A skipping rope, also known as a jump rope an equipment used in sports as well as exercising. Just like most sports and exercise equipment, you will need the best skipping rope to get the most out of a workout session.
Skipping rope considered as one of the safest exercises in terms of injury statistics. In comparison to running and jogging, jumping rope puts less pressure and stress on the joints if done correctly.
Selecting a skipping rope of high quality and right material will reduce the chances of injuries and provide a more effective workout.
Top 10 Best Skipping Ropes in India
Buyers Guide – Skipping Rope
Skipping rope for 10 minutes has an impact equivalent to running 1 mile in 8 minutes. It is considered one of the most effective forms of cardio exercises for a healthy heart.
Below are a few imperative factors that you need to consider before purchasing a skipping rope:
- The density and thickness of the rope are one of the most vital things to consider.
- This is determined based on the material the skipping rope is made of.
- A thick rope with low density will make you feel air resistance when spinning the rope in a fast motion.
- This is something you would experience with skipping ropes made of PVC plastic.
- Skipping ropes that are dense and thin will provide more speed at rotation. This is what you would experience with steel ropes.
- Ropes with medium or high density are more suitable for beginners.
- For those individuals who are into functional workouts and CrossFit training, it is recommended for them to exercise with steel ropes between 2.5–4mm.
- If you are looking for skipping ropes for martial arts training, 4mm skipping ropes made of leather or steel would be the best option for them.
- If your main focus is on cardio exercises, then you should opt for weighted skipping ropes.
- Not only do they strengthen the arms and shoulders but also improve the overall heart framework.
- The handles on these skipping ropes also have an impact when using them.
- For intense and long workout sessions, you should go with skipping ropes with lightweight handles.
Features of a Skipping Rope
Using a skipping rope brings many great health benefits. It is considered one of the most effective forms of cardio exercises for a healthy heart.
- Skipping rope for 10 minutes has an impact equivalent to running 1 mile in 8 minutes.
- Adding this to your workout session will help increase your stamina.
- Furthermore, it assists in toning the upper and lower body muscles keeping your overall body in perfect shape.
- Skipping rope can also be used as a tool for losing weight.
- One hour of skipping rope can burn up to 1,600 calories.
- Skipping rope has an impact on improving bone density.
- Also, it helps stimulate and strengthen the bones, especially the femoral neck.
Types of Skipping Ropes
Choosing the right type of skipping ropes can become challenging as various styles and types have different benefits and are made of different materials.
- Normal skipping ropes are usually made of PVC plastic and a foam or rubber grip.
- These are the cheapest and most basic type of skipping ropes available.
- These ropes are light in weight and are meant to be fast.
- They are usually made of vinyl cords that make them durable.
- These skipping ropes usually weigh between 1-6 pounds.
- The extra weight strengthens the arms and shoulders.
- These also go by the name of segmented skip ropes.
- They are usually used for rhythmic jumping competitions due to the noise they make.
- These are not common unlike other skipping ropes mentioned above.
- They are famous for having wooden handles and being light in weight.
How to use Skipping Rope?
Whether you are interested in using skipping ropes for workout sessions or competitions, you need to know how to use them correctly and efficiently.
Below is a list of the basic techniques that would help you tone your body and keep you fit:
- For a side swing, you need to keep both hands and feet together and twirl the rope from one side to the other.
Double Side Swing and Jump
- For this technique, you need to keep the hands together while you twirl the rope from the left side to right
- And in between, you need to jump over the rope before switching to the other side.
Side to Side Skier
- For a skier, you need to constantly move the feet 4-6 inches positioned together and jump from left to right while spinning the rope under the feet.
Forward & Backward Bell
- In this position, you motion your jump 4-6 inches forward and backwards with both feet placed together, while spinning the rope under the feet.
List of Top 12 Skipping Ropes
1. Vector X Skipping Rope:
This product is a freestyle rope & made with sturdy nylon available in black colour. It is featured with rounded ends on the handle that makes them non-slippery. This has a secure plastic lock for adjusting the length according to your height.
- Vector X Skipping Rope made with sturdy nylon material
- Suitable for intense workouts
- It is great for intense CrossFit workouts.
- Produces a lot of vibration sound
2. Aurion Jumping Rope for Weight Loss, Fitness, Exercise & Workout:
This is manufactured by the Aurion brand & available in 5 different colours. It is made with PVC plastic, featured with lightweight and comfortable ergonomic handles that provide a firm grip.
- Aurion Skipping Rope made with durable PVC plastic material
- It is engineered with ball bearing on both handles that provide smooth and fast motion for rotating.
