A socket wrench is a type of wrench or spanner. It has a closed socket with an adaptor that attaches to other sockets of different types and sizes. This enables it to effectively tighten bolts and nuts. It is a very fast option as opposed to a normal wrench as the speed it uses in tightening or loosening is unmatched. It comes in a toolkit with wrenches and many sockets.
Also check the Impact Wrenches, Torque Wrenches, Wrench spanners, Pipe Wrenches, Hand Tools Kit, Most useful hand tools, Screwdriver sets, Ball peen hammers, DeWalt power tools, Makita Power Tools, Drill Machines, Angle Grinders, Welding Machines, Line Laser Levels, Laser Distance Measurer, Brush Cutter Machines, chain saw machines, oscillating saw machines, circular saw machines, chop saw machines, jigsaw machines, miter saws, band saws, scroll saw, coping saw, sanding machines, reciprocating saws, Table saw Machines, Pruning Saws, hacksaws & Pole saws.
Top 10 Best Socket Wrenches in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Socket Wrench
- The socket wrench comes in a closed format with a point that can attach other sockets to it.
- These sockets come in various sizes for different types of bolts and nuts.
- The socket wrench sometimes has a ratchet handle which allows for use in small spaces.
- Also, the socket wrench has amazing speeds as the adjustable handle allows for continuous turning of the nut/bolt without removing and refitting per rotation.
Types of Socket Wrenches
- There are primarily five different types of socket wrenches.
- Ratcheting sockets with a mechanism in the handles that allow for faster turns.
- Flat head socket wrenches whose attachments allow the heads to swivel during use.
- T-handle socket wrenches allow for stronger grip and turning by holding the horizontal piece.
- Nut drivers are basically screwdrivers with socket heads.
- And gearless ratchets use ball bearings to tighten and loosen without gear use.
How to use Socket Wrench?
- First, find the size of sockets needed for the assigned task and attach them to the wrench itself.
- Place the socketed wrench on the nut/bolt and turn.
- To tighten a bolt/nut, turn clockwise.
- To loosen a bolt, turn the wrench counterclockwise.
- If you notice that the socket is not turning in the direction you intend, turn the lever on the back of the wrench to lock in the opposite direction.
Buyers guide for Socket Wrenches
- Size is by far the most important feature to look out for when purchasing a socket wrench.
- This determines the tool used and how effective it will be at the task at hand.
- The kind of handle used; be it normal or ratchet also matters as it determines the flexibility in cramped quarters.
- Also added features like a 360-degree rotational head and a 45-degree angle capability are valuable for the task.
List of Top 10 Best Socket Wrenches in India-Buyers Guide
1. Aiwa TM Plastic Socket Wrench Set (Grey, 10-Pieces)
A socket wrench set with a grey wrench and 10 different sockets. It has a spark plug ratchet socket handle, and a set of multi-sized wrenches with sizes ranging from 10mm to 24mm. with a durable and portable casing for easy storage, use and transfer.
- The products are very durable, sturdy, and easy to handle
- used for heavy-duty work
- Good value for your money
- The plastic storage container isn’t very strong for the sturdy metals it holds
- Some of the products have low-quality metal build.
2. Nifogo Tiger wrench 48 in 1 Swivel Head Multi-Tool
Known as the tiger wrench, it is a double-headed socket wrench. It has a 360-degree head rotation capability. It also has other features like adjustable multi-rotary swivel head turnbuckles, and the ability to work at a 45-degree angle.
- It works without adding multiple socket wrenches, just adjust the head size to fit
- Wonderful strong and practical design for various uses
- used for multiple nuts and bolts
- You will still require specific wrenches for certain nuts and bolts
- It is only useful in emergencies or when proper tools are unavailable
3. Taparia S1/4H 1/4-Inch Square Drive Socket Set
This is a 16-square drive socket set. It comes with 12-point sockets, an adjustable socket mouth, and a ratchet handle. made of solid quality stainless steel and chrome finishing.
- Excellent quality, durability, and finish
- Very handy for many uses
- Good value for money
- Socket heads as they are unnumbered
- The size of the wrench is small and can’t work for large bolts and nuts.
4. U UZAN Aiwa Combination Socket Hex Wrench Tool Screwdriver Set with Box -40 Pcs
A tool kit for the House of Tools features a 40-piece toolset and reversible high-grade sockets. Made of heavy-duty carbon steel with a reversible ratchet handle, metric and SAE sockets, adapter, extension bar, and so on.
