A smart switchboard is a device that contains a number of smart switches. Thus rather than getting several stand-alone smart switches, you have a single smart switchboard with several of them together. The smart switchboard may interface with the devices it controls via mobile apps, IR remote, or simple physical touch. Apps with which the switchboard may be used are the likes of Alexa, Google Home, and Apple Siri.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Extension boards, Smart Plugs, Spike guards, Timer Switch, Calling Bells, Video doorbells for Home, CP plus DVRs, Dome Camera, Bullet Cameras, IP Cameras, Hikvision DVRs, Hikvision CCTV Cameras, CCTV Cameras, IP Cameras, chandelier lights, decorative lights & wall lamps online.
Top 10 Best Smart Switch Boards in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Smart Switch Board
- For a smart switchboard, the usable WiFi frequency is a very important feature. So this could be something like 2.4 GHz wifi or 5G Wifi. It tells you whether the board is compatible with the type of WiFi available to you.
- Further, in a smart switchboard, the number of controls is a key feature. The relevance of these is obvious: it tells you how many devices you can control via the switch.
- Yet another consequential feature of a smart switchboard is app compatibility. Commonly used apps here include the likes of Alexa, Google Home, and Siri. So the consideration becomes which of these apps the switchboard is compatible with.
Types of Smart SwitchBoards
- There are Alexa app-compatible smart switchboards. Then there are Google Home app-compatible smart switchboards.
- Also available are Apple Siri-compatible smart switchboards.
- Further, there are smart switchboards that are simultaneously compatible with several of these apps. Thus you may find one with both Alexa and Google Home compatibility.
- There are smart switchboards that only work with a WiFi frequency of 2.4 GHz. Then we have others that also work with 5G Wifi, besides 2.4 GHz frequency wifi.
Buying Guide for Smart Switch Board
- Firstly, the smart switchboard you buy should have adequate capacity to handle its intended tasks.
- Secondly, the smart switchboard you buy should be easy to install, use and maintain. In this regard, you mainly focus on how the switchboard is designed. That will tell you about its installation ease, usage ease, and maintenance ease.
- Thirdly, the smart switchboard price you pay should be one that makes sense. It should be roughly at par with the average smart switchboard price for comparable ones. And it should be justifiable by the utility that the switchboard offers.
How To Use Smart Switch Board?
- Firstly, you need to identify the most ideal mounting space for the smart switchboard. Then you need to mount the switchboard there, taking care to fix it firmly in place.
- This usually calls for the use of materials like screws. The next step is to connect the switchboard to power. Then you connect and synchronize it with the devices you want it to be controlling.
- After mounting, connecting, and synchronizing the smart switchboard, you need to test the setup. If everything works as it should, you may start using the smart switchboard in a regular way.
List of Top 10 Best Smart Switch Boards in India-Buyers Guide
1. Smarteefi WiFi Smart Switch Board for Google Home and Alexa Compatibility
This is a modular switchboard. It comes with 3 switch controls as well as provision for 1 fan and 1 smart plug.
- This switchboard works with both of the most popular interfacing apps: Alexa and Google Home
- It comes with a very handy manual override switch
- The board comes with a facility for both daily and weekly scheduling
- Some functions in this switchboard will only work if you have a good Internet connection
- The board’s notification facility can initially appear bothersome
2. TEQOOZ 6 Modular Smart SwitchBoard
Has provision for 4 ordinary switches and 1 special fan socket. Allows for use anywhere globally, via the Smart Life app.
- This switchboard can be controlled hands-free (through voice)
- The switchboard has a smart scene feature (for grouping devices to control at once)
- This switchboard has multiuser functionality
- Installing this switchboard can be quite a time-consuming task
- Some may find that the glass finish makes this switchboard look a bit delicate
3. Ecomax Smart Electrical Switchboard (Remote Controlled)
Comes complete with a USB port. Also includes 4 ordinary switches and 1 fan control switch.
