Sandalwood oil comes from sandalwood trees. Mostly, people use it in making cosmetics and perfumes. Some also use it during sacred religious rituals. In ancient times, people used sandalwood oil in medicine, some still use it in apothecary or homeopathy. The natural aroma of sandalwood has a very calming and soothing effect on the mind and helps improve brain health. People believe that it is good for the skin. Sandalwood oil is very good for the body as it helps reduce body aches and is mostly used as a massage oil.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Ganga Jal, Hawan Kund, Brass Idols, Ganesh Idols, pooja Mandir, Copper plates, cow dung cakes, Ganapati murti, Deepam Oil, Mustard Oil, Olive oil, Jaitun Oil, coconut oils, cold-pressed coconut oils, Linseed oil, Jasmine Oil, Badam Oil, Kumkumadi Oil, Bhringraj Oil, Geranium Oil, Amla Oil, Amla Powders, Amla Juices, Aloe Vera Oil, Mentha Oil in India.
Top 10 Best Quality Sandalwood Oils in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Sandalwood Oil
- Sandalwood oil comes from pure sandalwood extracts.
- The essential oil is very beneficial. It helps rejuvenate and repair the skin.
- Helps relax the mind and reduce stress.
- The oil is pretty good for the skin.
- It has many therapeutic properties, good for the treatment of diseases of the urinary tract.
- In traditional medicine, it was used as an antiseptic and much more.
Types of Sandalwood Oils
There are many types of sandalwood oil.
- It depends upon where the sandalwood belongs to.
- The Mysore region of India is very famous for its sandalwood.
- The sandalwood oil from here is very beneficial.
- Many aromatherapists use this.
- The aroma of the sandalwood oil has a woody feel to it, which is very soothing for the mind.
- Other types of sandalwood oil include New Caledonian Sandalwood, Australian Sandalwood essential oil, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil, etc.
Buyer’s Guide for Sandalwood Oil
- If you are buying pure sandalwood essential oil, check if the oil is 100% pure.
- There are many ways to check the purity, one of them is to put a drop on a piece of paper and let it rest for thirty to forty minutes, if it leaves a greasy residue then it is not pure.
- The second thing to consider is what kind of sandalwood you need.
- Always check the label to read the instructions, check if the contents suit you then buy it.
- Also, look at the price. Originally, sandalwood oil is an expensive product because the product is less than the usage.
- So, if you find a cheap oil product, it is more likely that it is not pure.
How to use Sandalwood Oil?
- An essential oil should be diluted first before use.
- Add 6 to 8 drops in a carrier oil or lotion for the skin and then you can apply it on the skin.
- It makes the skin silky smooth.
- It is put in an infuser to use as a perfume.
- Add a few drops in a carrier oil and use the sandalwood oil as a body massage oil.
- This relaxes the body and soothes the muscles.
- You can use the oil in skincare products, add a few drops of bathwater and take a bath.
- Sandalwood oil can be used in making candles as well.
- It is not edible. Do not consume it.
List of Top 10 Best Sandalwood Oils in India-Buyers Guide
1. Brown & White Herbal Sandalwood Oils (One-Drop Magic)
This product contains Carom, Linseeds, and Prunus dulcis extracts. This product is suitable for oral intake. It is good for wellness. Just one drop is enough for a healthy supplement.
- The product is 100% organic.
- This Brown & White oil is good for skincare.
- The sandalwood is good for overall wellness.
- Some people find the smell too strong.
- It may not be suitable for everyone. Check if it is suitable for you before use.
2. Old Tree Sandalwood Oil
This Old Tree oil has therapeutic properties and people mostly use it as a skincare product. This is purely an organic product.
- This Old tree oil is very good for skincare and aromatherapy.
- The fragrance is sweet and pleasant.
- The oil is good for massaging.
- Dilute it before use with some carrier oil e.g. jojoba or coconut oil.
- This is alcohol-based.
3. Ayurvedic Sandalwood Massage Oils
This Ayurvedic Oil is herbal massage oil. It is free of mineral oil. This is very good for the body and skin. The product is WHO certified. Apply gently to the body and massage in an inward and upward motion. Then take a bath with warm water.
