The Shankh is an accessory that is used to blow during Pooja. Shanks also bring prosperity, wealth, and good fortune to houses. This is a snail’s shell. This shell undergoes a series of processes, after which is available in the market to sell. Usually, they are white. People also used them to store water for massaging. Blowable Shankhs are good for thyroid gland exercise and to attain fluency in speech.
Also, Check the buyer’s guide for the best Damru, Dholaks, Harmoniums, Ghungroos, Electronic drum pads, Tasha Dhol, Nasik Dhol, Hand Drum, Punjabi Dhol, Ahuja speakers, Electric Guitar, Casio keyboard, Keyboard piano, Drumsets, Snare drum, Chimata Music, Flutes, mouth organ, Diyas for Pooja, Pooja thali, Deepam Oil for Pooja, Cow Ghee, Ganga Jal, Gomutra, Rosewater, Hawan Kund, Brass Idols, Ganesh Idols, pooja Mandir, Copper plates, cow dung cakes, Ganapati murti, buddha statues, sandalwood oil, Hand Drums, Toranam Hangings, Candles, Scented Candles, Christmas Candles, Decorative lights, Fancy Lights, Candleholders, and Candle stands in India.
Top 10 Best Pooja Shankhs for Temples in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Shankh
- All Shankhs are shells. They are hollow. They are made of calcium carbonate.
- They are good for bringing prosperity to the home. Usually, Hindus keep it in their homes as a sacred tool for Pooja as well.
- All the Shankhs are glossy. They all are smooth, though some might have rough outgrowths over them.
- They are crafted with designs as well.
- Shankhs are added to medicines as a Calcium supplement.
Types of Shankhs
There are mainly 3 types of Shankh.
- Type one is the decorating type. It is non-blowing and made solely for decoration.
- Type two is the blowing type. This type often lacks stand with them. It is for blowing during Pooja.
- The third type is a mixture of the above two. This type has a stand along the offer for decorative purposes. It is also blowable and is useful in Pooja.
How to Use Shankh?
- Its usage is simple. As you buy a Shankh, check if it blows properly and if it’s a blowing type.
- Always place it in the area where you perform Pooja. If it’s a decorative type, showcase it in a mirrored cupboard.
- Whenever you need to carry it somewhere, try to avoid pressing the carrier bag. You may use a box with packing stuff.
- Remember, handle with care. These are very fragile.
Buyer’s Guide for Shankh
- First, know your preferred type.
- Once you decide, fix a budget. Check if, at the price you have decided, the best offers are available.
- For two in one purpose, prefer buying a decorative and blowing type of Shankha. This will give you a showpiece and Pooja accessory at one price.
- If a stand is in the offer along the Shankha, confirm it’s not made of a material you are allergic to.
List of Top 10 Best Shankhs in India-Buyers Guide
Here is a list of the top 10 Shankhs. Some of these are Dakshinavarti as well. These Shankhs are available at Amazon. in
1. Abhimantrit Original Shankh
The brand offers a crystal clear white Shankha. It’s very light and glossy as well.
- A 2-inch tray to hold the Shankh is included in the pack.
- It is perfect for decoration. The tray and the Shankha add a valuable piece to one’s collection.
- It is easy to carry along as it’s very light.
- It is not a blowing type. It is only for decoration.
- No medical importance of this Shankha is known.
2. Religious Heritage Pure White Shell
Religious Heritage, the brand with the tagline, “Quality Always Matters” offers this Shankh.
- It is a blowing type. It has a loud echoing sound.
- The size of the Shankha is 6-7 inches.
- It is a natural shell produced by snails. The brand claims it to be Original.
- There is no stand in the offer. Extra money needs to be spent for this purpose.
- It might be too costly for some customers.
3. Centorganic Natural Blowing Shankh
The brand offers light Pooja Shankhs.
- It has a loud blowing sound.
- This is light to carry and easy to hold while blowing.
- It has beautiful engraved designs and borders. It makes it a little higher in demand as well.
- The engraved design gives it an artificial look.
- As no stand is in the offer, buying one for this Shankha will require further expenditure.
4. Generic Narayan Shankh
This Shankh by Generic is Dakshinavarti Shankha. It is a beautiful gift for a newlywed couple.
- It is not very expensive.
- The sellers claim that it will keep poverty away from home. It brings wealth to the family.
- It is small and easy to carry. This makes it easy to hold while a person blows it.
- It is a non-blowing type of Shankha.
- It is for keeping at home, but there is no stand specifically made for it.
5. Vrindavan Shopi White Blowing Shank
This Shankh is a two-in-one product for the customers.
- It is for decoration as well as blowing.
- A stand to place it well in the desired location is also in the pack.
- It has a pinkish tinge on its edge that gives it a soothing look.
- People might be allergic to the material of the stand as it is made of Brass.
- Brass needs polishing. It doesn’t have a resale value either.
6. Mayapuri Shankh for Pooja
It is a pure white Shankh by Mayapuri. It is good for older men and women to blow it.
- It is 5-inches in size. This makes it eye-catching.
- This is good to blow as a thyroid exercise. It adds to its medicinal importance.
- It is naturally glossy. It also brings spirituality and harmony to the home.
- It is too much in demand that it goes out of stock.
- It needs a stand to hold it in place. This will require extra money.
7. Roy Pooja Shankh
It is a Pooja Shankh for blowing purposes only.
- It is shiny and lustrous.
- It is crafted with designs on it.
- It is very natural in appearance.
- It is small.
- It is only for blowing purposes. It doesn’t work as a decorative Shankh.
8. Vky’s Shankh for Pooja
It is a multipurpose Shankh by the brand Vky. It is the best Shankh that is an all-in-one type.
- It is available with a stand to place it safely on a rack.
- The water stored in it overnight is good for massaging the skin.
- The Shankh is useful against allergies also.
- It is not very big. It won’t look conspicuous on display.
- It doesn’t have any craft on it. This makes it a little simple.
9. Rudram Shankh (Original)
The Shankh is white in color and natural. This is Dakshinvardi.
- A stand is included in the offer with the Shankh.
- It has a rough texture. Its glow is natural.
- It is economical to buy.
- It is a non-blowing It can’t be used for Pooja.
- It is small. It measures only 3-inches. It won’t be an eye-catching piece on the shelf.
10. Generic White Shankh
This is a Shankh for Pooja by Generic brand.
- This Shankh is blowable. It has a good loud sound.
- Its appearance is shiny. This makes it eye-catching.
- It is small. This makes it easy to carry.
- It is only for Pooja. It is not for display or beautifying purposes.
- There is no stand in the offer. For safe keeping, one needs to buy it separately.
To conclude, Shankhs are all more or less similar. Some have a stand for better serving the customers, while others have medicinal importance. Its religious importance lies in its use for Pooja. For this purpose, they are small enough to carry. As they are simple, engravings beautify them. They are thought to bring wealth to the homes. We hope that your lucky Shankh waits out there for you to buy it.
Which Shankh is good for home?
Shankhs that are for both decoration and bowing are the best ones. They not only beautify the rack they are on but also are useful for Pooja.
Which country is shank instrument?
Odisha/Orissa is the East Indian State which is famous for Shankhs availability. However, Shankhs are available in every region of India.
What is the benefit of Shankh?
Shankhs also serve as medicinally important items. These Shankhs are all-purpose Shankhs. They are quite beneficial for thyroid and breathing ailments, and speech disorders.