A sports bra is meant for wearing while engaging in physical exercises. Thus you can wear it while going to the gym while jogging and while taking part in ball games. It can also be ideal for wearing while running or while engaging in yoga exercises. This type of bra is typically designed in such a manner that it is sturdier than a normal one. As such, when you wear it, there is minimal movement of the boobs during physical exercises. And that is important because the movement of breasts during physical exercises can lead to great discomfort. It can even lead to pain. So the sports bra helps you avoid that sort of discomfort and improve performance.
Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Nike sports bras, Sports bras for the gym, Jockey bras, Push up Bras, Ziwame Bras, Underwire Bras, Clovia Bras, Lace Bras, bra & panty sets, bikini sets, breast pads, feeding Bras, T-shirt Bra, Sexy Nightdress for Women, Short Nighty, Cotton Nighty, Night Dress for Girls, Night Suit for Women, Swimsuit for Women, Boxer Briefs, Jockey Boxers, Jockey Panties, Jockey Underwears, Honeymoon Dresses, Gym bags, Wrist Splint, Yoga Mats, Sports Lowers in India.
Top 10 Best Sports Bras in India
Features of Sports Bra
- One key feature of a sports bra is softness. An ideal sports bra is one that is reasonably soft. Otherwise wearing a sports bra that is rough can be rather uncomfortable, especially in the course of vigorous physical exercises.
- Another key feature of a sports bra is elasticity. This tells us the extent to which the bra is stretchable. An ideal sports bra has just the right level of elasticity: being neither too rigid nor too stretchy.
- Yet another key feature of a sports bra is breathability. A good sports bra is one that is reasonably breathable, which translates into greater comfort for the wearer.
- Absorbency (in terms of sweat-wicking capability) can also be a key feature in a sports bra. Like all other types of innerwear, the sports bra should be capable of wicking some of the sweat properly.
Types of Sports Bras
- There are compression sports bras. Then there are encapsulation sports bras. We also have those that are referred to as compression-encapsulation sports bras.
- Compression sports bras are usually designed to be worn by pulling over, and they often lack inbuilt cups. Conversely, the encapsulation sports bras come with in-built cups and are ideal for use during intense physical exercises. The compression-encapsulation sports bras are a cross between the two types.
- There are sports bras in which the main material is nylon. Then there are sports bras in which the main material is cotton. We also have those in which the main fabric is polyester.
- There are sports bras whose structural forms incorporate wires. Then there are wireless sports bras.
- There are padded sports bras. Then there are non-padded sports bras.
Buying Guide for Sports Bra
- Firstly, you need to be sure that the sports bra you buy is of the right size for you. So you need to know the bra size that is ideal for you. Then only buy that size (and check the size chart type in use by the vendor you are buying from).
- Only go for a sports bra that will be comfortable to wear. You may be sure that the bra will be comfortable to wear by checking its main fabric and design.
- Also, consider the sports bra price, and generally ensure you get value for money.
How To Use Sports Bra?
- You may use the sports bra while engaging in physical activity: both in and out of the gym.
- Out-of-gym activities in which you may wear the bra include walking, jogging, running, yoga, and ball games.
- Some of these bras come with zip closure. So what you need to do is lower the zipper, in order to open the bra.
- Then you wear it by pulling the straps over the respective bust sides. Finally, you close up the bra.
- There are also sports bras in which wearing simply by pulling over: with no zippers involved.
- Be sure to only wear the sports bra once, before washing it.
- Usually, the bra will have care instructions detailing the best way to clean it.
- After washing the bra, be sure to dry it in such a manner that it also gets properly aired.
List of Top 10 Best Sports Bras in India-Buyers Guide
1. Women’s Zip Front Active Yoga Sports Bras
What you get here are wireless bras with removable pads. The material is mainly nylon/polyamide, with a little spandex.