- This switchboard mounts onto the wall easily
- The switching mechanism for it is spark proof
- Allows for proper control as much as 20 feet away
- It has to be fixed somewhere deep inside the wall
- This switchboard seems to offer only the basic functions
4. IOTICS Smart WiFi Touch Switch for Smart Home Automation
What you find in this board are 4 ordinary switches for lights and one special plug switch. Works with both Google Home and Google Assistant, besides Alexa.
- This switchboard’s electrical safety and reliability are good
- The switchboard can also be locally controlled via an IR remote
- You can use this switchboard even if you have no Internet hub
- Installing this switchboard can be a somewhat time-consuming task
- The price for this switchboard may be a bit high, notwithstanding its features
5. L&G 12 Module Smart Switch Board Alexa and Google Home Compatible
In this switchboard, you find some 10 ordinary switches, a couple of smart plugs, and one fan regulator. Its current flow rating stands at 10 amps.
- You can use some functions of this switchboard even without WiFi (as it is also Bluetooth enabled)
- The switchboard includes a panel made from tempered glass, for better durability
- It requires no rewiring in the course of its installation
- This may appear to be an expensive switchboard for some
- Its Roma-fit and retro-fit component switches may initially be a bit confusing
6. KRAW White WiFi Smart SwitchBoard
What you get here is a small but effective switchboard, with 3 ordinary switches and 1 smart plug. You can operate it through manual touch, the Google Home app, or another Android app.
- Allows you to easily add family members (who can then independently control devices via their authenticated smartphones)
- This is one of the most affordable smart switchboards
- The switchboard is also Bluetooth enabled
- Some may find the number of switches it comes with (3) too modest
- For use with smart-phone, this switchboard requires WiFi of 2.4 GHz frequency
7. 8 Module Smart Switchboard
This smart switchboard has a 10 amp current rating. It is designed for easier installation, with retrofit components.
- Works via mobile app, handheld IR remote, and by touch
- Does not mandatorily require a hub to work
- Takes a short period of time to complete all aspects of its installation
- This switchboard may require a somewhat big budget to purchase
- Some may find the 8 modules in this switchboard superfluous
8. Touch Switch Board (Including High Amp Switch)
In this smart switchboard, you find a total of 6 ordinary switches and 1 fan switch. It can be fully remotely operated.
- This is a switchboard that can be very durable if well used
- The number of switches it offers (6 ordinary and 1 fan switch) is enough for most people’s demand
- Once mounted on a wall, this switchboard looks elegant
- The complete setup of this switch may require some skills
- Devices that are controlled through the switches in this board have to be reasonably close
9. JK Smart Homes WiFi Smart Switch Board
This is an advanced IoT switchboard. Allows you to control 4 standard appliances and 1 AC.
- This board comes with a touch screen for direct physical control
- Compatible with the JK Smart Homes app, for control from anywhere globally
- The price for this switchboard is quite pocket-friendly
- Some parts of this smart switchboard’s user manual may take a bit of time to fully understand
- May not be compatible with several other commonly used apps for remote control (besides the JK Smart Homes app)
10. KwikSwitch 18 Module Wi-Fi Smart Switchboard
Includes 8 ordinary switches, as well as 2 fan switches and 1 smart curtain switch. Capable of being controlled from pretty much anywhere, via mobile app.
- Can be installed in as little as 30 to 45 minutes
- Suitable for use both at home and in businesses like hotels
- Facilitates very easy addition of ‘family’ members
- To use it via mobile, you must have the KwikSwitch app
- The scheduler features may initially be hard to understand
A smart switchboard can help you in controlling various electrical and electronic devices more effectively and conveniently. This guide can help you while shopping for a proper and reliable smart switchboard.
What is a smart switchboard?
It is a board on which there is a number of smart switches.
Which smart switchboard is best in India?
One that is modular in design, easy to install, easy to use, and durably designed.
How does a smart switchboard work?
It works by controlling the flow of current to the electrical devices connected to it.