When you think of a tool that has multiple uses, one of them is, of course, the shovel. You can use it in the garden, when you are going camping and at the beach, to name only a few. If you are passionate about any of these activities, you should look into buying a shovel. It’s that kind of tool that you don’t know you need until you find yourself in a situation where it would have been great to have one.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Gardening Tools, Gardening Scissors, land mowers & water sprinklers, Grass cutting machines, brush cutters, Garden Lights, Garden chairs, Garden umbrellas, Garden sprayers, Safety Gloves, DeWalt Power Tools, Makita Power Tools, Drill Machines, Angle Grinders, Welding Machines, Hand Tools Kit, Impact Wrenches, Torque Wrenches, Line Laser Levels, Laser Distance Measurer, Brush Cutter Machines, chain saw machines, oscillating saw machines, circular saw machines, chop saw machines, jigsaw machines, miter saws, band saws, scroll saw, coping saw, reciprocating saws, Table saw Machines, Pruning Saws, hacksaws, Pole saws, Iron Net for Fencing, Quality hose pipes, artificial Grass Mats, Drip irrigation kits, Green net, green mats, VK Rain Pipes, uPVC Pipes, CPVC Pipes, Steel Pipes, Conduit Pipes, Water Pipes, High-Pressure water pumps, Kirloskar water pumps, Submersible water pumps, 1HP water pumps, 1.5 HP Water Pumps, Texmo water Motors, Crompton Water pumps, Jaquar Taps, Hindware Taps in India.
Top 10 Best Shovels in India
Features of Shovels
- One of the first things to consider when buying a shovel is the material.
- They can be made from plastic, steel or have a wooden grip.
- Also, you need to look into the type of soil which you can dig in using the tool.
- Moreover, you need to check out the occasions on which you can use it.
- There are different materials suitable for every type of soil and occasion.
- If the tool has a safe landing on the foot, it will be even better, so that you can dig safely.
Types of Shovels
- First of all, there are gardening shovels.
- They are made from steel, usually with a wooden grip.
- You could find useful a camping digging tool, which needs to be foldable so that you can carry it easily in your luggage.
- Also, when you go to the beach it would be great to have a shovel so that you can make sandcastles with your kids much easier.
- Whatever your outdoor hobby may be, if it’s gardening, camping or going to the beach, a shovel will be useful.
Buyer’s Guide for Shovels
- Always look to buy a durable tool, because the strength you are using while digging is pretty high.
- Durability comes from the material and the shape of the blade, which should also be adapted to your needs.
- If you are buying camping gear, make sure it folds easily and it fits in your backpack.
- If you need to dig smaller wholes, a hand shovel might be the best choice for you.
How to use Shovels?
- Digging is pretty simple: you position the blade perpendicularly on the surface you need to dig into and press on the blade with your foot.
- After the blade goes in, you extract the soil and repeat the process until the depth of the whole fits your needs.
- When going to the beach or for hand-shovels, you just need to insert the blade in the soil and take it out, using your arm strength, not your legs.
- Always make sure to use proper footwear and don’t point the blade at your feet, as it is sharp.
List of Top 10 Best Shovels in India Buyers Guide
1. Redcamp Folding Shovels
The first item on the list is a digging tool from Redcamp. It is foldable and can be used for camping, fishing, and gardening.
- It fits in your backpack;
- It’s made from carbon steel so it’s durable;
- You can use it for harder soils as well.
- Sand can damage the nut that keeps the tool in place;
- It was expensive, over 3000 Rs.
2. Coleman Multifunctional Tool
This time, you can find on the list a two-in-one shovel and pick from Coleman. The tool is great for garden work or for going on a camping trip.
- It breaks down into a compact tool, easy to travel with;
- The price is lower than the one before;
- You can use it for more than digging thanks to the pick included.
- There is no warranty available for this product;
- It is small, but it’s great for travelling.
3. Lifeline Utility Shovels
The next in line is an olive, 1.26 pounds shovel from Lifeline. You can use it for removing snow from your alley or parking space.
- This is the perfect tool to have during winter days;
- You can store it easily in the trunk, thanks to the fact that it decomposes into three pieces;
- It’s an adjustable tool.
- The price is high, over 7000 Rs;
- You can’t use it for gardening.
4. Fiskars D-handle tool
In the fourth place, we have another great tool from Fiskars. This one is great for gardening since you can use it with hard soil.
- The quality is great;
- You will benefit from a lifetime warranty for this product;
- It’s sturdy and safe to use.
- It was expensive, over 7000 Rs;
- One client received a damaged product.
5. Electromania Camping Gear
This camping gear set has all you need to properly install your tent in the wild. It is compact and can fit in your backpack.
- It is not just an item, it’s a complete kit;
- The set comes with a bag included for easy transportation;
- The grip is comfortable.
- It’s very tiny;
- The set doesn’t work on hard ground.
6. Mosfiata Military Shovels
Next up in line is a foldable gardening tool from Mosfiata. It’s multifunctional, as you can use it for chopping, sawing, and cutting as well.
- The material is sturdy and durable;
- It’s foldable and easy to store;
- Great for camping or gardening.
- It was expensive, over 6000 Rs;
- It’s heavy, over 1 kg.
7. Bond Gardening Tool
This next product is made from fiberglass and has a round-shaped blade. Unlike the others, it’s not foldable.
- It has great material;
- The shovel has a place to put your foot;
- It is especially designed for gardening.
- The price of almost 7000 Rs;
- It’s not foldable, so you will need space to store it.
8. Trekoo Multi-Purpose Tool
The next item on the list is made for camping and trekking. You can store it in your backpack and it will come in handy when installing the tent.
- It has a sturdy material;
- You can use the product for gardening as well;
- You can store it easily since it folds.
- It is a bit heavy, over 1 kg;
- The price is still high, reaching up to approximately 6000 Rs.
9. Spielstabil Beach Shovels
This one, unlike the others, is made from plastic. You can use it when you are at the beach to make sandcastles.
- It’s child friendly;
- You can use it in the snow as well;
- It’s light and easy to manoeuvre.
- It’s almost 5000 Rs even though it’s made from plastic;
- The product has only 303 ratings on Amazon.
10. Sharpex Hand-Shovels
Finally, this tool from Sharpex can be used only with your arm strength. It’s a trowel perfect for gardening.
- It’s easy to clean, as it is small;
- The material isn’t affected by rust and corrosion;
- It has an inch measuring to make gardening easier.
- The handle is too small so it’s not easy to manoeuvre;
- It doesn’t have the best quality.
When choosing a gardening or camping tool, make sure to check out the soil before. You want to get a shovel which will be able to get through a harder soil if you know that is the case of the surface you want to dig into. Whatever you may choose, keep in mind that, during winter or when travelling, you need to have a way to remove obstacles from the front of your car, for example.
The prices for these tools vary, from a few hundred Rs to a few thousand, but keep in mind that it is the quality that dictates the price. If you need the tools only for playing with your kids or for small gardening tasks, a cheaper one can be alright and it saves some money. However, if you have a big garden, with rough soil, you will need to invest in a more expensive product, so that you can use it properly.
1. What are shovels used for?
You can use these tools for gardening, removing snow, building sandcastles, installing a tent or preparing a campfire.
2. Which shovel is best?
All the products on our list have been carefully selected, to fit every occasion and every budget. You can find more expensive ones, like the military kit from Mosfiata, or cheaper ones like the hand trowel from Sharpex.
3. What is the price for a shovel?
The prices can differ, in tight liaison to the material and the features, from 400 Rs to over 7000 Rs. Of course, the important thing to have in mind is why you need the tool. Then, you can decide on the material.