Sony is a Japanese company with its presence in various countries. Its founders are Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita. They founded the company in 1946. Minato, Tokyo is its head office. They originally named the company in Japanese. It was renamed Sony over time.
However, it was set up many years later in 1994 in India. They produce several electronic products. Televisions, image sensors, cameras, video cameras, etc are few examples. They are the second-largest manufacturer of cameras in the world.
Moreover, in India, they are famous for more than a decade already. Currently, it’s one of the best brands for cameras across the globe. To be specific, they are among the top three brands for cameras in India.
List of Top 9 Best Sony DSLR Cameras in India
List of Sony DSLR Cameras
Check at Amazon
Check at Flipkart.com
|1. Alpha ILCE 5100L|
|2. Alpha ILCE 6000Y|
|3. a7 III|
|4. Alpha ILCE 6000L|
|5. Alpha ILCE 6400L|
|6. Alpha ILCE 6400M|
|7. Alpha ILCE 7M3K|
|8. Alpha A68K|
|9. Alpha ILCE 6600M|
Features of Sony DSLR Camera
- Sony DSLR cameras have a big list of features.
- Users should select the suitable one for them.
- However, it may not be easy as it may appear to be.
- Pros and cons are there even for high-end DSLR models.
- There are some key factors and features to ponder.
- Firstly, there are various sensors and screen resolutions.
- Further, there are a lot of image processors. These decide the clarity of the photos.
- In addition, the options to transfer photos are important.
- For example, some cameras have WiFi enabled. So, it would be easier to transfer photos.
- The quality of the video is also another top factor.
- Moreover, the battery should charge quickly. It should last longer too.
- The speeds of the shutter are not the same for every model.
- Similarly, the method to make the images stable can vary for each model.
Types of Sony DSLR Cameras
- Generally, Sony cameras can be classified into three types.
- Cameras with an interchangeable lens are the first type.
- The DSLR cameras fall into this type of camera.
- Then, compact cameras are the second type.
- These are easy to carry because there are light in weight.
- Thirdly, there are cameras for the cinema line.
- Further, we can widely divide Sony DSLR cameras into three types.
- Firstly, there are cameras ideal for professionals.
- Secondly, cameras for beginners are available.
- Then, comes the cameras for ones who love photos.
- The mentioned types are depending on the type of users.
- Different models are there for different types of DSLR cameras.
- Some DSLR cameras are suitable for different types of users also.
Buyers’ Guide for Sony DSLR Camera
There are few ways to choose the DSLR camera to buy.
- Firstly, it is far easy if you are buying online.
- Filter the camera models from high to low ratings.
- Then, choose the budget range you can afford.
- In addition, add filters for any more special features, depending on your priority.
- Also, take a look at the positive and negative reviews from various users.
- Finally, you will be able to select the best DSLR camera.
- The second way is for users to have a low budget.
- Initially, select a DSLR camera with the lowest price.
- It may not have all the features that are needed.
- So, go for the next model on the list which has a higher cost.
- Similarly, move on to your maximum budget.
- Thus, you would be able to choose the ideal camera for your budget.
- For beginners, DSLR cameras would not be best initially.
- However, after getting used to some other basic camera, they can then go for a DSLR model.
- Photo lovers can use any of the above two methods.
- However, if the budget is not a priority, select the camera that costs high.
- Also, ensure that all the needed features are available in the model.
- Think twice if it is worth the cost. This way is very suitable for professionals.
- Look for the DSLR Camera Lens.
How to use a Sony DSLR Camera?
- Everyone gets joyful when buying a new camera.
- Especially, for people who buy a DSLR camera, it is great happiness.
- Some may be extremely happy seeing the available features.
- On the other hand, some may feel confused with the available modes.
- This is not strange for any DSLR camera bought.
- All the DSLR cameras come with a manual for users.
- These are very helpful to know the various available options.
- Also, they contain the best practices for the specific model.
- However, it takes a lot of time to read the entire manual.
- So, you could read only the features as and when required.
- As an alternative, there are tutorials found on the internet.
- These also provide the users with the needed details.
- Be careful never to spill any liquid even by mistake on the DSLR camera.
- Take a backup of the photos and videos from the camera often. Further, an extra battery would be better.