- The bras have high elasticity
- The zipper never slides down (as the bras have a self-locking function)
- Since the zipper is on the front side, the bras are easy to put on and take off
- The price for these bras may seem a bit high for some
- In these bras, the zippers may seem to have the somewhat limited sturdiness
2. Women’s Longline Medium Support Sports Bras
These are wire-free and padded bras. Suitable for use while taking part in physical exercises and as daily wear bras.
- These bras are highly breathable
- They have good sweat-wicking ability
- The bras have a stylish look
- These bras come in just a few sizes
- The cups for these bras are of removable type (which may be an issue for some)
3. Mysha Women’s/Girl’s Front Zipper Sports Bra
What you get here are bras with light padding and no wires. The material is mainly cotton elastane.
- The design of these bras makes a wider range of motion possible
- The price for these bras is quite low
- The padding in these bras can create a youthful appearance
- Some may find the fabric a bit too stretchy
- The zipper may at some point start sliding a bit
4. Jockey Womens Sports Bras With No Padding and No Wires
These are cotton and lycra fabric bras. They come with racerback styling.
- The cups in these bras are seamless
- These bras absorb moisture nicely
- The price for these bras is reasonable
- The packaging for these bras seems to be a bit basic
- Display of cleavage is very limited with these bras
5. Van Heusen Sports Bras for Women
What you get here are full-coverage bras. They are available in S, M, L, and XL sizes.
- These bras have some anti-bacterial capability
- The bras can be durable, given their fabric quality and their design
- These are highly breathable bras
- Some may find the bras a bit tight at the beginning
- The bras are only ideal for low to medium-intensity workouts
6. Longies Women’s Cotton (Compression Type) Sports Bras
Fabric in these bras is combed cotton and elastane mix. The bras are non-padded.
- The bottom band in these bras is covered with fabric (for extra comfort)
- The price for these bras is quite low
- The design of these bras does not incorporate wires
- Some may find the bra’s neck a bit deep
- They may take a bit of time to dry after washing (being 95% cotton bras)
7. Kamison INTERNATIONAL LINGERIE Sports Bras
What you get here is a pack of 3 bras. They are made from a fabric that is a blend of cotton and lycra.
- These are highly breathable bras
- The weight of these bras is quite low (making them ideal for wearing while exercising)
- In these bras, the straps are fully adjustable
- These are back-closure bras (which can present some slight wearing/take-off challenges)
- The colors in which these bras come are rather basic
8. Dilency Sales T-Back Cotton Padded Sports Bras
This is a relaxed fit type bra. Available for 32-36 bust size.
- The bra’s design makes it convenient to wear
- This is quite a soft bra
- The price for this bra is very reasonable
- For very heavy workouts, these bras may not offer full support
- The bra’s design may make hand washing to be initially a bit tricky
9. Fabme Sports Bras for Women
What you get here are free-size bras. Fabric is mainly a blend of nylon and spandex.
- These bras dry fast after washing
- The level of elasticity in these bras is quite good
- These can be quite durable bras (considering their nylon-spandex blend fabric and their design)
- The level of absorbency for these bras is modest
- These bras are only available in a few colors
10. Amazon Brand Symactive Full Cup Sports Bras for Women
These are polyester and spandex fabric bras. They come with pads that are removable.
- These are non-wired bras
- At the back of these bras, there is mesh detailing
- The appearance of these bras is stylish
- Putting on and taking off these bras may initially be a bit tricky, given the design
- These bras may tear if too roughly handled (since the main fabric in them is polyester)
A sports bra can help you minimize discomfort and enhance performance during physical workouts. Use the information in this guide to make better choices while shopping for sports bras.
Which sports bra is best for a workout?
One that offers good support, is soft, and has decent absorbency.
What is the difference between a sports bra and a regular bra?
The sports bra offers more support, minimizing boobs’ movement and discomfort during physical exercises.
What is the cost of a sports bra?
Sports bra prices can range from 300 to as much as 6,000 Indian rupees for a pack of 3.