Scented candles are ideal for use in relieving stress. They can also be useful in giving rooms nice fragrances. Therefore they can serve as natural air fresheners. Other areas where these candles can be useful include aromatherapy and in various festivals. The festivals in question are the likes of Diwali, Christmas, New Year, wedding anniversaries, and Valentine’s Day. In restaurant settings, these candles can be used to create an impression of elegance. They can also be nice gifts to people who are newlywed, or to people who are opening newly built houses. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Candle Holders in India.
Top 10 Best Scented Candles in India
Features of Scented Candles
- One of the most important features of a scented candle is its fragrance.
- The type of fragrance it comes with, as well as the fragrance’s intensity, are key aspects.
- Another key feature is the candle’s wick quality.
- This determines whether or not the candle will be prone to producing smoke.
- Yet another key feature is the candle’s thickness.
- This goes a long way in determining how long the candle will be able to burn.
- The candle’s color also matters in some cases.
- It may determine how elegant the candle looks, and how suitable it is for use as a gift item.
Types of Scented Candles
- There are candles that come with a lavender scent.
- Then there are those that come with a vanilla scent.
- We also have others that come with floral scents, even as others have botanical scents.
- There are scented candles that come in bright, hot/warm colors.
- Then we have others that come in cooler, soothing colors.
- There are those that come in glass jars.
- Then there are those that come in ceramic jars.
How to use Scented Candles
- The first step is to identify an ideal spot within a room to light the candle from.
- The second step is to open the candle’s jar, in order to access it.
- The third step is to actually light up the candle.
- If you have previously lit it, you may need to trim the wick before relighting.
- The objective here would be to reduce smoke.
- Remember to take precautions while using these candles, to prevent fire hazards.
Buying guide for Scented Candles
- You need to start by asking yourself what you need the scented candle for.
- Is it for use in aromatherapy? Or is it for use in room air freshening? Is it for use as a gift item? Or is it for use in improving restaurant ambiance? The purpose for which you are buying will tell you what the best-scented candle to buy is.
- Ensure that the candle you ultimately buy has an appropriate fragrance, reasonable burning time, and elegance.
- Also ensure that the candle you buy has a good value for money proposition: considering its price against its quality.
List of Top 10 Best Scented Candles in India-Buyers Guide
1. MINISO Wax Scented Candle
The scent here is vanilla. Jar material is ceramic.
- Doesn’t produce black smoke
- Can give up to 36 hours burning time
- Price is quite low
- Some may find the color too cool
- The scent is delicate (and may sometimes be hard to detect)
2. DecDoor Mini Glass Jar Scented Candles
What you get here is a pack of 6 candles. Ideal for use in home décor.
- Wide variety of scents to choose from
- Colors are bright and invigorating
- Candle wax quality is high
- Glass jar requires delicate handling
- Some may find the candle size to be too modest
3. Divine Senses Wax Mini Jar Scented Candles
This is a pack of 6 candles. Ideal for use on special occasions and festivals.
- The wax is pure and refined
- Wick is lead-free
- Burning time is quite long
- Some may find the price to be slightly high
- May produce a bit of smoke
4. Winsome Decorative Lavender Scent Pillar Candle
The candle height is 7 cm. The pack has 5 candles.
- Burning time is between 10 and 12 hours
- Color is elegant
- Doesn’t produce much smoke
- Price may be somewhat high
- The fragrance is delicate (and may sometimes be overpowered by other surrounding smells)
5. First Row Wax Scented Pillar Candles
What you get here is a set of 3. These candles come complete with a tray.
- These are eco-friendly candles
- Suitable for use in stress relief
- Capable of burning all the way to the bottom (reducing wastage)
- Some may find the fragrance overwhelming
- Bottom wicks may require trimming
6. Shraddha Creation Rose Pillar & Floating Rose Wax Scent Candle
This is a pack of 10 candles. The scent is floral.
- The shapes are beautiful
- The candles don’t produce much smoke
- Wax seems to be of decent quality
- Burning time may be slightly modest
- Price may be out of reach for some
7. LightHaus Candles Wax Heart
What you get here is a total of 24 candles in a pack. The scent/aroma is that of roses.
- Burn time is longer than average
- Rose aroma is truly soothing
- Wicks are lead-free
- The total price may be too high for some
- Candle height is modest
8. Hosley Rustic Sandalwood Highly Scented Jar Candle
The pack has 6 tealights. The color is brown.
- The fragrance is highly soothing
- Price is quite low
- Candles come in elegant jars
- Some may find the burn time too modest
- Sandalwood scent can be a bit overwhelming in certain cases
9. The Philotree Bora Bora Scented Soy Candle
Comes in a glass jar. Burning time is 40 hours.
- These are soy wax (rather than the usual paraffin wax) candles
- Burning time is much longer than average
- This is a 100% vegan product
- Price may be on the higher side for some
- Packaging is quite basic
10. Song of India Lily of The Valley Soy Scent Candle
Comes in a glass jar. Weight is 200 grams.
- Gives up to 50 hours of burning time
- Has a strong soothing effect (hence suitable for aromatherapy use)
- The wick is lead-free
- Some may find the cost to be beyond the reach
- Glass jar requires careful handling (as it is somewhat delicate)
Scented candles can give you a soothing effect while also helping you improve your space’s ambiance. If you are shopping for good-quality scented candles, this guide will be helpful to you.
Which scented candles are best?
The best are those with good fragrances, which have long burning times and don’t produce smoke.
Are all scented candles toxic?
Most of the modern scented candles are made using paraffin wax which is not known to be particularly toxic.
What is the price of the scented candles?
Most are in the 200 to 550 rupees range (per pack).