A spray pump serves the purpose of pushing a fluid onto a nozzle at high pressure. As a result of the pressure, the fluid comes out in the form of a fine spray. Most spray pumps have mechanisms through which the ‘fineness’ of the sprays coming out of their nozzles can be controlled.
This liquid in question could be a pesticide (for domestic or garden use). It could also be a fumigant or sanitizer. Or it could simply be water. What the sprayer does is convert the fluid in its tank into a fine spray. The spray can then be directed at specific spots using the nozzle. Some spray pumps are operated manually. Others use electric power (usually from batteries) to generate the necessary pressure.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Hand Sanitizers, Disinfectant Sprays in India.
List of Top 10 Best Spray Pumps in India
Features of a Spray Pump
- One of the important features of a spray pump is sturdiness.
- The best sprayers have sturdy tanks.
- They are therefore able to withstand the pressures they are subjected to without bursting.
- The pressure is usually measured in terms of ‘bars’.
- Another important feature of a spray pump is its capacity.
- In this regard, there are spray pumps whose tanks have the capacity for as little as 2 (or even less) liters.
- Then there are big ones, whose capacity goes to as high as 20 liters or even more.
- Yet another important feature is corrosion resistance.
- The chemicals that are sprayed using these machines are often of a corrosive nature.
- Therefore the best spray pumps have corrosion resistance features.
- The size of the top hole in a spray pump determines how easy it will be to fill it up.
- It also determines how easy it will be to mix/stir up chemicals, once they are in the pump’s tank.
- A shoulder strap is an important feature in a spray pump, as is the handle and the safety valve.
Types of Sprayer Pumps
- On one hand, there are manually operated spray pumps.
- On the other hand, there are battery-operated sprayers.
- Some spray pumps have tanks made out of plastic.
- Others have tanks made out of certain metals.
- Some sprayers are very lightweight, even as others are considerably heavy.
- Certain spray pumps come with the most basic of features.
- Others come with advanced features – including things like lockable triggers (for continuous spray) and angled spray nozzles.
- Spray Bottles, Sanitizer Spray machines & Fogging machines are also used.
How to use a Spray Pump?
- Most spray pumps have to be assembled before they can be used.
- If your sprayer pump came with a manual, you will need to use the assembly instructions in the manual.
- After assembling the sprayer pump, the next step is to fill the tank with the fluid you wish to spray.
- After that, you need to apply pressure to the pump.
- All spray pump manufacturers provide a handle for this purpose.
- All you need to do is figure out how much pressure you need.
- Then figure out how many times/how hard you need to work the handle, to achieve that pressure.
- Once you have the desired pressure, you can direct the nozzle to the surfaces you wish to spray.
- You may need to keep on working the handle, to maintain the pressure.
- After using the pump, you need to wash its tank.
- Then you need to put some plain water into the tank, and spray it out, to clean the sprayer mechanism.
- Otherwise, chemical debris could accumulate in the sprayer mechanism, causing blockages and other challenges later.
Buyer’s guide for Sprayer Pumps
- In buying a sprayer pump, it is important to examine the pump’s tank very carefully.
- Ensure that it is sturdy and capable of withstanding the pressure.
- It should not be the sort of tank that bursts when it is subjected to pressure.
- Further, to reduce the risk of your spray pump tank bursting, ensure that the pump comes with a safety valve.
- This would enable you to release excess pressure, as the need arises.
- Ensure that the shoulder strap for the spray pump you buy is strong enough to carry it.
- It should also be comfortable.
- The pump you buy should be one whose spare parts are easily available.
- Furthermore, the pipes connecting the nozzle to the tank should be of a type that is not prone to leakages.
- The pump should be easy to clean. And the tank should be of adequate capacity for the usage you have in mind.
- The nozzle itself needs to be sturdy.
- Try to go for a spray pump whose nozzle gives you many adjustment (spray fineness) options.
- If you can find one, go for a spray pump that comes with a proper warranty.
List of Top 10 Best Spray Pumps in India-Buyers Guide
1. Kisan Kraft KK-PS5000 5-Litre Plastic Manual Sprayer (Colour May Vary)
Kisan Kraft sprayer comes with a 5-liter capacity tank. It is a nice, manually operated sprayer – very ideal for light-duty gigs.
