Sterile gloves serve as a physical barrier, covering the hands of the wearer and preventing the transmission of diseases. They are often worn in medical settings. They help to ensure that there is no transmission of diseases between healthcare service providers and patients. For instance, while a medic is examining a patient, they usually need to wear gloves. And while undertaking procedures such as dressings, suturing or surgical operations, medics have to wear these gloves. The design of the gloves is such that pathogens which cause diseases can’t permeate them.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Plastic gloves, Disposable gloves, Kitchen gloves, Latex gloves, Riding gloves, Surgical Gloves, Nitrile gloves, Bike gloves, Gym gloves, Boxing gloves, Winter gloves, Hand gloves, surgical scissors, Surgical Cotton, Toothed Forceps, Allis Forceps, Absorbent Cotton, Portable oxygen cylinders, Oxygen concentrator Machines, Liquid oxygen supplements, Needle Holders, suction machines, Dusting powders, Pedicure kits, Face masks, Doctor Aprons, Sanitary Pads, Whisper Pads, maternity pads, adult diapers, Disinfectant Wipes, Wet Wipes, Baby diapers, Hand Sanitizer, Surface disinfectant sprays, Best infrared thermometer, UV sterilizers, Hand wash liquids, Best Disinfectant sprays, Baby wipes, Wet wipes, Sweat pads, Toilet chair for adults, Walker for adults, walking sticks, ear cleaners in India.
Top 10 Best Sterile Gloves in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Sterile Gloves
- In these gloves, the texture is a very important feature. Internally, the gloves need to be soft. This way, they can be comfortable for the wearer. And externally, they need to be smooth. That way, they wouldn’t injure the tissues of the patients being internally handled with them.
- Another key feature of these gloves is sturdiness. The gloves shouldn’t tear easily.
- Yet another important feature of these gloves is flexibility. The gloves shouldn’t affect the wearer’s dexterity.
- Further, in the gloves, rollback protection is an important feature. This can be achievable through things like beaded cuffs. The worst thing that can happen is for the gloves to roll back/slip off during, say, a surgical operation.
Types of Sterile Gloves
- There are examinations of these gloves. Then there are surgical gloves. The difference between the two is usually in terms of sizing and sensitivity. The surgical gloves tend to come in very precise sizes and they tend to offer great sensitivity. They are therefore usually costlier. Conversely, the examination gloves are less precisely sized. And they also offer less sensitivity.
- With regard to what they are made from, there are latex gloves. Then there are nitrile gloves. There are also those made from vinyl.
Buying Guide for Sterile Gloves
- The types of procedures you will be undertaking while wearing these gloves should be the main consideration. Are they for wearing mainly during patient examinations? Or are they for wearing during surgical procedures? This can help you in selecting the most appropriate type of these gloves for the need at hand.
- In all cases, ensure that the gloves you buy have truly good safety profiles. Note that for those made from materials like rubber, there may be issues like allergic reactions.
- Pay attention to these gloves’ prices as well. But note that in some cases, paying a slightly higher sterile glove price may be justifiable. That would be the case if the quality is truly superior.
How To Use Sterile Gloves?
- You can wear these gloves while undertaking medical examinations. Other situations where the gloves need to be worn include while drawing blood samples, dressing/cleaning wounds and so on.
- Normally, you have to clean your hands thoroughly and dry them. Then open the box containing the gloves and pick a pair.
- Roll the gloves onto your hands, taking care not to knick them even slightly in the process.
- You may now proceed with whatever procedure you need to undertake.
- At the end of it all, remember to dispose of these gloves responsibly.
List of Top 10 Best Sterile Gloves in India-Buyers Guide
1. NUVO MEDSURG Sterile Surgical Gloves
What you get here is a box with 25 pairs of gloves. They are made of latex.
- The gloves’ texture is very soft
- They offer good grip
- The price for the box of 25 pairs is quite low
- Some people may be allergic to latex
- For some people, the powder inside may feel a bit excessive
2. Careview Latex Medical Examination Gloves
This is a pack of 100 gloves pairs. These are minimally powdered gloves.
- These are very stretchy gloves
- Price for the pack of 100 gloves is quite low
- They are least likely to cause allergic reactions (as they are less powdered)
- These gloves are actually non-sterile
- Some people may find a pack of 100 gloves superfluous to their needs
3. THERMO Nulife Sterile Latex Gloves
In this pack, there are 5 pairs of gloves. These are top quality surgical gloves.
- These gloves have good sensitivity
- They come in excellent packaging
- The gloves include triple safety features
- Price is quite high for 5 pairs of gloves
- For some uses, 5 pairs of gloves may prove too few
4. Johnson Stores Foam Sterile Gloves
Here, you get 2 boxes, each with 100 pairs of gloves. Each glove is of size 6.5.
- These foam gloves have a high degree of sterility
- The gloves’ packaging is decent
- 2 boxes of 100 glove pairs each can last for quite long
- Price may be beyond reach for some buyers
- The 6.5 glove size may not be too small or too big for some users’ needs
5. Rakshan Powdered Surgical Gloves
This is a pack bearing 25 pairs of gloves. They are made using latex.
- These gloves have undergone ETO sterilization
- They are versatile gloves (usable in many procedures)
- The gloves have a good texture
- These gloves come pre-powdered (which some few people may not like)
- For some people, the latex material may cause certain reactions
6. SURGICARE Sterile Rubber Gloves
What you get here are highly sterile surgical gloves. The size is 6 inches.
- The price per glove is low (seeing there are 50 gloves pairs in the pack)
- The gloves have a good grip and don’t roll back easily
- These gloves have a good texture
- For some people, 6-inch gloves may prove too small or too big
- These rubber gloves require storage in cool places
7. Relix Shoppe Surgical Rubber Gloves
What you get here are large size (8 inch) gloves. The pack has 15 pairs.
- These gloves’ design minimizes possibility of rollback
- The gloves come ready for use (pre-powdered)
- Their level of sterility is remarkably high
- For many people, 8 inch gloves may prove too big
- Price may appear too high for a pack of 15 gloves pairs
8. SURGICOMFORT Sterile Latex Gloves
In this pack, there are 10 pairs of gloves. Their size is 7.5.
- These are only lightly powdered gloves
- The 10 pairs in this pack are neither too many nor too few for most people’s needs
- Price is quite low
- Some may find the gloves too stretchy
- The 7.5 size may be too big for some
9. Nulife Disposable Sterile Surgical Gloves
What you get here is a pack with 50 pairs of gloves. Size is 6.5.
- These rubber gloves are fully impermeable by pathogens
- The 6.5 size is ideal for most people’s hands
- These gloves are reasonably soft
- Some may find the 50 pairs of gloves in this pack too many
- Price for the pack is quite high
10. RXSHOPY Sterile Surgical Gloves
This is a pack of 10 pairs of gloves. The gloves come pre-powdered.
- These are natural rubber latex gloves
- Each pair has individual packing
- Price is quite low for 20 pairs of gloves
- The latex with which they are made may cause allergic reactions to some users
- Some may find the powdering too heavy or too light
Proper sterile gloves can enhance safety in surgical and other medical procedures. This guide has the information you need to be empowered while shopping for the very best sterile gloves in India.
What are sterile gloves?
They are devices worn on the hands to create a physical barrier and thus prevent the transmission of diseases.
What is the difference between surgical gloves and sterile gloves?
Surgical gloves are of very precise sizes and come with greater sensitivity while other sterile gloves are more loosely designed.
What is the purpose of wearing sterilised gloves?
That is to prevent the transmission of diseases.