A smart plug is a modern-day socket. It can change non-automatic appliances into an automatic ones. It is a plug that can be used for electrical appliances. A smart plug connects to Wi-Fi and you can control your electrical appliances through it. One can say that it works as a remote control. You can power on and off your appliances using a smart plug through your phone or tab. One can monitor electricity consumption through a smart plug. They can be controlled with an app or one can use google assistant or a virtual assistant. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Extension Boards and Surge protectors or spike guards in India.
Top 10 Best Smart Plugs in India
Features of Smart Plug
- A smart plug has a built-in Bluetooth that enables it to connect through Wi-Fi.
- It comes in beautifully slim and smart designs so that they can easily fit in the socket and do not look like something that is out of place.
- Some smart plugs have features that enable them to measure electricity consumption.
- Smart plug uses mobile apps for connectivity. They are compatible with virtual assistants like Alexa.
Types of Smart Plugs
- There are many types of smart plugs.
- They come in different shapes and sizes.
- Some have more than one socket.
- Some smart plugs have a monitoring feature that monitors the power consumption.
- Smart plugs have different categories.
- Some are suitable for heavy appliances for example AC and geysers etc., while some are suitable for low-power appliances like laptops and mobile chargers etc.
Buyer’s Guide for Smart Plug
- The first thing is which kind of appliance you are going to buy smart plugs.
- There are different smart plugs for heavy and low-power electric goods.
- See if the plug is heat resistant for heavier appliances.
- One thing to look for is connectivity, not every plug has a good connection.
- You have to buy very carefully.
- Usually, smart plugs use a virtual assistant like Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, see which one of these is available to you.
How to use Smart Plug?
- A smart plug has many uses.
- First, put the smart plugs in the outlet.
- Connect it with Wi-Fi, download the compatible app on your phone and make the connection with the plug.
- For voice control use it via google assistant or Alexa.
- You can use the smart plugs to light up and turn off the bulbs when you are not at home or at night before coming back from your office.
- You can easily turn on and off your electrical appliances from anywhere.
- It can help monitor electric consumption. You can set a timer.
List of Top 10 Best Smart Plugs in India Buyers Guide
1. 16A Wi-Fi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring
This elegant-looking smart plug makes your electrical appliances smart. Enables you to control them from anywhere. Use the app to control the plug.
- It monitors the electricity consumption.
- This plug is suitable for heavy electrical appliances such as geysers and air conditioning.
- This is very easy to install.
- It does not have an emergency backup system, meaning the power cut affects the settings and there is nothing to prevent it.
- Do not work with the local network, work with proper Internet.
2. 10A Wi-Fi Smart Plug, for Low Power Appliances
This device turns the non-smart appliances into smart ones. Connect it with Wi-Fi and use it via the app, or virtual assistants, making your life easier and digital. This device is for low-power electric appliances such as laptops, mobile chargers etc.
- This product fits in the normal socket perfectly.
- Connects with a Wi-Fi router, no need for a hub.
- The body of the plug is fireproof.
- Does not have the feature to measure the power consumption.
- The product is useful, but it takes time to connect with the Wi-Fi. Has poor connectivity.
3. Oakter Wi-Fi Smart Plug 10A
This product automatizes your devices. It is good for low-power machines, for example, coffee makers, laptops, coolers, speakers etc.
- Uses voice control
- Can set up a schedule to turn on and off the devices.
- Made up of fire resistance plastic.
- Does not have a power monitoring feature.
- There is no physical button on it.
4. ZEB-SP110, Smart Wi-Fi Plug
This plug enables you to access and control your devices from any place. This product is suitable for TV, fridge, washing machine, geyser etc.
- Let you set up a timer, and scheduled power on/off.
- Very easy to install, it is easy to set it up with google assistant or Alexa.
- It has a child safety shutter.
- This product is not suitable for AC.
- Although it is said that it connects with the local network, sometimes it doesn’t. It works best with Wi-Fi connected to the proper internet.
5. HomeMate WiFi Smart Plug Socket
This smart plug connects with Alexa and google assistant and makes your home a smart home, where you can control your electric appliances and gadgets.
- This product is very easy to use and install.
- The product allows multi-person control of one device.
- It prevents the device from overheating.
- Does not provide power consumption reports.
- Power cuts may affect the settings.
6. Syska Abs Mwp-003 Smart Mini Wi-Fi Plug
This product has a universal plug pin type. Enables you to control your devices from anywhere in the world.
- Easy to use and easy to install.
- Set up a timer and schedule your device.
- The device shows power consumption.
- Some people don’t find it comfortable because it asks about location details.
- This particular product is not for heavy appliances, use the other one from the company.
7. Smart Connect 16A Wi-Fi Smart Plug
This smart plug makes your home smart. Enables you to control your home devices, and lights via one app.
- This product supports heavy electric goods such as AC, geyser, motor etc.
- Comes with monitoring features which keep an eye on the power consumption.
- Sets timer and schedule, no need for a hub directly connects with the home Wi-Fi.
- Some people find the round shape size a bit bigger for their power outlets, as its bulky size may hide other switches.
- Check the voltage before setting it up.
8. Lifelong 10A Smart Plug
This plug is suitable for many devices such as electric kettles, coffee makers, air purifiers, table fans etc. It syncs with virtual assistants.
- Remote control your devices from anywhere.
- The plug has a flame-resistant body.
- Set timers and schedule your devices to turn on and off.
- Not for heavy voltage using appliances.
- The schedule would not work if the power cuts midway.
9. Aviga WiFi Smart Plug 10A
This product works with Alexa and googles home to make your home smart. Connect it with Wi-Fi and use virtual assistants to control your devices.
- Supports timer and schedules.
- The plug is easy to use and easy to install, connecting with the app.
- Remotely control your appliances from anywhere as long as you have the Internet.
- This particular version is not suitable for heavy devices like AC.
- The app supporting the plug asks for registration. Some people are not comfortable with having to register.
10. 16 A WiFi Smart Socket (White)
This product connects with the home Wi-Fi and enables you to change your home into a smart home with automated appliances.
- Good for heavy machinery.
- It has an energy consumption monitoring feature.
- The product has a built-in overload protection feature.
- Works well with home internet but not so much with mobile networks.
- Pairing takes a bit of time.
For those who cannot afford automatic machinery, a smart plug can be a good and reasonable choice. Smart plug prices are very affordable. It makes the non-automatic appliances automatic. You can monitor their working, and turn them on and off from anywhere with just your phone. This makes life easier and makes the home smart. Wouldn’t it be better to just say that you want the lights to turn on while sitting in your bed?
What does a smart plug do?
It makes the non-smart or automatic devices into automatic ones. You can easily turn on and off your device using a smart plug.
Can you plug anything into a smart plug?
Almost all kinds of electrical machinery can be connected with a smart plug. It depends on which kind of plug you are using. A different plug is used for heavy and low appliances.
Which is the best smart plug?
Syska smart plug 16A is the best out there.