- Very low price
- Comes with warranty
- Light-weight (thanks to plastic tank)
- Packaging is somewhat uninspiring
- Limited (5 liters) capacity
2. Fieldstar 8-Litre Plastic Manual Sprayer (Color May Vary)
Fieldstar Sprayer is a reasonably-priced plastic sprayer. Its 8-liter capacity makes it suitable for medium-duty spraying tasks.
- Quite affordable
- Easy to start using
- Reasonably durable
- Manual slightly hard to understand
- Cleaning requires some patience
3. Super Garden Pressure Spray Pump (8 L)
Super Garden pressure spray is a simple-looking, yet quite a powerful sprayer. It is also one of the cheapest in the market.
- Light-weight (hence easy to carry around)
- Sturdy nozzle
- Limited capacity for long-range spraying
- First time assembly can be slightly tricky
4. Homdum 5 L Portable Pressurized water Sprinkler can for Gardening & sanitizer spraying. Manual hand pressure agriculture Chemical Pesticides spray pump, car cleaning Sprayer, Color – Blue
Homdum sprayer is one of the most versatile sprayer pumps. In spite of its limited 5 Liter capacity, it can be used for numerous jobs.
- Big top hole for filling and mixing
- Comes with an adjustable nozzle
- Comes with a lockable trigger mechanism
- Only 5-liter capacity
- Not suitable for viscous fluids
5. Labdhi International Agriculture Knapsack Battery Operated Sprayer, 16 L (Blue)
Labdhi battery-operated sprayer is one of those battery-operated sprayers. It doesn’t sap too much energy and its 16-liter capacity is quite good.
- Battery operated (hence not very tiring)
- High capacity (16 liters) for heavy-duty gigs
- Reliable and sturdy
- Relatively pricey
- The external design is too basic
6. Greenfield 2 in 1 Plastic Battery 12Vx8AH, 16 L Agriculture Sprayer for Gardening (Blue)
Greenfield agriculture sprayer is another battery-operated spray pump. Rated at 12v x 8 AH, it is reasonably powerful and efficient.
- Versatile sprayer (for different types of jobs)
- Battery operated (hence little manual effort)
- Sturdy body for durability
- Slightly heavy
- Operation requires some skill
7. IBELL Li-ion Battery Powered Outdoor Plants Knapsack Sprayer 16L for Sanitization and Agricultural Use – 6 Months
IBELL Li-ion Battery Powered sprayer Comes with a good 6-month warranty. Battery operated (hence not very tiring to use).
- Quite reasonably priced
- Easy to use after a brief training
- First time assembly can be tricky
- Relatively heavy
8. NEPTUNE SIMPLIFY FARMING Knapsack Hand Operated Garden Sprayer Hariyali-08, 16L
NEPTUNE FRAMING Sprayer is a manual, high-capacity (16 liters) sprayer. Comes with a sturdy body for durability.
- Manually operated (hence doesn’t need charging)
- High capacity (at 16 liters)
- Comes with a cotton belt for user comfort
- Relatively high price
- Requires some effort to generate pressure
9. Manual Sanitizer spray machine for sanitization 16 pts
Here is an easy-to-assemble manual sprayer. Its 16-liter capacity is good enough for most needs.
- Low price (given capacity)
- Easy to assemble
- Relatively low weight
- Not very versatile (has slightly limited usage)
- Requires some effort to generate pressure
10. Fujiaka NS/16 Manual Knapsack/Backpack Agricultural Sprayer-16 Litre- (Green and Yellow)
Very sturdy sprayer, designed for agricultural use. Comes with an anti-corrosive tank.
- Designed for durability
- Easy to operate
- Easy to maintain
- Relative high price
- First time assembly requires some patience
Diligence while purchasing a good spray pump can save you a lot of money and trouble later. This guide should be of help to you while purchasing a sprayer.
Which spray pump is best?
The best spray pump is one that has a sturdy tank, adjustable nozzle, and good handle.
What is the price of the spray pump?
Spray pump prices are mostly in the 900 Indian rupees to 4,000 Indian rupee range, depending on features
For what purpose a spray pump is used?
A spray pump is used to spray pesticides, herbicides, water, fertilizers, sanitization, and so on.