Solar water heater is a great device used for heating water for cooking and various other purposes. This method is environmentally friendly and saves energy in the form of electricity. Solar water heaters are a significant investment, and especially in areas where the electricity supply is unstable solar water heaters come in handy. A large population has adopted this method to prevent energy consumption, and heating water on LPG cylinders spreads and emits many harmful gases. This method helps us to keep the environment clean.
Also, check the buyer guide for the best Instant Water Heaters, Electric Heaters, Room Heaters, Crompton Geysers, Gas Geyser, Bajaj Geysers, Havells Geyser, Jaquar Geysers, V Guard Geysers, Racold Geysers in India.
Top 10 Best Solar Water Heaters in India- Buyers Guide
Features of Solar Water Heater
- Solar heaters are perfect for areas where it rarely freezes, and the sun is available for a large part of the year.
- Various features of solar heaters have metals with high conductivity to heat the water faster and more efficiently.
- The temperature reaches about 60 to 80 degrees Celsius depending upon the material of the conductor.
- A solar water heater of about 100 liters can replace a geyser for domestic use and save much energy.
- They are easily installed on roofs or in open areas without shade.
Types of Solar Water Heaters
- There are two types of solar water heaters available in the market. They are the open and the closed-loop system.
- The closed-loop system has a heat exchanger and draws water from the borewells or areas with freezing water.
- The open-loop system has forced circulation, and the system is in contact with the surroundings.
- This system is suitable for domestic use and small systems.
- The open-loop system is categorized into the flat plate collector water heater and the evacuated tube collector water heater.
How to use Solar Water Heaters?
- Solar heaters are installed on the roofs, terraces of buildings, or in open areas with no shade, and the sunlight is steady.
- Professionals install solar heaters, and we have to regularly maintain and clean the solar batteries if they are working on them.
- It is a little expensive but saves much energy and is suitable for areas with unstable electricity and clear sun.
- Using it is not very difficult; it is readily available and eco-friendly.
Buyer’s guide for Solar Water Heater
- Since solar water heaters are a little expensive and complicated, we need to analyze and buy one carefully.
- First and foremost, you need to observe your area’s climate; if your area experiences solid winds or heavy rains for a large part of the year, they are not meant for you.
- The material of the conductor should be resistant, and the thermal conductor should be easy to clean.
- They should absorb heat efficiently, and the charged batteries should last long.
List of Top 10 Best Solar Water Heater Brands in India-Buyers Guide
1. Supreme Solar 200 LPD Solar Water Heater
Supreme Heater is a standard-sized multicolored solar water heater. It is 200 LPD and is approximately 60 kg in weight.
- It is fit for a family of 4 to 6 people
- 5-year manufacture guarantee on the tank
- The installation process is very easy and efficient
- The quality of the inner tank is not good, and the tank starts leaking after sometime
- The customer service is deplorable, and the refund procedure is unsatisfactory
2. TISUN Solar Water Heater
TISUN solar water heater has a long working life and operational fluency. It has a rugged design, but it is a little expensive compared to other water heaters.
- The raw materials are of high quality
- It has a rugged design
- It has a long working life and is resistant
- It is a little expensive, and not many people can afford this price
- Very little information is available for the product
3. Racold Alpha Pro 100 LPD Water Heater
Racold heater is a black-colored solar water heater. Its weight is 40 kg, and it is available with a 5-year warranty on the tank.
- Duranon Ss 304L tank ensures durability and resistance against corrosion
- A unique float valve eliminates long air vents to ensure safe passage, particularly in high wind velocity areas
- It is suitable for hard water applications up to 1000 Ppm, 500 chlorides, and 7.5 ph.
- It might leak after using it for 4-5 months
- The customer service is poor, and the complaint resolution services are deplorable
4. Sub Storm Water Heater Solar 200 LPD
The color of this heater is white and blue. It is suitable for hard water applications up to 1000 Ppm, 500 chlorides and 7.5 ph.
- This is light-weight solar heaters
- It uses a high energy absorption vacuum tube of over 1800 Mm in length, which ensures optimum energy absorption and high efficiency
- It is budget-friendly
- It is a small heater and is suitable for small families
- The light material could turn out to be flimsy
5. FPC 100 LPD Solar Water Heater
It is a very simple solar heater made up of stainless steel. It has a modular design and a long life.
- It has no clogging and choking
- The material of the tank is stainless steel and it does not rust
- Hot-dip galvanization with ceramic filled which makes it durable
- It is suitable for domestic uses only
- The outer appearance is very dull
6. HYKON HEXA 130 LPD Solar Water Heater
HYKON HEXA is a very sleek water heater with a mirror finish water tank. It has a maximum water head of 3.5 M.
- A Single molded inner tank which is non-corrosive
- Suitable for any quality of water. It is hard water-compatible up to 2000 Ppm
- Highly efficient three-layer (AIN/AIN-SS/CU) vacuum tubes
- It is suitable for domestic purposes only
- The material of the heater is aluminum and it gets cracked and leaks
7. Spectrum 100 LPD Solar Water Heater
This water heater has a capacity of 100 liters. It has 10 tubes, and the inner tank is 304s stainless steel.
- The material of the outer and the inner tank is stainless steel
- Compressed PUF insulated storage tank to retain heat for more than 48 hours
- No clog formation and no pipe blockage by using salt and hard water
- The capacity of the tank is tiny
- It is a little heavy
8. DELTA Solar Heater 200 LPD
This heater is a marine coated, 2.5 MM high-density GI tank. The side covers are aluminum, and the main body is GIPP powder coated.
- 2.5 MM high-density GI tank, Dura marine epoxy coated inner tank
- Machine injected dense PUF insulation, GI sheets stand with HDG part or hot-dip galvanized stand
- Water connection nipples SS material, thread fitted
- It is cumbersome, which might make installation difficult
- The material of the side cover is aluminum
9. Sanchalan Solar Water Heater 300 LPD
This water heater has a capacity of 300 liters and is suitable for large families, hospitals, restaurants. They also have an auto water feed function.
- The water heater has a digital display
- It has an auto water feed feature
- It has a programmable backup
- It is costly and is not suitable for domestic use
- It has a simple design
10. SunShot Solar Water Heater
This heater is a 200 LPD water heater. It has a 7-year warranty, and the company provides installation services. It is red in color.
- It has a pre-coated outer cover for impressive looks
- Three targets (SS/CU/AL-N) borosilicate 3.3 glass tube for the best heating
- It heats comparatively more water because it has large tubs
- The red color does not suit the style and makes it look cheap
- It does not have a stainless-steel tank
In conclusion, solar water heaters are expensive and unsuitable for all regions. They save much energy and are eco-friendly. Along with that, they heat water very efficiently and are available in various capacities for different uses.
Is a solar heater worth it?
Solar water heaters are a good choice as they save much energy and are environmentally friendly. They are perfect for areas with bright sunlight for the majority of the year.
Which type of solar water heater is the best?
There are two types of water heaters: open and closed-loop systems. Both are suitable for different places and setups. The secure system is more opt for when the water is drawn from cold and freezing areas and vice versa for an open-loop system.
What are the disadvantages of solar water heaters?
Solar water heaters are not suitable for all demographical areas and houses. The regions receive the optimum amount of sunlight for a large amount of the year and where the climate is not windy or rainy. The solar batteries to charge the heaters are also expensive and are high maintenance.