A Set-Top Box is a remote-controlled device. The remote required for it has many generic models too. Such alternatives for the original one work almost like the original. These models serve as a replacement tool for the original remote if the latter is lost or stops working. Moreover, these remotes have wide compatibility as well. They can operate Set-Top boxes and TVs of varying brands and models at a time. Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Mi remotes, 24 Inch LED TVs, 65 Inch Led TVs, 32 inches LED TV, 43 inches LED TV, 50 inch TV, 55 inches LED TV, 75 inch TVs, 5.1 Home Theater, Soundbars, and TV Unit Designs in India.
Top 10 Best Set Top Box Remotes in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Set Top Box Remote
- The majority of the Set-Top Box remotes require AAA batteries.
- Another main feature that some of them have is they operate TV of the same model as the Set-Top Box.
- Their connectivity type is usually infrared. Some might need a connectivity code to pair with the desired device.
- Good models have hotkeys too. These keys include Prime Video, Netflix, and YouTube keys.
- The recording is available in some models only.
Types of Set Top Box Remotes
There are three types of Set-Top Box Remotes. The basis of this distribution is their range of compatibility.
- Type 1 remotes are highly specific. They work for only Set-Top boxes of a single brand.
- Type 2 remotes are slightly specific. Their compatible devices include TVs and Set-Top Boxes of one brand or more than one sometimes.
- Type 2 are universal remotes. These work with multiple brands’ TVs and Set-Top Boxes.
How to Use Set Top Box Remote?
- As a user, you need to be considerate. Though the remote isn’t expensive, finding the desired remote on and on could be difficult.
- Protect it from falling off a high altitude.
- Keep remotes away from pets and kids. The kids may try to chew off the button. The pests might contaminate the remote.
- If you know you won’t use the remote for too long, take out the batteries from it.
Buyer’s Guide for Set Top Box Remote
- Be specific! Remotes for Set-Top Boxes are many, but not each of them is the one you want.
- Read the compatible devices of the remote. Consider only those remotes that are compatible with the TVs and Set-Top boxes of the brand you seek.
- Contact the seller if you need to. For non-contact deliveries, read the product descriptions and reviews thoroughly.
- Return it in a week if the product is inappropriate.
List of Top 10 Best Set Top Box Remotes in India-Buyers Guide
Below is a list of the top 10 Set-Top Box remotes. Hopefully, it will help you to choose the one that matches your need maximum.
1. Crypo Wide Range Set-up Remote
This remote is an imported Generic remote.
- The remote works at a distance of 20 feet.
- Compatible devices include Tata Sky SD, HD, HD+Plus, and 4K DTH Set-Top Box.
- There are few chances of the product being non-functional. A testing machine confirms its functionality before shipment.
- The keypad made of rubber is not as durable as silicone.
- Batteries are not included, neither they are rechargeable.
2. Astigo Digital Airtel Set-Top Box
Here is a remote for your Set-Top box and TV.
- You will find this remote compatible with your Airtel TV and Set-Top box.
- Its price is reasonable with and without the offer.
- The remote is lightweight, made of plastic, and palm-held type.
- The working range of this remote is just 10 feet.
- There are many buttons on it giving it a non-smart look.
3. Dish TV Remote For All Dish TV Set-Top Box
For Dish TV users, this is an all-rounder remote.
- This remote is compatible with Dish TV SD and HD Set-Top boxes.
- A special recording feature is also present in it.
- You will find it a good replacement is quite a reasonable price.
- Explicitly, there is no mention of the type of batteries and working range for this remote.
- The type of opening of the battery slot is not durable.
4. Hybite Set-Top Box Remote For Hathway Devices
A brand offering the best customer care services offers this remote for your Hathway Set-Top Box.
- This remote works at a distance of 40 meters from the device.
- The seller offers 1 month’s warranty on this product.
- To help the buyer with his/her purchase, the seller has devised a confirmation method. This reduces the chances of ordering the wrong remote.
- This remote is not compatible with the Hathway Digital TVs. This device is not present incompatible devices.
- Only an infrared connector type is available.
5. 7-Seven Tata Sky Remote
According to the seller, this remote will prove an excellent replacement remote for your Tata sky Set-Top Box.
- This remote has universal compatibility with all Tata Sky TVs, SD, and HD Set-Top Boxes.
- Its silicone keypad makes its buttons durable and easy to use.
- The product has 15 feet of working range.
- This is a generic product and not the original Tata Sky remote.
- It is only compatible with Tata sky TVs and Set-Top Boxes.
6. Generic Set-Top Box Remote
To order a remote for your Asianet HD Set-Top box, consider this remote.
- This remote will work with Asianet set-top box, SD and MPEG 4, and HD box.
- You will find its price quite reasonable.
- It is lightweight, easy to operate, and doesn’t require any connectivity code.
- Some models have a non-functional ON/OFF switch button.
- The compatible devices are limited and don’t include televisions of any model.
7. Shieldguard XStream Airtel Set-Top Box Remote
A remote with hotkey features is at your disposal.
- You will find this remote functional with your Airtel Set-Top box.
- The hotkeys include Netflix, Prime Video, and YouTube keys.
- There is a recording button as well on the remote.
- The remote has only 10 days warranty.
- It lacks voice and Bluetooth functions.
8. Maxlink 360 Wide Compatibility Set-Top Box Remote
For a family with digital electronics of varying models, here is a good suggestion.
- This remote works for Asianet, Cisco, Hathway, Den, and GTPL Set-Top boxes.
- It’s an imported remote. The country of origin is China.
- The remote has a reasonable price with and without an offer.
- The plastic body might crack easily, as it lacks any cover.
- This remote won’t work with TVs of any model.
9. JB Brothers 4U TV And HD Set-Top Box Remote
For the customers who prefer remotes with a wide range of linkable devices, this remote needs consideration.
- The offer contains a remote cover and a pair of batteries for the remote.
- Compatibility of this remote is wide. It is compatible with all TVs, LEDs, and LCDs.
- This remote can work at quite a distance from the operating device.
- The product doesn’t have a warranty.
- The description lacks an explanation of the connectivity type.
10. Tecvity Remote For In Digital Set-Top Box
It is a highly demanded remote on the list.
- This remote has built-in controls for new users to learn its use.
- The remote is easy to hold in hand and has a slim body.
- There are very few chances to receive a worn-out model. Each product passes a testing machine to authenticate its functionality.
- The plastic body is liable to break. The rubber keypad will wear out much faster.
- Its connectivity type is not clear, nor is the type of battery.
There is almost a replacement remote for every model of the Set-Top Box. Moreover, the range of compatibility a generic remote has is hard to find in an original remote. Still, one needs to take care of the original piece. It’s good to save the guidebooks that the manufacturers provide with electronics. They have the details of model numbers and the company’s contact for reference and advice respectively. Happy Shopping!
How do I control my setup box with a remote?
It’s an easy task. Some remotes don’t need pairing, they just start working once you insert the batteries in them. Others need pairing via a pairing code after which the remote starts working. Some manufacturers offer a learning mode for users too. This helps them to know their remote well.
Does any remote work on the set-top box?
It is incorrect to say that any remote would just pair and work with a Set-Top box. This device requires original or generic remotes that are specifically for operating them only.
What is the price of the set-top box remote?
The price of a Set-Top box is quite affordable. It ranges from ₹300 to ₹1000. If the remote is on offer, then the price ranges from ₹200 to ₹500. This range is not fixed. With time and updates, the ranges are liable to vary.