A solar mobile charger helps in converting sunlight into electric energy. The electric energy thus obtained can be used to charge electrical and electronic devices. The devices in question range from electric lights to mobile phones, radios, computing devices, and so on. With a solar mobile charger, you can have something to rely on when there are mains electricity supply interruptions. Even with no electric interruptions, you can still use the power from the charger to operate some of your devices. Most people use Power Banks as an alternate power source when there is the scope for less power backup.
This way, you end up paying lower electricity bills. The chargers can also be highly useful if you are going camping or if you live at an off-grid location. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Solar Inverters, Solar Street Lights, and Inverters in India.
Top 10 Best Solar Mobile Chargers in India
Features of Solar Mobile Charger
- The features that matter the most in a solar mobile charge are its wattage, amperage, and voltage.
- Wattage (given in terms of watts) tells us how much power the charger can provide to a device.
- The amperage (given in amps) tells us how much current the charger can provide to a device.
- The voltage (given in volts) tells us about the charger’s potential difference.
- By extension, it tells us about the types of devices it can charge.
- Of course, the charger’s panel size, sturdiness, cable length, and sensitivity are also important features.
Types of Solar Mobile Charger
- There are solar mobile chargers that come with batteries inside them. So they store the energy they tap from the sun.
- They subsequently supply it to the devices that need it as the need arises. Then we have solar mobile chargers that don’t have batteries.
- So they supply energy to devices directly (as they tap it from the sun), and lack storage capacity.
- Being without batteries does, however, free these chargers from battery-related troubles.
- There are solar mobile chargers whose panels have frosted surfaces.
- These make them less prone to scratches. Then we have others whose surfaces are non-frosted.
- We have solar mobile chargers that come with USB interfaces.
- Then we have others in which connectivity is by other means (besides USB).
How to use a Solar Mobile Charger?
- You first of all need to identify an ideal location where to place the solar mobile charger’s panel.
- This should be a place where the light coming from the sun would be hitting the panel directly, without obstructions.
- It should also be a place where the panel is unlikely to be struck or scratched.
- Thereafter, you need to place the panel at the identified location.
- The next step is to secure the panel, to ensure that it doesn’t fall and break.
- After that, you need to connect the panel to the charger.
- You then need to set up a mechanism for connecting the charger to devices that require charging.
- Test it to ensure that it is working properly. Then start using it on a day-to-day basis.
Buying guide for Solar Mobile Charger
- There is one very important question to ask yourself, before buying a solar mobile charger.
- That is as to what you intend to be using it to charge.
- Ensure that the charger you buy is one that has adequate capacity for the need you have in mind.
- Consider the length of the cable that the charger comes with. Also, consider the charger’s connectivity/interface.
- Also, check the charger’s price. Ensure that it is fair, given the charger’s features and utility.
List of Top 10 Best Solar Mobile Chargers in India-Buyers Guide
1. Agni Solar Systems Pvt. Ltd. Solar Lantern
What you get here is a lantern as well as its solar charging system. The charging system can also provide power to a mobile phone (or similar device).
- Easy to set up
- The lantern is remarkably bright
- The system can be quite durable with proper care
- It May require as much as 8 hours to charge fully
- Battery capacity is only 2600 mAh
2. Sun King Pro 400 Emergency Solar Light with USB Mobile Charging
The charging port is rated at 5 volts. The lamp is of LED type, with (max) 400 lumens rating.
- Can charge devices even at night (using energy stored in the battery)
- Charges reasonably fast
- The lamps offer very clear light
- Some may find the cable length to be modest
- The entire system is quite costly
3. Lixada 7.8W Solar Panel Charger
Lixada charger is a portal solar mobile charging system. The interface is via USB.
- Doesn’t have a built-in battery (hence no battery-related complications)
- Has high efficiency
- Provides multiple fixing options
- Quite expensive
- Can only charge when there is sunlight (as it doesn’t have a battery)
4. Pick Ur Needs Plastic Solar Light with Power Bank
Comes with USB ports for charging devices like phones. The light has 2 brightness modes.
- Price is within reach of most people
- It is fully portable
- Easy to operate
- The charging system provides only modest power
- May often require supplemental charging with DC adapter
5. IFITech 6W Portable Solar Charger Panel
This is a shockproof solar charger. The voltage rating is 5v.
- It is very lightweight
- Has anti-shock protection
- Comes with a 1-year service warranty
- Only gives modest power
- May be unable to charge very many devices simultaneously
6. Sun Power Solar Mobile Charger
Has a compact design. The weight is rather low, yet it is a reasonably powerful charger.
- Comes with overcharge protection
- It is water-resistant
- Compatible with any USB device
- It May take a bit of time to charge devices
- The panel requires very careful handling
7. D.LIGHT S500R Solar rechargeable LED Light (with mobile charger)
Comes with mobile charging adapters. The solar panel wattage rating is 2.8 w.
- The panel is rugged and has high efficiency
- The light is bright
- The charging system works reasonably fast
- Some may find the cable length to be short
- The system can only charge low power devices
8. Generic ANUM Light (5 in 1) Solar Mobile Charger
Offers fast mobile charging capability. The light has 4 brightness settings.
- The charger has decent efficiency
- The panel is small and portable
- Quite easy to use
- It May does not work well in diffused light conditions
- The panel requires careful handling
9. MELODY”S HOBBY CENTRE Solar Mobile Charger
This is a multi-utility charger. The wattage rating is 9w.
- Can charge a wide range of devices
- The system has reasonable efficiency
- The cable length is good
- Installation requires some expertise
- It May take some time to fully charge a device
10. ERH India High Power Solar Panel (and Mobile Charger Kit)
Comes with 2 USB lights. Includes 5 output pins.
- Price is within almost anyone’s reach.
- Easy to use.
- Includes 2 USB lights.
- Only works well in bright sunlight conditions
- It May take some time to start delivering noticeable charge
A good quality solar charger can help you lower electricity bills and have a backup in case of grid interruptions. While shopping for a good quality solar mobile charger, the information in this guide can be helpful.
Can solar chargers work indoors?
If it has a battery (and some energy was stored in the battery) that would be a possibility.
How long does a solar charger take to charge?
It can range from minutes to as much as 7-8 hours.
What is the price of the solar charger?
Solar charger prices range from 200 to 3,000 (and even more) depending on qualities.