A speedometer for a cycle serves the purpose of indicating the speed at which a cycle is going. Thus through it, you can tell – in objective terms – how fast your cycle is going. This can in turn help you in working out how much time you will need to cover a certain distance. It can also help you when preparing for cycling races. People who use cycling as a form of exercise will find the speedometer for cycling useful too. Worth mentioning is the fact that a speedometer for a cycle usually also incorporates an odometer. This can help you in working out how much total distance you have covered cycling. With a speedometer for cycling, you don’t have to guess how fast or slow your bike is moving. The device gives you the cycle speed, in objective terms.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Bicycle Lights, Bicycle Helmets, Bicycle locks, Bicycle Tyres, Bicycle fat tyres, Mountain Bicycles, Atlas Bicycle, Racing cycles, Hero Ranger Cycles, Hero Electric Bicycles, Electric Battery Cycles, Lady Bicycles, Btwin Bicycle, Firefox cycles, Jaguar Bikes, BMW Cycles, Hercules Cycles, Hero Cycles, Gear Cycles, Montra Cycles, Urban Terrain Cycles, Cycle Tyres, Cycle Air Pumps, Tubeless Tyres, Tubeless Tyre Puncture repair kits, Bicycle Puncture repair Kits, Tyre Inflators, Vaccum Pumps, Bike Tools, Bike Tyres, Bike Chain Cleaners, paint spray cans, Bike Chain Sprays, Bike gloves, Bike Tyres, Michelin Tyres, Ceat Tyres, MRF Tyres, MRF tubeless tyre for bikes, Jaguar Bikes, Bike seat covers, Bike covers, Bike mobile holders, bike mobile chargers, Mechanic tools, Safety Jackets, Anti-fog glasses, Cooling glasses, Helmets for Men, Ladies Helmet, Bike Headlights, Bike Horns, Royal Enfield Leg Guards, Engine Guards, Bike Chain Cleaners, paint spray cans in India.
Top 10 Best Speedometers For Cycles in India
Features of Speedometer For Cycle
- One of the most important features of a speedometer for a cycle is accuracy. This in turn depends on the quality of sensors and the underlying computing mechanism.
- Another key feature is the display. It should at least be easily readable, even while riding. Better still is a display with a backlight feature, which can be read even at night or early hours.
- Yet another important feature in a speedometer for a cycler is waterproof capability. Else one that is not waterproof would have problems if one is riding in wet conditions.
- The ability to withstand shock is important in a speedometer for the cycle. This can be key while riding on rough roads.
Types of Speedometers For Cycle
- There are backlit speedometers for cycles. Then some lack the backlight feature. This impacts display readability in the dark.
- We have speedometers for cycles that also incorporate odometers and other functions. Then we have simple speedometers for cycles, which don’t have these other functions.
- There are standalone speedometers for cycles. Then we have those that are part of combos. That is like where you find a combo of a front light with a speedometer for the cycle.
- There are fully waterproof speedometers for cycles. Then we have those that are only slightly resistant to water.
Buying Guide for Speedometer For Cycle
- The first and main key question to ask yourself is the purpose for you are buying the speedometer for the cycle. Is it simply for keeping track of speed during fun riding? Or is it for tracking speed in, say, riding races? This will help you in working out the necessary device accuracy to aim for.
- You should ideally go for a device with a battery that holds power for quite a bit of time.
- Further, you should go for a speedometer for the cycle whose display and buttons work well.
- It also makes sense to go with a speedometer for the cycle that is easy to fit.
- Also, consider the cycle speedometer price. If you have to pay a higher cycle speedometer price, ensure that there is some feature making it worthy.
How to use Speedometer For Cycle?
- The speedometer for the cycle tells you how fast or slowly your cycle is moving.
- There are sensors, through which the speedometer for the cycle detects speeds. So what you do is attach these sensors to your cycle’s tires.
- Once the sensors detect the motions on your cycle’s tires, they send them onto small computers inside the speedometer. These computers then work out the cycle’s speed – which is then displayed on the screen.
List of Top 10 Best Speedometers For Cycles in India-Buyers Guide
1. Sunding 14 Function Bicycle Computer Odometer Speedometer
Capable of showing current speed, average speed, elapsed time, and total riding distance (odometer) among other things. Displays speed in both KMs per hour and miles per hour.