- Ayurvedic Chandan oil makes the skin smooth and silky.
- Herbal massage eases the nerves and relaxes the mind.
- This is good for removing body aches.
- Some people may not like the smell.
- Though it can be used on the face, first check by applying it to a small part. If it irritates then rinse with cold water.
4. Sandalwood Essential Oils (Chandan Oil)
This chandan oil is a pure organic oil that comes from sandalwood extracts. It is in its undiluted natural form. Use it with some lotion or other oils to get the desired result. You can use it to make your body care products.
- It repairs and rejuvenates the skin, uses it with some carrier oil or a lotion, and then applies it to the skin.
- Use a diffuser, it helps calm and relaxes the mind. The oil can act as a perfume it puts into an infuser.
- It has a long shelf life.
- Do not use it without diluting it.
- A bit expensive.
5. Kesar Sandalwood Diya Oils for Puja
This Kesar chandan oil is a deepam oil. It has its spiritual significance. This is a purely organic product with no alcohol.
- Has a very beautiful and present fragrance.
- It is a natural aromatizer and makes the mind relax.
- Good for use in the altar to light Diyas.
- Better for earthen diyas only.
- It may cause some allergic reactions.
6. AromSoul 100 % Natural and Pure Therapeutic Grade Sandalwood Essential Oils
This Aromsoul chandan oil contains pure organic sandalwood oil. It has a woody scent, which creates a soothing environment.
- It can be a perfume, dilute 6-8 drops is sandalwood oil in a carrier oil then apply it on the wrists for fragrance, this can be applied on the skin as well. It is very good for your skin.
- Use it in a diffuser, the fragrant aroma helps reduce stress.
- Add it in some carrier oil and massage the body, sandalwood oil is very relaxing for the body and helps reduce body ache.
- Do not use it without diluting it first.
- Not good for pregnant women.
7. Omorose Sandalwood Essential Oils
This product is very beneficial.
- The Khadi Omorose oil relaxes and soothes the body.
- It can be a good deodorant or room spray, mix 10 to 20 drops in water and spray across the room.
- Use as aromatherapy, reduces stress and calms the mind.
- Do not use it for pregnant women
- Use after diluting it. Use a carrier oil e.g. almond oil.
8. Sandalwood (Chandan) Essential Oils
This sandalwood oil is pure and undiluted. This oil is used as an anti-aging skincare product.
- This makes skin beautiful, flawless, and clean. It repairs skin damage and prevents skin aging. Also works on reducing wrinkles; use it with a carrier oil.
- Very good for hair; mix 2-3 drops of oil in any carrier oil and then massage the hair, it prevents dryness.
- Relieves stress and over tension.
- Keep away from the flame.
- May not be suitable for all kinds of skin types.
9. Aroma Magic Sandalwood Essential Oils
This Blossom Kochhar aroma magic oil can be used as an antiseptic and aphrodisiac.
- It reduces stress and calms the nerves.
- Soothes the red skin and inflammation.
- It moisturizes the skin.
- Dilute it first before use.
- May not work properly in a diffuser.
10. Sandalwood Edible Oils Chandan Ka Tail 5 ml
This Dabur chandan oil is edible. This is 100% pure.
- You can consume it.
- It is good for weight loss.
- Good for hair.
- It is quite expensive.
- Beware of the duplicate product.
Sandalwood essential oil is expensive but it is very beneficial, if used properly then it can be good for the skin and body. At the same time, it is very good for the mind as well.
What is sandalwood oil good for?
It is very beneficial, and good for the skin and body. The sandalwood oil relaxes the mind and repairs the skin damage. And it is very helpful in treating diseases related to the urinary tract.
Can sandalwood oil be used directly on the skin?
No, it will cause irritation and a burning sensation. Dilute it first with a carrier oil like almond oil then use it on the skin.
Why is sandalwood essential oil so expensive?
It is expensive because the production is less than the usage. The sandalwood trees are decreasing, that’s why sandalwood oil is expensive.