- Multiple sockets for multiple uses
- The ratchet handle is good with applied force
- Good value for the product
- Bad quality all-round that’s not durable for prolonged use
- The storage box is very weak
5. CABLE GALLERY 48 in 1 Socket Wrench
This is a Heavy-duty 48-in-1 socket wrench. It has 360-degree quick rotating heads. It has multipurpose use with spline bolts, 5-12-point bolts, 8 sleeves, 45-degree angle workability, and a swivel head effect.
- Good solid quality product
- Durable and heavy
- Very convenient to use for multiple purposes
- A bit costly for the product
- Branding does not reflect the actual brand
6. Device 40 in 1 Pcs Hex Wrench Tool Screwdriver and Socket Kit Set
A Solid socket wrench toolkit made with stainless carbon steel. This is a multipurpose toolset, inclusive of sockets, hand tools (wrench and screwdriver), and sleeves. Very handy in repairs, maintenance, or engine building.
- Compact and portable for multipurpose use
- Comfortable to handle and easy to use
- Wide range of sizes in one box
- Tools are delicate and are of low quality
- Not good value for money
7. HK MART QOZWEID 48 in 1 Socket Wrench
This is a multifunctional wrench that combines 48 tools into one unique working tool. It is compatible with square damaged bolts, spline bolts, Torx, and standard or metric bolts of any size. With a comfortable rubber grip, 45-degree angle for difficult-to-reach places, and 360-degree rotation capabilities
- It has a quality build
- It gets too hard to reach places which makes work faster and easier
- Multifunctional use in various fields and tasks
- Not very durable
- Does not fit most sizes of nuts and bolts
8. Device Precision Sleeve Wrench Socket Spanner Set
Made of stainless steel, a heavy gauge rod, and a spark plug ratchet handle. This toolkit of 10 pieces is used for a multitude of tasks like vehicle maintenance and other machinery. Also used in the comfort of the home or office.
- Good sturdy and heavy quality toolset
- Easy to use at home for casual use or hobby use
- Good value for your money
- Delicate storage box
- Not useful for professional use or mechanics
9. Boosty® 40 pcs Tool Kit Set Wrench Hand Tool Socket Set
Made of carbon steel, with reversible ratchet handle, SAE socket, adaptor, spark plug socket, spinner handle, metric socket, 40-piece socket wrench set. Suitable for bicycle, motorcycle, and car maintenance work
- Comfortable to handle
- Versatile in use
- A large number of items in a single toolkit
- Low-quality product built with lightweight and small sizes
- Bad value for money
10. YUV’S Aiwa 10 TM Plastic Socket Wrench Set
This is a plastic socket wrench toolset with 10 pieces of tools. Made with a Spark plug ratchet handle for easy use. The set contains a 1-piece wrench, and sockets of sizes 11mm to 24mm. an excellent toolset for repair and maintenance work.
- A very strong product and very easy to use
- Very good for use on motorcycles
- A very versatile tool for multiple purposes and uses
- Gets damaged in a short period
- Not good value for the price
A socket wrench is an amazing tool for working on vehicles or machinery. The portability of a single universal tool or a toolset is paramount as many are used as emergency toolkits or even by professionals on mobile repair jobs. As such the ability to not just have a good toolkit but also one that specifically fits the intended use is paramount to any user, be they amateur or professional.
What is a socket wrench called?
A socket wrench is also known as a ratchet wrench or a socket ratcheting wrench. This is because of the ratchet handle that attaches to different-sized sockets and allows for more versatile use of the tool in various tasks.
What is a socket wrench used for?
A socket wrench or ratchet wrench is used for tightening or loosening bolts and nuts. Some socket wrenches come with extra attributes, like the 360 rotational head or swivel head attribute that allows more dexterity in its use. Or even the 45-degree angle attribute that allows it to be used in tight, hard-to-reach corners or angles.
which is the best socket wrench?
The best socket wrench is dictated by an array of factors. From the durability of the toolset, the usefulness or compatibility of the sockets in it, the versatility of the socket wrench, the ability to cater to amateurs or professionals as needs are, and of course, its price. A perfect balance of these attributes will bring about the perfect socket wrench