A sofa chair is a cushioned chair for seating two or more people. A sofa chair has upholstered armrests and back. Some sofa chairs are fitted with springs. Most seats have custom cushions and pillows. Sofa chairs are not only used for seating but also for sleeping. These chairs are useful in offices, living rooms, waiting rooms, bedrooms, or family rooms. Couches vary in size, color, design, and quality.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the Best Sofa sets, Recliner Sofas, Sofa Cushion, Cushion Covers, Pillows, Air Pillows, Air Mattresses, Mattress Protectors, Mattress Toppers, Sofa Cover sets, L shaped sofas, 5 seater sofa sets, 3 seater sofa sets, Teak wood sofa sets, sofa cum beds, Evok Furnitures, Sliding wardrobe, Teapoy, Ekbote Furniture, console table, 4 seater dining tables, wooden beds, Plastic chairs, Bar stools, center tables, chest of drawers, wooden beds, plastic stools, wing chairs, rocking chairs, Dining Chairs, wooden chairs, wooden stool, diwan set covers, Folding chair, coffee tables, Recliner Sofas, Quality waterproof Plywood & L-Shaped Sofa brands in India.
Top 10 Best Sofa Chairs in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Sofa Chair
- Size of the sofa- sizes of sofa vary from a single-seater to a three-seater and at times the three-seaters and a two-seater are combined to form an L-shaped sofa. They also come in king and medium sizes.
- Quality of the fabric- there are a lot of couch fabrics a buyer can choose from such as leather and velvet. Some fabrics are also water-resistant.
- Quality of the wood- the most durable wood is hardwood, and some carpenters may use softwood. The buyer’s choice is all that matters.
- Sofa depth- the sofa should make the buyer feel comfortable. To know how comfortable a seat is, try it out.
Types of Sofa Chair
- Single sofa chairs can only accommodate one person.
- They are often in any corner of a bedroom and living room.
- Lounge sofa chairs are for the bedroom lounge or the living room. Living rooms often have two lounge chairs and one main sofa to complete the sofa set.
- The bedroom sofa is specifically for the bedroom although some people use them in living rooms. A bedroom sofa is elongated and has a single cushion that can fit two people or more.
Where to use Sofa Chair?
- You cannot place a sofa randomly in a room.
- Arrange the seats to fit the theme and style of the house as well as functionality.
- Ideal locations to place your sofa are; in front of a window (ensure the back is not going to block the light), across from a window especially if your window is huge, across from another sofa, or in the middle of the room if your sofa is backless and your room is spacious.
Buyers Guide for SofaChair
- The first logical thing to do before purchasing a seat is to try it out. Seat on it to see if you are comfortable.
- The next crucial thing to check is the quality of the frame. Enquire about the material of the frame and try it out by pressing on the wood. A chair is a long-time investment that should serve you for a long time.
- Check the quality of the material used for the cushions, pillows, and the entire chair. Then check the content in the cushions and pillows. A good filler for the cushions and pillows is a mixture of feathers and fibre.
List of Top 10 Best Sofa Chairs in India-Buyers Guide
1. Indigo Interiors Solid Sheesham Wood Sofa
The Indigo sofa is a cube one-seater with wooden armrests. It has a multipurpose feature.
- It is strong and durable. It is of thick Sheesham wood.
- The fabric for the cushions is polyester. It is easy to clean.
- It is lightweight. You can easily lift it to other rooms during rearrangements.
- Requires high-level maintenance to protect the wood.
- The sofa may be uncomfortable when reading or breastfeeding because of the wooden armrests.
2. Chumbak Begum Wing chair
It is a unisex single-seater for the living room. It is suitable for reading.
- It is comfortable. The fabric used is cotton with a soft touch.
- It has a 6-month warranty for any manufacturing defects.
- It is of Sheesham wood which guarantees durability.
- The padding on the armrest is thin which may be uncomfortable.
- Assembling the chair may be difficult for some buyers.
3. Timberly Upholstered Printed Single Seater
Use it in the bedroom, living room, balcony, or lounge area. It has no armrest.