- Incorporates 14 different functions
- Quite sturdy and able to withstand vibrations (and even falls) for long
- Has a long-lasting battery
- The display may be hard to read during dark hours (as it seems to lack the backlight feature)
- Fitting the unit onto the bike can be quite tricky
2. Generic Headlight Rear Light and Speedometer Bicycle Combo
What you get here are a bike light and a speedometer combo. The lights are based on LED tech while the speedometer is basic (but quite effective).
- The entire unit is quite sturdy
- The lighting component allows for flashing, which can add visibility at night
- The speedometer is quite accurate
- You have to buy the first batteries separately
- Lights brightness may appear a bit low for some
3. Risepro Wireless Bicycle Speedometer
What you get here is a rather high-tech device, with multiple functions. Includes a large 4-line display.
- This is a wireless speedometer for cycle
- It doesn’t seep water
- Displays well even in dark (as it has a backlight)
- Some may find the price a bit high
- Fitting may require some skill
4. XOSS G+ Cycling Computer Wireless Bike Speedometer
This is a rather sophisticated speedometer for the cycle, capable of even tracking heart rate. It incorporates a high-quality LCD.
- Battery life is quite long
- It has in-built GPS
- Quite easy to fit on
- Some may find it a bit costly
- Several of the features on it may seem superfluous to some users
5. Lista Front Light and Bike Speedometer
What you get here is a 3-in-1 combo: bike front light, speedometer, and odometer. It is light in weight and quite sturdy.
- The unit serves many functions (such as cycle light, speedometer and odometer)
- The unit is almost fully waterproof
- It incorporates a horn (for warning people on the road)
- The screen size is very modest
- Fitting the sensor magnets may be a bit hard
6. Strauss Bicycle Speedometer
This is a small, basic but quite effective speedometer for the cycle. Comes complete with a full installation guide.
- Price is within the reach of most people
- Does not include any superfluous features
- Does not add much weight to the bike
- It depends on wire connections (so it is not wireless)
- It May is not easy to read at night without another light source
7. FABSPORTS Rechargeable Bicycle Front/Head Light with Speedometer
What you get here is a front light and speedometer combo. Ideal for both mountain and road bikes.
- The unit doesn’t seep water (is fully waterproof)
- Capable of not only measuring but also recording speed
- The battery is of decent quality
- The display is quite basic
- It May initially require some time to learn how to operate the buttons
8. FASTPED New Smart Bike 3 in 1 Power Display Speedometer, Electric Horn and Bikelight
The unit has a horn for the bike, a speedometer and a front light for the bike. Speedometer has many modes, including ODO, DST, TM, AVS, and MXS.
- The entire unit is small and light in weight
- Easy to fit (via its rubber holder)
- The battery is quite good and keeps power for long
- The display screen is not very big
- Some may find the lighting and horn functions superfluous
9. GBEX Large LCD Digital Display Bicycle Bike Speedometer
This is a basic yet powerful bike speedometer. Tracks and also records riding speed and distance data.
- Easy to fit
- The unit is fully waterproof
- Doesn’t have any superfluous features
- Not easy to read at night (as there seems to be no backlight)
- The battery seems to be rather basic
10. MOHAK Plastic Bicycle Computer Odometer Speedometer
Incorporates a speedometer (to track current speed) and odometer (to track total riding distance). It comes with a 2-line 4-window display.
- Price is within the reach of most people
- Gives readings in both km/h and mph
- It is wireless
- Fitting and configuring may at first be a bit tricky
- The backlight may not always work very well (but the device is otherwise sound)
A speedometer makes it possible for you to tell objectively how fast or slow your cycle is going. This guide has the info you need to make the best choice of a speedometer for the cycle.
Which is the best speedometer for the cycle?
The best speedometer for a cycle is an accurate one, with a high-quality display, decent battery, and waterproof.
What is the price of a speedometer for the cycle?
Cycle speedometer prices can be as little as 350 Indian rupees (for the basic ones). And it can be as high as 6,500 rupees for the more high-tech ones.
How do wireless bicycle speedometers work?
They work through sensors, which detect the speed on the tires and then send it to the computing units wirelessly.