A sink mixer is a unit that looks like an elaborate tap mounted on a sink, with the ability to control hot and cold water flows which can be released through a single spout. The unit usually comes with a single handle or two. In the latter’s case, both are connected to the hot and cold water sources that you can control separately or together to produce a mixed flow.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Water Sprinklers, Jaquar Taps, Hindware Taps, Bathroom Showers, Waste Pipe for sink, Washbasins, Cera Washbasins, sintex water tanks, 100 litres water tanks, Water Tank 500 Ltr, Sintex Water Tank, Plasto Water tanks, 1000 Litre Water tank, Water pipes, 1Hp water pumps, Crompton water pumps, Texmo water pumps, High-pressure water pumps, 1.5 HP water pumps, Kirloskar water pumps, Water tank alarms, HDPE Pipes in India
Top 10 Best Sink Mixers in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Sink Mixer
- All sink mixers are either wall-mounted above the sink or mounted on the sink itself.
- They can merge water from hot and cold sources to get a desired temperature for the water output via the tap or spout outlet
- The tap is usually arched and elevated with flexible nozzles and multiple spray functionality on the spouts for more efficient use.
- They come with single or double levers for easier control.
Types of Sink Mixers
- There are single lever and double lever mixer taps. The single lever allows for temperature and flows control using a single handle or lever while the double lever allows for individual controls of hot and cold water using assigned levers.
- Single levers come as basic kitchen sink mixers, waterfall mixers, and cloakroom mixers
- The other types like the monobloc taps, wall-mounted, and bridge mixer taps exist under the double lever.
How to Use Sink Mixer
- For single levers, you have to turn or tilt the handle to specific directions or positions.
- This controls the release of water from the assigned sources for hot, cold, or mix.
- Once turned, the water flows out of the spout.
- For the double levers, you have to turn either handle to get either hot or cold water.
- To get a mixture, you have to turn both at the same time.
Buyer’s Guide for Sink Mixer
- The first thing you need to decide is between single and double levers in terms of efficiency for your use and what type better fits your sink and its environment.
- The water pressure from your source determines which type of mixer best works with it.
- Here, keeping up with the latest in mixer technology helps.
- Finally, the durability of the brand or product will determine how long it will last.
List of Top 10 Best Sink Mixers in India-Buyers Guide
1. ALTON Brass Sink Mixer
Alton polished brass mixer comes with brass handles and chrome finishing. With elegant handles and a spout made with swinging features for adjustable positioning and flow, as well as easy-to-use water controls. The new highly reflective mirror sheen technology gives it a clean pleasing look and lasting feel that will fit your bathroom design perfectly.
- The arched spout gives 360-degree rotation for a larger coverage area but controlled tight water flow.
- Availability of spare parts due to the popularity of the product.
- Very cost-effective for the full design package
- Water Mixer knobs can be weak and easily damaged during installation
- The quality of various parts can vary and be prone to leakage and damage
2. SBD™ Sink Mixer
SBD sink mixer comes with wall-mount flange support, sporting a 360 degrees rotational flexible neck. Its new multi-spray spout feature allows for easy water flow control and wastage cancellation. Additionally, it is made of a steel hose and plastic chrome finish which improves its durability and provides for a longer-lasting effect in your bathroom or kitchen.
- You can install it on the kitchen wall rather than the deck of the sink or basin.
- It has a double-flow system for spray or stream options. This spout feature allows you to better control water flow and cancel water wastage.
- Affordable cost of the full package
- Materials are not very durable and can break especially if roughly handled during installation
- It tends to leak within a short time of use.
3. PRESTIGE Sink Mixer
The silver brass mixer has a 360 degrees tap, with a quarter-turn double lever, and a single spout. Its made with high-quality brass material with chrome finishings and copper handles. Its unique design easily blends with the aesthetic of your kitchen or bathroom, to give it an elegant feel.
- The excellent chrome finishing improves the sturdiness and durability of the product
- Reasonable prices for the complete package
- Its design makes it compatible with your bathroom and kitchen
- The poor quality of the components can lead to early damage
- It is prone to breakage and leakage
4. QBLU Wall Mounted Sink Mixer
Wall mixer is made with high-grade solid brass for high durability and rust resistance. The rotational neck and its easy-to-use dual control levers allow you to easily direct water flow. Hydraulic and air pressure testing were done to ensure a perfect process in all workings, both internal and external. It houses an 18-micron thick copper finishing that protects the mixer from a variety of corrosion.
