The Singer Manufacturing Company was founded in 1851. Since then the name Singer has been synonymous with sewing. The spirit of practical design and creative innovation that characterized the company at the beginning is still continuing today. The company has celebrated many firsts, including the world’s first zig-zag machine, the first electronic machines.
From home décor and clothing construction to embroidery and quilting, Singer is dedicated to helping people express themselves through the craft of sewing. And in 2017 the company launched the first-ever Sewing Assistant App for sewing help.
Top 10 Best Singer Sewing Machines in India
Features of a Singer Sewing Machine
- Since the beginning Singer has always introduced sewing machines with newer features to its customers.
- The singer sewing machine comes with various convenient features like good sewing speed, twin needle, multiple stitch options, good speed control, thread cutter, etc.
- One-Step Buttonhole, Automatic Needle Threader, Top Drop-in Bobbin, Drop Feed, And Free Arm, Built-in Sewing Light, Sewing Without Foot Pedal, LCD Screen are just some other convenient features of the machines.
Types of Singer Sewing Machines
In general, Singer manufactures 4 types of sewing machines—
- Computerized sewing machines offer automatic stitch settings, speed control, and other easy-to-use features.
- Singer Heavy Duty sewing machines can tackle thicker fabrics and long seams without breaking the bank.
- The motors of these sewing machines are 50% more powerful than the domestic machines.
Mechanical Sewing Machines
- Mechanical sewing machines are easy to use and have manual controls that stand the test of time.
Sewing and Embroidery Machines
- Embroidery machines give a beautiful, hand-crafted look to any project.
Buyer’s Guide for Singer Sewing Machine
- If you have decided to buy a Singer sewing machine, to know about the products in detail, you can start by visiting their website.
- By clicking this link you will be ablaze to see all types of sewing machines that Singer manufactures.
- But first, you need to think about your demands.
- What type of machine do you need, what features it needs to have, the budget, the size, and weight, etc.
- After you have made a clear-cut decision you can order your sewing machine Singer from the website, online shops like Amazon or you can directly buy it from the market.
How does a Sewing Machine work?
- The electric motor is the beating heart of a sewing machine which is located inside the main stem of the machine.
- The motor drives three separate mechanisms that are very carefully timed to cooperate with one another.
- Two of them, a mixture of cams and cranks, operate the feed dog that little set of teeth that pop up and down just beneath the needle and the presser foot.
- One pushes upward against the material to grip it and the other moves it forward by an adjustable amount to make stitches of varying length.
- It’s a rather neat double-act: one of these mechanisms makes the feed dog go up and down, while the other slides it back and forth.
- Meanwhile, another crankshaft driven by the motor makes the needle rise up and down, while the fourth and final mechanism turns the shuttle and hook attached to it that makes the stitches.
List of Top 10 Best Singer Sewing Machine Models in India-Buyers Guide
1. Singer 1304 Start Sewing Machine with 6 Built-In Stitches, Free-Arm Sewing Machine – Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
The Singer 1304 start free-arm portable sewing machine comes with 6 built-in stitches. Its sewing accessories are easy-to-use and versatile products.
- It is a twin needle sewing machine.
- The machine is suitable for beginners.
- The product comes with no warranty.
2. Singer 8280 Sewing Machine
It is an easy-to-operate sewing machine that is designed to cover everything from fashion sewing to home decorative sewing. The machine provides 24 stitch functions with a maximum stitch width of 5 mm.
- There is an In-built thread cutter in the presser bar.
- The Singer sewing machine speed is 800 spm.
- Operating with this might be too noisy.
3. Singer Promise 1408 Sewing Machine
The Singer Promise sewing machine includes all the basic features to create almost any project. Basic and decorative stitches include an automatic buttonhole, a simple stitch selection, and the included darning plate.
- The Singer stitching machine comes with 8 built-in stitches Including 6 basic, 1 decorative, and 1 automatic 4-step buttonhole.
- It has a straightforward threading path that enables you to save time.
- Does not operate smoothly on rough or thick fabric.
4. Singer Start 1306 Sewing Machine (White)
The Singer machine comes with an LED lighting that illuminates the area of operation. It also has preset stitch length and width. So there is no need to make stitch length and width adjustments with this machine.
- This Singer stitching machine product comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Very suitable for domestic use.
- Only has 6 built-in stitches.
5. Singer Tradition FM 2250 Sewing Machine (White)
The Singer Tradition FM 2250 sewing machine requires a 70-watt power source. This Singer stitching machine is available in white.
- This singer machine offers quick and easy threading which saves a lot of time.
- The machine comes with a zig-zag machine with a foot paddle, free accessories, a dust cover, a user manual, and a warranty card.
- There might be some problems with the permanent adjustment.
6. Singer 3229 Simple
This singer 3229 simple sewing machine offers easier sewing with better results. The machine comes with 29 built-in stitches and an automatic 4-step buttonhole program which will make sewing less troublesome work for you.
- You can adjust the stitch length and width to your liking.
- The interior is made with a zig-zag heavy-duty metal frame.
- No warranty from the manufacturer is given to the product.
- The product is comparably heavier than other similar products.
7. Singer Talent 3321 Sewing Machine
Singer Talent 3321 sewing machine offers its users easy threading, top drop-in bobbin, and automatic needle threader, set-up is simple and frustration-free. The weight of this machine is 22 pounds and the product is available in white.
- The machine has 21 Built-in stitch patterns.
- The machine also offers an easy pattern selector with a dial and free arm for circular stitching.
- Costlier than other similar products.
- No warranty is given along with the product.
8. Singer Simple 3223 85-Watt Automatic Sewing Machine
The Singer Simple 3223 electric sewing machine is a good machine both from inside and outside. The user can customize adjustable stitch length for suitable sewing seams on different types of fabric. The product is available in two eye-catching colors— hibiscus pink and mint green.
- The machine comes with an option of 23 built-in stitches.
- There is a 2-year warranty on the product from the manufacturer.
- Additional free items with the machine are accessories box, foot paddle, softcover, warranty card cum user manual.
- Costlier than other similar products.
9. Singer 4423 HEAVY DUTY Electric Sewing Machine, grey
The Heavy Duty 4423 sewing machine is designed for heavy-duty projects. It has an in-built powerful motor and high sewing speed, which enables the user to finish projects in less time.
- The machine has 23 Built-in Stitches with a fully automatic 1 step buttonholer.
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It has a handle on top of the machine to carry it easily.
- It is suitable for both domestic and industrial use.
- Way costlier than other similar products.
10. Singer Promise 1412 Sewing Machine
Singer 1412 sewing machine is a great sewing machine for domestic use and beginners. The sewing machine comes with features like 7 basic and 2 decorative stitches and 1 automatic buttonhole. Also, all the necessary accessories are given along with the product. The rating is Power: 80 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 – 240 volts.
- This product has a really stylish and ergonomic design.
- The machine also offers adjustable stitch length and variable zigzag stitches that help to create multiple designs while auto-reverse operation straighten the stitches
- It has only 12 built-in stitches.
The singer is a trustworthy brand when it comes to sewing machines. It has been providing great service to its customers for over a century now. We have come forward with 10 of the best products of Singer. Hopefully, you will find this article helpful.
Which Singer sewing machine is best for home use?
Considering Singer sewing machine India the best domestic sewing machine is from the 7258 series.
What is the price range of the Singer Sewing machines?
Singer Sewing machines’ price ranges from 7,000 INR to 15,000 INR.