The staple gun has recently become a necessary tool in the household. The possibilities of its application are quite extensive: furniture panelling, fiberboard mounting, etc. It is not difficult to choose a suitable stapler if you know a few things.
A staple gun (tacker gun) is a tool that most people acquire for solving one-time tasks: to cover some seat for a chair or to replace the frayed upholstery of a kitchen corner. Many families find themselves in the same situation.
Top 10 Best Staple Gun Varieties in India
Types of staple guns
The staple gun is of three types that are.
- The mechanical lever is the most popular type of tacker gun.
- A large selection of manufacturers, models, implies the use of different types of brackets.
- The most common type is 53. It is most often needed for pulling the upholstery of furniture.
- Fixing the vapour barrier.
- Advantages in the accuracy of fixing the bracket, the availability of consumables, an acceptable price.
- Mechanical hammer staple gun.
- The difference is in the mechanism, the lever type must be pressed on the lever located on the body and there will be a blow that clogs the bracket.
- Hammer type, based on the name, it is necessary to hit the attachment point with a swing, as with a hammer.
- It is convenient because, unlike a hammer, one hand is involved. And in contrast to the lever, when hammering a large number of staples, the hand will be less tired, and the speed and performance will be higher.
- The disadvantages are that the swing space is needed for the operation, and the accuracy is much lower.
- This is probably why this type of staple gun has not received sufficient distribution.
- Electric, mains-operated, staple gun.
- Definitely, a more powerful variety, much easier to interact with, especially if you have a large amount of work ahead of you.
- Ergonomic design, adjustable power, protection against accidental pressing only add comfort when working.
- A significant disadvantage is mobility, it has limits in the length of the wire, and the availability of electricity at the facility where you will work.
- Electric battery tacker gun.
- This type of tool is the latest word in the development of household use.
- It has all the advantages of an electric staple gun and eliminates its disadvantages.
- Very convenient when used at height, has a couple of disadvantages.
- The first is the price, much higher than the analogues.
- The second is the battery, on the one hand, this is an advantage, but also a disadvantage, the service life is limited, the price is high (if you want to change it), there is always a need for constant recharging.
- This is a very powerful and extremely reliable tool that has an increased resource.
- It is powered by pressurized air. Designed for heavy use, large sizes of staples and nails.
- It is appropriate to have it in the construction of houses, as well as in production.
- A significant disadvantage is the need for a compressor or a line with compressed air.
Buyers guide – staple guns
Before buying the staple gun, look for these things.
- It is always necessary to choose based on the tasks set.
- The harder the material and the greater the amount of work, the more powerful and reliable the tool is needed.
- Also pay attention to the availability of consumables, and of course the price that you are willing to pay for comfort.
How to use staple guns
- In order to fix the necessary element, you should tightly attach the device to the place where you plan to hammer the bracket.
- After that, without lifting the device from the surface, you need to press the button (lever) of the trigger mechanism.
- If these manipulations are successful, you will hear a characteristic sound and see the bracket included in the material.
- The power of the staplers increases from mechanical to pneumatic. At the same time, staplers of the same type also have different impact forces.
- You can estimate it by the maximum height of the bracket: the larger it is, the higher the impact force of the tool.
- It is better to choose more powerful products, in extreme cases, the power can be reduced.
- For household needs, it is better to buy a stapler with a maximum height of the bracket of at least 12 mm.
- Many tools are able to perform additional tasks that significantly expand the scope of their application.
- This can be: fixing wires, packing boxes, hammering nails, or installing rivets.
- Of course, such a stapler will cost more, but in return, the buyer gets two tools in one, which significantly saves money
List of Top 9 Best Staple gun Varieties in India
1. Miles TP-10 Gun Tacker
This can hold up to 100 pins, which can be loaded by a simple lowering method. It has a recharge indicator, which is very convenient to use. The handle lock allows for easy storage.
- The product is made of plastic, but it is durable.
- Works well.
- Not for all types of work, there is enough tension for good penetration.
2. Miles 3 In 1 Gun Tacker Ts 2313A
It has a sleek and stylish design without any bumps. It has a very good force adjustment. Includes a lock for the handle, a small but very useful thing. High-quality recharge indicator. The most convenient handle for different jobs.
- The penetrating power of the staple is good.
- In most cases, using one hand is quite convenient.
- The colour of the product may differ from the picture on the box.
3. 2 in 1 Heavy Duty Rubber Grip Staple Gun
This is one of the most powerful stapler guns with 1000 staples included. The perfect helper for furniture upholstery, as well as repairs and much more. A convenient mechanism to reload staples. Very comfortable handle.
- Good build quality
- Perfectly copes with different work.
- Not the most ergonomic product.
4. Kangaro TS 623 Miles Staples
It has a sleek design. Easy recharge with the recharge indicator. Handle lock for easy storage. It suits both, beginners and professionals.
- The model is good and durable.
- High price.
5. Tools Centre Kangaro Miles TP-10 Gun Tacker
It has a plastic case with a metal handle, as well as a handle lock for more convenient storage. It is best to use it with stacks 24/6, 23/6, 23/8, 23/10, T8, T10.
- Perfectly copes with the work.
- It does not have a large colour range.
6. Tacwise Z1-140 Heavy Duty Hand Tacker/Staple Gun
It has excellent quality, very compact and convenient. Good design, perfect for any upholstery. It’s possible to use it with readers: 5/32, 3/16, 1/4, and 5/16 inches.
- It works efficiently and efficiently.
- There may be problems with the selection of brackets.
7. INDURO Stapler for Wood with 5000 Staples
The case is made of heavy-duty metal. It is possible to lock the handle, which is a very convenient function. It contains 100 staples. It’s possible to use it with brackets 23/6, 23/8, 23/10, 23/12.
- The quality matches its price.
- No significant drawbacks were found.
8. Inditrust Heavy Duty Stapler Staple Gun Nailer Tacker
It suits well different types of finishes. A comfortable grip handle improves control and comfort, and it is especially important that even with prolonged use. Excellent quality.
- Good price.
- Featured in the work.
- There are marriages associated with the slot.
9. Toriox Multipurpose Three-Way Shooting 3 in 1 Heavy Duty Metal Staple Gun
Made of alloy steel. Strong enough. Holds up to 100 staples. Works well in everyday tasks.
· Cheap price.
· Supports a few bracket sizes.
The best option for periodic use is a conventional mechanical lever-type stapler. It is better if it has a metal body, adjustable power and the ability to put brackets of 53 types with a height of 4 to 14 mm. With such tools, it is quite convenient to work, it has a low price, well hammers the staples into the pine and chipboard, and there will be no problems with finding the staples. Don’t forget to choose the right brackets. So that the tool works correctly and does not break.
There are also special staples of various shapes for specific work: V-shaped, semicircular. The height of the brackets should be chosen based on the material to be worked with. For example, for the upholstery of a sofa, four millimetres will be enough, while for a tree, the maximum size will be needed.
Is the staple gun used for wood & sofa?
In most cases, people purchase this for solving various tasks: to cover some kind of seat for a chair or to replace the frayed upholstery of the kitchen corner. In particular, it is suitable for working with the wood and upholstery of the sofa.
Can I use a regular staple gun for upholstery?
Yes, of course. Most of the staplers are made for this purpose and much more.
What is the staple gun price in India?
Prices vary depending on the tasks for which you purchase it, on average from 400 ₹.