List of Top 9 Best Sony DSLR Cameras in India-Buyers Guide
1. Alpha ILCE 5100L
Sony launched this model in 2019 itself. It has a screen resolution of 24.3 MP. BIONZ X is the engine to process images in this model.
- It is very handy and lightweight.
- The autofocus feature is fast and also accurate.
- The quality of captured images is admirable.
- Videos can be recorded for 30 minutes at the most.
- Low-light photography is unimpressive with this model.
2. Alpha ILCE 6000Y
Sony launched this model in 2020. A 24.3 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS is the sensor in it. BIONZ X is the engine to process images.
- It is very easy to use. So, it will be suitable even for beginners.
- The image quality is very good.
- It is compact. Hence, it is very handy and easy to take it wherever you go.
- The battery life is average.
- A touch screen could have been provided.
3. a7 III
Sony introduced this relatively old model in April 2018 itself. Compared to the earlier model, it has a slightly lower 24.2 MP CMOS Sensor. The image processor is the same BIONZ X, though.
- The autofocus is super fast. Moreover, eye focus is also great.
- The battery life is amazing.
- Even in low light, videos and photos have good clarity.
- A built-in flash could have been included in this model.
- The menu is not user-friendly.
4. Alpha ILCE 6000L
Sony introduced this model in June 2014 itself. Similar to the previous model, it has a 24.3 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor. Similarly, the image processor in it is also BIONZ X.
- Similar to the previous model, it is compact and easy to carry.
- The price is very reasonable for its high quality.
- The image quality is amazing.
- In-body image stabilization is missing.
- It has a viewfinder. However, the resolution is low.
5. Alpha ILCE 6400L
Sony launched this model in 2020. It has a 24.2MP EXMOR CMOS sensor. BIONZ X is the image processor in this model.
- The battery life is notable.
- 4K video quality is great. Moreover, there is no time limit for videos.
- Wireless connection options are available. Hence, it is comfortable to transfer photos and videos.
- It may not be easy to hold sometimes.
- The price is very high.
6. Alpha ILCE 6400M
Sony introduced this model in the month of May 2020. A 24.2 MP Exmor CMOS is the sensor in it. A BIONZ X engine processes the image in this model also.
- The autofocus feature is admirable.
- It has a notable build quality.
- As it has a WiFi connectivity option, it is easy to transfer photos and videos.
- The price is on the higher side.
- The method to stabilize images could have been better.
7. Alpha ILCE 7M3K
This camera also came to use in May 2020. Similar to most other models on our list, it has a 24.1MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor. Similar to th
- 4K video recording quality is awesome.
- The autofocus is accurate and instant.
- It is durable.
- The options to connect are limited.
- It is expensive.
8. Alpha A68K
This is a 2017 model. It comes with an APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor with 24.2 MP. In this model also, BIONZ X is the engine to process images.
- The autofocus feature is very fast. Moreover, it is accurate.
- It has an electronic viewfinder option that performs well.
- The image quality is remarkable.
- Wireless connection is not available.
- It is light in weight and so easy to carry.
9. Alpha ILCE 6600M
In May 2020, Sony launched this model. It comes with a slightly lower 24.1MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor. The image processor in this model is the same BIONZ X.
- It has the fastest autofocus speed.
- The image clarity is awesome. Importantly, it works well even in low light.
- There is no noise even when zooming in and out.
- The battery drains a bit fast.
- It may not be affordable for all users.
Sony DSLR cameras attract users due to their features. In addition, we can expect Sony to continue launching more DSLR cameras in the future. Depending on your needs, you can select the best one on our top 9 list.
Is Sony an Indian brand?
No, it is a Japanese brand. However, they make some televisions in India. So, they may make cameras in India in the future.
Which is the best Sony DSLR camera?
As mentioned earlier, different cameras are good for different users. So, it depends on whether you are a beginner or a professional, or an intermediate user.
Is any warranty provided for Sony cameras?
Yes, Sony cameras do have a warranty. However, the warranty period is not the same for each model.
What is the price of a Sony DSLR camera?
The lowest price of a Sony DSLR camera is 51,990 INR. On the contrary, the highest has a price of 2,32,990 INR.