Sanitary pads or menstrual pads are absorbent pads worn in the underwear when menstruating or bleeding after giving birth. Also, these pads help to prevent leakage and provide protection and comfort.
Women today are more involved in all walks of life than ever before. They work, they travel, they take care of their families, and much more. But being a woman, it is challenging to work and stay active when menstruating.
However, thanks to improved sanitary pads, women can now keep up with their daily errands without much trouble. Sanitary pads come with many advantages. Using sanitary pads is essential for hygiene and health. Also, check the buyers guide for adult diapers & Baby diapers in India.
In the current market, there is a huge variety of sanitary pads. Let us look at some of them and help you choose the right one.
Top 11 Best Sanitary Pads in India
Buyers Guide – Sanitary Pads
While selecting the sanitary pads, one must pay attention to the points below.
- The main thing you should consider while buying sanitary pads is its absorbent power.
- It should be able to absorb a large amount of blood within a short span.
- The blood seeped in must be locked-in in the middle of the pad thus preventing the chances of leaking.
Length and Flow
- The pads should be large and wide enough to fit comfortably.
- The blood flow is usually more at the beginning of periods, hence the napkin should be able to absorb it quickly.
- A longer pad can take care of that.
- The level of comfort is another essential quality one must pay attention to while choosing sanitary pads.
- Comfort usually depends on the type of material used to manufacture the pad.
Features to Keep in Mind While Choosing a Sanitary Pad
Regardless of brand, most sanitary napkins have some common features that provide comfort and hygiene.
- The main purpose of using sanitary napkins is to prevent leakage.
- Usually, a woman loses blood for 4-5 days while menstruating.
- Using a sanitary pad at this time will not only save you from embarrassing situations but also make you feel comfortable and confident.
- Another significant advantage of using sanitary napkins is that it helps to maintain hygiene.
- Changing pads regularly is essential to maintain cleanliness.
- Most of the sanitary pads prevent bad odour.
Types of Sanitary Pads
- The disposable sanitary pads are made for single-use only.
- Once the pad is used it must be discarded.
- Some pads can be reused after a proper wash.
- These kinds of sanitary pads are made with synthetic materials.
- These eco-friendly pads are easy to dispose of since they decompose naturally.
- Cloth pads are eco-friendly pads that can be washed and re-used.
- They also prevent odour.
How Does a Sanitary Pad Work?
- The sanitary pad works in a simple but effective way.
- It will prevent blood to leak and help to absorb the flow.
- The other benefit is that it helps in maintaining the hygiene by absorbing the blood in the pad itself.
- And the absorption of the blood will keep you dry and comfortable allowing you to carry out your normal activities without any problem.
List of Top 11 Best Sanitary Pads in India
1. Whisper Ultra Clean 44 Napkins Sanitary Pads for Women XL+ Size
Life is about living as you wish without caring about what society has to say about you. Hence, don’t compromise and live life to the fullest even while on your periods. These will provide protection and comfort, and help you carry on with your regular activities without hindrance.
- Whisper Sanitary Pads locks up to 100% odour and wetness
- It is 40% longer, therefore, provides more coverage
- A dry-weave cover helps to absorb blood within seconds
- There are many duplicate products available online hence buyer has to be careful while purchasing
2. Stayfree Ultra Thin Secure XL Dry Cover For Women With Wings
These pads come in an extra-long size to provide additional protection. Also, the pad has very thin, and you will not feel its presence.
- Stayfree Sanitary Pads comes with a dry cover feature
- Also, these are 50% thinner than the regular pads but provide 100% fluid lock
- Helps to prevent odour and keeps you fresh
- Individually packed pads are convenient for carrying with you when on the go
- It fails to provide comfort
3. Sofy Extra Long Antibacterial Sanitary Pads 54 Count
These anti bacteria pads come with comfortable dry covers that are gentle on your skin. It has a deep absorbent sheet which takes care of your worries.
- Sofy Sanitary Pads comes with a unique fragrance that lasts the entire day
- The advanced anti-bacteria sheets prevent leakages and keep you dry
- Also, the green natural ingredients sheet provides 99% protection against bacteria
- These pads are not meant for heavy flow
4. Admiria Perfumed Sanitary Pad
These pads come in an extra-large size with advanced gel technology. It has a dual cover, which provides double protection and quickly absorbs the blood.