- It doesn’t need assembling. Delivery is in one piece.
- The chair is steady and perfect for resting. It has a thick foam cushion at the back and the sitting part.
- It is perfect for small rooms and corners.
- It is uncomfortable, especially for reading due to the absence of an armrest.
- This has no value for money. It does not meet its expectations.
4. Woodnesia Wingback Chair
It is for a living room. It is made from wood.
- It adds beauty to the living room. It has a beautiful wing-like back and armrests.
- This has multiple uses. It can be a reading chair, a fireplace chair, an office chair for guests, or a couch.
- It provides comfort. Its backrest and armrest guarantee that.
- There is no warrant for any manufacturing defects.
- The quality of fabric is of poor quality.
5. Demiwall Wooden Arms Sofa Chair
It is a single-seater made of Sheesham wood. It is an outdoor sofa chair but can be in a living room, a bedroom, and a study room.
- It is of Sheesham wood. It will last for a long time.
- If there are any defects, the sofa chair is replaced within ten days of delivery.
- It is inexpensive and saves you money.
- It is uncomfortable. The foam used in the cushion is not high density and collapses after short use.
- The materials used have poor quality.
6. Furnizy Sheesham Wood Multipurpose Curved Low Sofa chair
It is perfect for the living room, bedroom, and the outdoors. The sofa chair is a single-seater with no arms.
- The sofa chair is pre-assembled, so it is easier to place in the required room.
- It gives a luxurious look to a room.
- This chair is inexpensive and saves you money. It also gives value to your money.
- It is a low sofa uncomfortable for people with long legs.
- The manufacturers do not offer a warranty on any defects.
7. Single Seater Sofa for Living Room
The chair only holds one person. It has multiple uses.
- Use the chair in different rooms.
- It comes with leg rest for adults and is a medium size.
- It offers a replacement within ten days of delivery.
- The fabric is cheap and has poor quality.
- The design is not ergonomic.
8. Amazon Brand- Stone & Beam Waynes Lounge Chair
The frame is of solid Meranti wood. It is a single-seater with curbed upholstered arms.
- The sofa chair is durable. It supports 95 kilograms on seats and 40 on the backrest.
- The assembly of the chair’s legs is upon delivery. Assembly comes later to protect the legs from breaking during transport.
- It is convenient in terms of ground clearance. This feature ensures easy retrieval of items below the chair.
- The fabric, if not taken care of correctly, may rupture.
- The chair is heavy for one person to move.
9. Home Centre Seaford Sofa with Ottoman
A one-seater with an ottoman. The frame is made using pine wood with a smooth finish.
- The fabric used is polyester which has high tensile strength and is durable.
- The chair comes with an ottoman and a three-year warranty.
- The furniture is built with high-quality materials like; nylon, high-density foam, and polyester.
- The chair comes in parts and needs assembling.
- The fabric is prone to damage if exposed to any sharp objects.
10. T&T- The Furniture Co. Amazon Perfect Fully Cushioned Wooden Lounge Sofa Chair
It is a single-seater with a designer arm. It is a king-size sofa.
- It has a velvet fabric that has a soft touch and has high quality.
- The cushions have high-density foam that makes the seat durable.
- The seat has a 5-year warranty from the day of purchase and installation against manufacturing defects.
- The fabric can be damaged if exposed to sharp objects like knives.
- Cleaning the fabric may be difficult if you do not have the necessary tools.
There are different types of sofa chairs. You purchase a sofa that meets your preference. Its price should b pocket-friendly, aesthetically pleasing, and has functionality aspects. It is essential to try out a chair before purchase to confirm its sturdiness and comfortability. I hope this guide helps you when going sofa chair shopping.
What is a sofa chair called?
A settee or a couch
What is the best sofa chair?
The best sofa chair is that one that meets the demands of the buyer in terms of quality, size, price, and functionality.
How much does a single-seater sofa cost?
The price ranges from 10,000 to 15,000 Indian Rupee.