The speed control of a DC motor is the device that controls the speed of a DC motor. A DC is very important and is widely used in our daily lives. The DC motor turns the electrical energy into mechanical energy. This is used to perform various tasks, thus creating the need for speed control. And the device to regulate the DC motor’s speed is known as the DC motor’s speed control. One can either control the speed manually or use an automatic device to control the speed. There are three ways in which one can control the speed, flux control, armature control and voltage
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best 12-volt Motors, 775 DC Motor, AAA Battery, AA Battery, Cooler Motor, High-Pressure water pumps, Crompton water pumps, 1 HP Water Pumps, 1.5 HP Water Pump Motor, Kirloskar water pumps, Texmo Water Pumps, Submergible water pumps, Water Pipes, solar street lights in India.
Top 10 Best Speed Control of DC Motors in India
Features of DC Motor
- The speed control of DC motors comes with different voltage inputs.
- Similarly, the output also varies by different brands.
- They have different prices and shapes as well.
- Most of the controllers use the technique of Pulse-Width-Modulated PWM.
- This provides different pulses to the motor driver which controls the voltage.
- Through this power, the loss can be minimized.
- Speed control of the DC motor comes in multi-colour as well.
- This helps to identify each part of the device.
Types of DC Motors
- There are different types of speed control of DC motors.
- For example, Speed control for DC shunt motors.
- Speed Control of DC series motors.
- Speed control for parallel series motors.
- The devices use different methods to control speed.
- Some use flux control methods.
- Some armature control, some use voltage control methods.
- While there are some which use paralleling field coil method and tapped field control method.
How to use DC Motor?
- Speed control of the DC motor is very necessary.
- It is applicable in various applications for example as a light dimmer, in DC fans, to control the speed of robotic vehicles like RC boats etc.
- Connect the device with the motor.
- Make sure about the input and output terminals.
- Adjust the voltage. Connect it with a power supply.
- You can adjust the speed through the controller.
Buyer’s guide for DC Motor?
- When buying the speed controller look for the nominal voltage of the DC motor and the speed control of the DC motor simultaneously.
- A DC motor comes in various voltage ranges so it is important to select a suitable controller.
- The next thing to consider is continuous current.
- DC motors use a certain amount of current, so it is better to choose the controller which suits the specific amount of current.
- It would be just a waste to use a low current controller with a high current motor.
- Similarly, a high current motor will burn the low current controller.
- Next is what kind of control method you are going to use. Choose which suits your motor.
List of Top 10 Best Speed Control of DC Motors in India Buyers Guide
1. SEN51 PWM DC 6V 12V 24V 28V 3A Motor Speed Regulator Control Switch for DC Motors
This device helps in controlling the speed of the DC motor. The item uses the PWM (Pulse-Width-Modulated) voltage to control the speed.
- This provides a continuous current of 3A to the motor.
- It provides the maximum output of 80W
- Works very well with DC motor fans.
- Use another power supply with it as well.
- Be aware of the fake copies of the product.
2. 13KHZ PWM DC Motor Controller DC 12V-40V 10A
This motor comes with high-current protection and reverses polarity protection, which makes it very suitable for fans.
- This item is a very reliable speed controller.
- Input is DC 12V-40V
- Good for DC fans.
- People find the product quite expensive.
- Not suitable for motors with the reverse forward operation. This is only good for forwarding operations.
3. UG LAND INDIA DC 5V 6V 9V 12V 24V 5A PWM DC Motor Speed Controller
This product uses the Pulse-Width-Modulated (PWM) voltage. The product is very suitable for LED light dimmers.
- It has a fully adjustable duty cycle from 0% to 100%.
- Output is 80W.
- The speed controller can provide a continuous current of 3A to the DC motor.
- Does not convert voltage up to 12V.
- It is mostly suitable for DIY projects.
4. PWM dc 6v 12v 24v 28v 3a motor speed regulator control switch for dc motors
This speed control of the DC motor uses the technique of pulse-width-modulation. This is suitable for motors with 6V voltage. Very good for use in kids’ toy cars.
- The continuous output current is 3A.
- The maximum output power is 80W.
- Suitable with 70 AH battery
- Use a fuse inline with a positive supply.
- Does not regulate the speed.
5. Electronic Spices Mini PWM DC Motor Controller
This is a mini PWM DC motor controller. This product is very suitable for the self-recovery fuse.
- The product is long-lasting and durable.
- Use voltage of 3V to 34V with a maximum output of 30W.
- The current is 5A.
- Do not connect directly with the ac power supply.
- Be careful with connections. Connect as marked on the board.
6. Techtonics PWM DC 6V 12V 24V 28V 3A Motor Speed Control
This speed controller uses the PWM method to control the speed of the DC motor. This is a switch controller.
- Use voltage from 6V to 28V DC.
- The maximum power output is 80W.
- The duty cycle is fully adjustable from 0% to 100%
- People find it a bit more expensive than their counterparts.
- Make sure of the connection. If not connected properly it can damage the circuit.
7. INVENTO 12V – 40V 10A 400W DC Motor Speed Controller (PWM)
This is a high voltage speed control of a DC motor. This is suitable with high voltage motors. The product uses the PWM technique.
- Input supply is DC 10V to 40V.
- The maximum current is 15A.
- Output is 400W.
- Use a fuse inline with a positive supply.
- Quite expensive.
8. DC Motor Speed Controller 6V 12V 24V 3A Motor Speed Controller PWM
This device controls and adjusts the speed of the motor. This is a lightweight device.
- Comes with a reversing switch. It can control the motor with forwarding operation and also with reverse operation. And stops the motor with a switch.
- Highly reliable product.
- The range of Speed control is 0% to 100%.
- Check the switch before purchasing.
- Not many disadvantages.
9. Xsentuals PWM DC 6V 12V 24V 28V 3A Motor Speed
This speed control of the DC motor uses PWM voltage to control the speed of the DC motor. Its working input is from 6V to 28V.
- The maximum output is 80W.
- The continuous current is 3A.
- This will use a separate fuse inline.
- Connect the wires properly for maximum output.
10. Kart DC 5A Motor PWM Speed Controller 3V-35V
This is a mini-wide Voltage DC motor. This uses voltage drive technology. Comes with a self-recovery fuse.
- Use Voltage from 3V to 35V.
- Good as a LED light dimmer switch.
- Comes with a switch that can set the high current and high voltage.
- Needs to cool down after continuous work.
- May find it a bit expensive.
Speed control of a DC motor is very important as it increases the performance of the DC motor. A DC motor converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. And mechanical energy requires speed which varies for different tasks. Thus speed control is used to adjust the speed for the specific task. It saves electricity. It balances the speed in different load conditions.
Which is the best speed control of a dc motor?
Any controller with the PWM method is the best speed control of a DC motor.
What is the use of speed control of a dc motor?
Speed control of DC motors is used in robotic vehicles, in factories, in paper mills, for DIY applications, etc.
What is the cost of speed control of a dc motor?
Cost varies with different brands. Some are expensive while some are cost-effective.