- Admiria Perfumed Sanitary Pads offer comfort and dryness.
- The dual cover provides extra protection by quick absorption
- Also, the wings help keep the pad intact
- The sides don’t stick properly
5. VWash Wow Ultra Thin Sanitary Napkins in Extra Large 30 Count
This napkin provides ultimate protection during menstruation. The pads are comfortable and provide much-needed hygiene during periods.
- VWash Sanitary Pads made with stain-proof materials
- The dual absorbent core helps to absorb the liquid within a matter of seconds
- Dry weave cover provides a super-dry feel
- The material is a little harsh for sensitive skin
6. Dilency Sales Day Night Protection Extra Care Sanitary Pads Pack of 40 in XXL Size
These pads are specially made for night usage. Hence it protects for a longer time than regular pads. The double protection sheets prevent leaking.
- Dilency Sanitary Pads have extra care with the XXL size pads
- You can use the pads for heavy flow days as well
- The fresh fragrance helps get rid of the bad odour and keeps you fresh
- The fragrance may cause rashes
7. Nua Pack of 12 Sanitary Pads in XL+L+R
These come without any perfume or prints. The ultra-absorbent sheets will help you keep dry and prevents leaking.
- Nua Sanitary Pads are chemical-free and don’t have any fragrance hence you will not feel any skin irritation
- The pads come with convenient disposable covers
- Soft and comfortable pads
- Not effective during heavy flow days
8. Azah Organic Rash-free Sanitary Pads Box of 30 Pads in XL size with disposable bags
These pads are made with supreme quality cotton. You will not feel like you are wearing pads. The superabsorbent core can alone easily absorb over 150ml of flow.
- The top layer is made with the most exceptional quality of organic cotton
- It is an incredibly absorbent pad
- Comes with the individual disposable bags for easy disposal
- Even after having an excellent absorbing core, it fails to absorb quickly
9. Pee Safe Biodegradable Organic Cotton Sanitary Pack of 10
This is an entirely organic item that is made of natural bamboo pulp and organic cotton. To provide more safety and security to your skin, the cotton used in the pad is grown without using chemicals.
- Pee Safe Sanitary Pads are entirely organic and safe to use
- It is made of bamboo pulp which is 300% more absorbent than other wood pulp
- Also, it comes with a reusable box
- It tears very easily
10. Sirona Biodegradable Super Soft Natural Black Pads 10 Pieces in Large Size, Ultra Thin & Rash Free Protections
The pads are made with natural resources such as corn, sugarcane, straw bale, and cassava. These are paraben, toxic, and chlorine-free. And it is entirely biodegradable and natural.
- Sirona Sanitary Pads are biodegradable
- The natural carbon helps to provide a soft and comfortable feeling
- It prevents leakage and bad odour
- The price is high, and it is not entirely made with natural resources
11. Bella Maxi Sanitary Pads Soft Wings Classic 15 Pieces Pack of 2
These are made by a European company. They claim to be the only breathable pads in India.
- Bella Sanitary Pads are Soft and absorbent
- The long pad provides extra comfort during heavy flow days
- The napkins come without the wings which make uncomfortable for many people
Which sanitary pad is the best?
Whisper Ultra Clean Sanitary Pads are the best sanitary pads in India. It is extra-long in size and provides more comfort.
Which pad is best for periods?
Whisper Ultra Clean Pads provides more comfort and prevents leaks effectively.
How can I buy sanitary pads?
These pads are available in most stores in all parts of the country. Alternatively, you can order online.
Is Whisper Ultra harmful?
No, it works like any other sanitary pad.
Is it embarrassing to buy pads?
No, there should not be any embarrassment while buying sanitary pads. If you still feel shy, you can buy them online.
What is a fanny pad?
Fanny pads are soft, absorbent pads that come with or without wings.
How many pads should you use in a day during your periods?
It is recommended to change the pads at least once in 6 to 8 hours on a regular flow day. Hence, you need to use at least 3 to 4 pads a day.
Is it bad to wear a pad for 24 hours?
Yes, you need to change the pad at least once every 6 to 8 hours.
How many pads should a girl use in a day?
It depends on the flow. If the flow is more, it is recommended to change frequently.
Can you leave a pad on all night?
No, using a single pad for the entire night is not a good idea. You must change it once every 6 to 8 hours.