
- On the other hand, the round-bodied needles are ideal for use while dealing with softer ‘friable’ tissue. That is for instance the tissue in organs like the liver and kidney.
- On another note, there are single-use disposable surgical needles. Then there are reusable surgical needles (which only require sterilization between operations).
Buying Guide for Surgical Needle
- The most important consideration should be on the intended purpose of the surgical needles you need. Are they for use in actual surgical operations? Or are they for use in things like ear, nose, nipple, and navel piercings? This will help you identify the most suitable surgical needle type for the need at hand.
- Ultimately, you can’t use a surgical needle that is meant for use in body piercings within the surgical theatre context.
- Usually, a surgical needle is not sold as a single piece. Instead, these needles come in packs wherein you find many units.
- The purpose for which you need the needles can inform the most ideal pack size for you.
- Of course, the surgical needle price is also something to consider. But you need to know that the price depends on the type and quality of the needle. For some varieties, you just have to be ready to pay a relatively higher surgical needle price.
How To Use Surgical Needle?
- You can use the surgical needle to suture up a patient following a surgical operation.
- Another use of the needle can be in closing open wounds. There are also those who use these needles for applications like ear, nipple, nose, and navel piercing.
- If you are using the surgical needle for suturing purposes, you have to thread it up.
- Then you have to place it in a needle holder.
- Thereafter, you need to apply just the right level of pressure, to get the needle to pass through the tissue.
List of Top 7 Best Surgical Needles in India-Buyers Guide
1. Chrontier 20G Gauge Sterilized Surgical Steel Needles
What you get here is a pack containing 10 needles. Very ideal for body piercing purposes.
- Each needle comes individually sealed
- These needles don’t cause allergic reactions
- Each needle comes pre-sterilized
- The price may seem somewhat high for 10 needles
- Since they are all 20 gauge needles, they may not be suitable for certain varied uses
2. Medsor Impex Electro Surgical Cautery Needle Set
This is a set of 7 needles. The needled material is stainless steel.
- The set has almost all the needles needed for most procedures
- The price is reasonable for the quality of the needles
- These needles are quite convenient to use
- May only work well with the RD electrocautery device
- Sterilizing these needles requires some level of effort
3. Diklap Electrodes Surgical Needle Cautery Set
Ideal for use in a wide range of procedures. The needled material is special (316) surgical stainless steel.
- All needles in this set are optimally designed
- These are autoclavable needles (which means you can reuse them)
- They come in good packaging
- The price is not cheap
- These surgical needles require very careful handling
4. Modern Aesthetics Electrodes Surgical Needle Cautery Set
In this set, there are needles that are ball pointed, straight-pointed, and of pointed band type. The material is 316-grade surgical stainless steel.
- All the commonly needed needle types are available in this set
- The respective needles are sturdy
- In the long run, these reusable needles are more economical
- Some may find these needles’ prices a bit high
- Using these needles appropriately requires advanced training
5. 316L Surgical Steel (Sterilized) Needles
What you get here is a pack that contains 5 surgical needles. They are ideal for body piercing purposes.
- Each needle comes with a rubber tip which ensures sterility
- The needles come in all common gauges (from 14G to 20G)
- The needle set is very hygienically packed
- These are single-use needles
- The price is quite high for 5 disposal needles
6. 18G Surgical Steel Sterile Disposable Needles
What you get here is a pack with 100 individual needles in it. They are ideal for ear, nipple, nose, and navel piercing purposes.
- The needles’ length (at about 50 mm or roughly 2 inches) is adequate for most common needs
- The price per needle is very reasonable
- Each of the needles comes with a stopper tip for protective purposes
- All needles are of a single gauge (that is 18G)
- Some may find the 100 needles in the set too many
7. Tooarts Surgical Steel Sterile Disposable Needles
The pack contains 100 needles. They are suitable for use in tattooing as well as nose, ear, nipple, and navel piercing works.
- Every single needle comes in its own sterile pack
- These needles are of tri-beveled type
- The 50 mm length of these needles makes them very convenient to use
- The total price for the pack is quite high (though the price per needle is actually very reasonable)
- These are single-use needles
In order to do surgical operations, wound suturing, and body piercing procedures well, you need proper surgical needles. This guide can help you identify and buy the best surgical needles for your particular needs.
What is a surgical needle?
It is a device used medically for suturing tissues, as well as for making body piercings in the beauty industry.
How many types of surgical needles are there?
There are many surgical needle types, including straight-cutting needles and round-body needles.
What size needle is used for surgery?
Usually, for many surgical purposes, the most appropriate needle size is 16 gauge.