- This is suitable for people of all ages
- Rope gets easily tangled
3. VIFITKIT® Jump Skipping Rope with Number Counter, Non-Slip Handle Tangle-Free Adjustable for Adults & Kids:
This is digital skipping rope featured with a digital counter that keeps a track of the number of spins made. It comes with hollow plastic handles that provide a firm grip. The length of the rope is 260cm and can be easily adjusted according to your requirement.
- ViFitKit jump rope made with PVC plastic material.
- It comes with digital counter
- This is a durable and lightweight product
- Poor quality handles
4. SPORTLAND Adjustable Skipping Rope for Workout & Gym Training:
This product by Sportland brand & it is available in three different colours. The rope is 10-feet-long and can be adjusted based on your requirement. It is durable and slightly heavy that makes it ideal for intense cardio & CrossFit workouts.
- SPORTLAND Skipping Rope made with PVC plastic material.
- It is featured with wooden foam handles that provide a firm grip.
- This has a durable quality
- Length is slightly longer
5. SPORTLAND Jumping Adjustable Skipping Rope for Fitness, Gym Training & Workout:
This is a product of Sportland brand & it is available in three assorted colours. It made with PVC plastic and comes with wooden foam handles. The handles featured with a ball bearing for a smooth and aerodynamic rotating motion. Its length easily adjusted according to your need.
- Sportland Fitness Skipping Rope made of PVC plastic material
- This durable rope comes with a handle as well
- Built-in ball bearing
- Not practical for people above 5 feet 9 inches
6. Strauss Skipping Rope:
This is a product from the Strauss brand. It bought in 8 assorted colours and made of PVC plastic and comes with long and slim plastic handles. Its length is 3-meters-long, which makes it suitable for adults.
- Strauss Skipping Rope made with PVC plastic material
- This lightweight & available in 8 different colours
- Length not adjustable
- The rope is too thick
7. Urban Gear Unisex Fitness Jumping Skipping Rope with Wooden Handle for Weight Loss & Exercise:
This lightweight rope is a product of the Urban Gear brand. It is portable and lightweight, suitable for individuals of all ages. It comes with wooden handles.
- Urban Gear Skipping Rope is cotton braided & made with paintless wooden handles.
- This is ideal for light and moderate workout
- Not suitable for intense workouts
8. Port Blue Fitness Jumping Skipping Rope:
This product is lightweight & available in blue colour. It comes with durable plastic foam handles. This is featured with a ball bearing for faster rotation. And springs for protection and longevity of the skipping rope.
- Port Jump Rope made with PVC plastic material.
- It comes with ball bearings for fast motion
- Springs for protection
- Only available in blue colour
9. Krdsquare Skipping Rope for Men, Women, Weight Loss, Gym, Sports & Fitness:
This lightweight rope is a product of Krdsquare brand & available in 11 different contrasting colours. It comes with non-slip contoured handles. The product is ideal for moderate & intense CrossFit workouts.
- Krdsquare Jump Rope made with sturdy nylon material
- It is available in 11 contrasting colours
- Non-slippery protruding round end handles
- Length can’t adjusted
10. Cockatoo Skipping Jumping Rope:
These ropes are a product by Cockatoo brand & available in 3 assorted colours. It featured with non-slippery protruding round end handles. And it is ideal for intense cardio exercises.
- Cockatoo Jump Rope made with PVC plastic material.
- It is available in 3 contrasting colours
- Protruding round end handles
- Cannot adjust the rope length
11. Henco Jumping Skipping Rope, in Adjustable Size:
This lightweight & adjustable rope is a product by Henco brand. It is available in different styles and materials. The length of the plastic ropes adjusted. Whereas the cotton rope has a length of 9 feet that cannot be adjusted.
- Henco Jump Rope made with cotton or PVC material
- It comes with plastic or wooden handles.
- Available in different material, style, and colours
- Lightweight and durable
- Cotton skipping rope’s length can’t adjusted
12. The Sweatshop Essentials Plastic Essentials Jumping Rope:
This is a product of Sweatshop brand & available only in one colour. It featured with non-slippery protruding round end handles. This is ideal for intense cardio exercises and CrossFit workouts.
- Sweatshop Jump Rope made with PVC plastic material.
- This is lightweight and durable
- Only available in one colour
A skipping rope, also known as jump rope equipment used for sports as well as exercising. Like all sports or exercises, you need the best skipping rope for getting the most out of a workout session.
It is considered one of the safest exercises in terms of injury statistics. In comparison to running and jogging, jumping rope puts less pressure and stress on the joints if done correctly.