- QUBLU technology is leakage proof
- It is has a user-friendly installation process for you to follow
- Its parts are of high quality, both internal and external
- Precise adjustments require the hand of a plumber
- The spout/outlet is a bit highly placed
5. Hindware Sink Mixer
The wall-mounted Hindware sink mixer has a swivel effect swan neck and double control levers. This gives you Smooth foam flow from the neo-Perl aerator that prevents wastage of water. Robotic electroplating provides for an elegant, mirror sheen and lustrous shine that perfectly matches its environment. It is easy to operate with superior design and functionality.
- Hassle-free, time-saving installation for you or your plumber.
- It allows you to excellently control the water flow without wastage
- It is sturdy and its design is wonderful for your bathroom bathroom
- It does not support the use of a ceramic cartridge, limiting the flow control of water used.
- It’s coating easily comes off
6. KCS® Sink Mixer
This flora brass-heavy sink mixer comes with an elegant flexible 360 arched rotation nozzle that gives you easy water flow control. It sports a flexible black silicone swivel spout with dual flow spray support.
- You can easily control directional water flow with its rotational nozzle.
- Its spout has dual features (spray and stream) for easy water flow control
- It has a solid sturdy brass base with chrome and matt black finishing for degression prevention.
- The rubber parts included are susceptible to damage from hot water flow
- It gives low water pressure because of dual flow control
7. QUICK SILVER Sink Mixer
The Quicksilver sports high-quality brass material for superior prolonged durability and use. This mixer comes with chrome and titanium electroplated finishes, quarter-turn levers with swivel spout, and wall flanges.
- Its lightweight makes it easy for you to easily handle, especially during installation.
- The multilayered electroplating on the body helps prevent corrosion and rust
- You use minimal effort in controlling water flow.
- The materials included are of poor quality making them easily damaged.
- It is not good value for your money
8. Cera Sink mixer
The Cera wall mixer is made with a quality stainless steel body and hard chrome plating. It comes with wall flanges support, a long swivel spout, and connecting legs for sturdy installation and use. Also boasts a unique internal locking system for hot and cold water control and distribution.
- The internal locking system ensures steady water flow
- Its stainless steel materials make it heavy, durable, and sturdy
- It is rust and corrosion resistant
- Damage to the water stem will produce odd noises
- It is delicate to install for you or a professional plumber
9. 10X Brass Sink Mixer
This sink mixer has a double lever control made with high-quality brass and a mirror-sheen polish that is perfectly designed for kitchen and bathroom use. Fitted with Grade-A quality chrome-plated faucet with water-saving aerators and strong ceramic cartridge for optimum water output.
- it has a sturdy and durable make.
- It is economically cost-effective
- Its elegant chrome finishing helps with rust and corrosion prevention
- There are some manufacturing defects with the nuts and threads
- Some parts or fittings tend to leak a lot because of these defects
10. Aquieen Single Lever Sink Mixer
Aqueen single lever sink mixer is a wall-mounted mixer with fluid hot and cold water control. It boasts a 360 high neck spout, wall flanges, and connecting legs. Mounted with top-class single lever water mixing cartridge for long-lasting performance.
- Made with quality brass build to prevent material degression
- It is resistant to corrosion, rust, and tarnish
- Its single lever high-quality cartridge allows for easy and fast water mixtures
- The short connecting legs can be bothersome for installation even with professional plumbers
- The full package is expensive for some people
In getting the best sink mixer unit for your bathroom or kitchen, a very precise group of factors must be considered and followed. Everything from brand to type to compatibility with sources or water pressure used in the location, ease of use, and even materials used in production, all must be considered to get not only the best mixer for your home but also the best value for your money.
What is the best sink mixer?
You need to combine the characteristics of each sink mixer to get the longest-lasting, most durable, and easy-to-use mixer. This can vary depending on the brand and the materials used. The value you get for the money spent determines if it is the best or not.
How do sink mixers work?
When you open the lever, the water fed from that source, be it hot or cold flows to the mixer valve which then directs it to the outlet. When you turn both levers at the same time, water from both sources is released, meets, and mixes at the valve and is then released out the tap or spout.
What is the cost of a sink mixer?
A good sink mixer will cost you between 1400 to 4000 rupees. As always, this depends on the brand selected and the features available or targeted.