Solid-state storage devices (SSD) are devices that store data. They use flash memory and in laptops are secondary storages. SSDs are resistant to shock and run in silence. They store data in circuits
Also, check the buyers guide for 512GB SSD, 1TB SSD, Gaming Laptop Under 60000, Gaming Laptop Under 50,000, Laptop under 40000, Gaming Laptops under 50000, Gaming Laptops under 60000, Gaming laptops under 70000, Laptops under 70000, Laptop Cleaning Kit, Laptop Bags, Laptop Cooling Pads, Laptop Stands & Laptop Power Banks.
Top 10 Best SSD for Laptop in India
Features of SSD for Laptop
No moving parts
- They run in silence and don’t spin.
- After locating data, they retrieve it instantly and there are no issues of fragmentation.
- Since no parts are moving, energy is saved whether they are working or idle.
- They have software that detects/predicts failure before it happens.
- Giving you enough time to back up your work and buy new ones.
- This makes them a much much better investment than HDDs.
Types of SSDs for Laptop
- They are the very first generation of SSD and are much faster.
- They are better when one has large files.
Buyer’s Guide for SSD for Laptop
Before buying an SSD, you should keep the following points in mind:
Know the kind of SSD your laptop is compatible with
- There are a lot of SSDs in the market that is compatible with multiple devices. If you have more than one computerized device, consider buying a multi-purpose SSD.
- Buy an SSD that has a space of above 500GB
- Some SSD cards are cheaper but slower. To get the most out of your card, consider buying one that is fast.
There are cheap cards but don’t have enough storage rooms. Buying a pricey SSD card may seem expensive at first but will be cheaper in the long run.
How to use SSD for Laptop?
- To start with, make sure that your laptop is not connected to a power source.
- Open the laptop’s casing. Your laptop’s user manual should have guidelines on how to do this and which screwdrivers to use.
- Locate your laptop’s storage bay and insert/plug our SSD card into the system. Make sure not to force anything. It should be easy to plug it in.
- Assemble the laptop back and power it.
- You have successfully installed your SSD and are ready to use
List of Top 10 Best SSD for Laptop in India-Buyers Guide
1. Western Digital WD Blue 500 GB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive
Western Digital SSD card is highly efficient and reliable. It performs better and is compatible with many laptops. It has a memory capacity of 500GB
- Highly efficient and reliable
- Compatible with many laptops
- It has a memory of 500GB
- Doesn’t include an adapter in the box
- It’s not returnable
2. A-DATA Ultimate SU650 3D NAND 120GB Solid-state drive
This Solid State Drive Fitted with dust and water resistance. It absorbs shock well. Storage of 120GB and a fast transfer speed of 520mbps. Lightweight and compact.
- Dust and waterproof
- Lightweight and compact
- Absorbs shock
- Less storage capacity
- Quite pricey
3. Seagate Barracuda Q1 SSD 240GB Internal Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda SSD Available with pay on delivery option when you buy on Amazon. Has long hours between failures and comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Pay on delivery option
- A long hour between failures. Up to 1.8 M hours
- 3-year warranty
- Not ideal for use on heavy software
- Quite pricey compared to other SSD
4. HP SSD S700 2.5 Inch 500GB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive
HP SSD Reads and loads data instantly. Made with end-to-end data security and key protect making sure that your data is free from hacks and viruses.
- Loads data instantly
- End to end key protections from hacks and viruses
- It has a wide range of compatibility
- Crashes when handling big files
- Warranty is not found on the website
5. Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive
A Samsung product that’s performance is enhanced. Comes with a 5-year warranty and is ideal for all kinds of activities.
- Performance enhanced
- 5-year warranty
- Ideal even for high-end activities
- Quite expensive
- A customer complained that they couldn’t locate the serial number on the Samsung site to acquire the warranty.
6. Silicon Power 512GB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC Cache Performance Boost SATA
Silicon Power 512GB SSD Enhanced with SLC Cache Technology for longer lifespan and performance boost. The system is improved due to its fast speed for both transfer and boot up.
- Enhance with SLC Cache Technology
- Longer lifespan and performance boost
- Fast boot-up and transfer speed
- A customer complained that there was no service center available for help with Amazon customer care
- Customers complained that the speed wasn’t as advertised
7. Verbatim 128GB Vi550 SATA
This is Compatible with various devices. It loads data very fast and is very easy to install. This product is not available for purchase on Amazon currently.
- Easy to install
- Compatible with various devices
- Works very fast
- A customer complained they received a damaged product
- It is currently unavailable with no information on when it will be back.
8. Furn Aspire Osaka 120 GB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive
This Brand warranty of 3 years. LabTM certified for reliability as well as compatibility. It works in an efficient manner and loads quickly.
- Brand warranty of 3 years
- LabTM certified
- Compatible with multiple devices
- It has a low GB compared to other brands
- No information is available on where to claim a warranty
9. SellZone 120GB Laptop/Desktop SSD
SellZone SSD Compatible even with a desktop, this SSD is quality and genuine product and has a 2-year warranty. Available storage is 120GB.
- Compatible with a desktop
- Quality and genuine product
- 2-year warranty
- Storage is quite small
- There are no reviews on Amazon available for this item
10. Portable SSD SATA3 Interface S400 120GB Internal Solid State Drive
Portable SSD Made of environmentally friendly material. It is thinner and has very little to no noise. Offers high speed for storage of videos, photos, and files
- High-speed storage
- Environmental friendly
- Thinner and has little to no noise
- There are no reviews available for this item
- Compared to other SSD, it has smaller storage space.
If you have a laptop, computer, or desktop that has slowed down due to age or memory, it is time to invest in an SSD. Your device will load images, videos, texts, or files much faster. SSD is available in different sizes and some are compatible with multiple devices. Overall, investing in an SSD is much better than buying an HDD for your computerized devices.
Which SSD is preferred for Laptop?
Many available brands in the market are compatible with laptops. They vary depending on the storage size, which brand, and price.
What is the price of a laptop SSD?
The price of SSD for laptops varies depending on the brand as well as memory size. However, the price range is between 1,000 INR and 10,000INR.