A safety jacket or vest is a piece of clothing with a reflective strip on it that bounces light. This is meant to make the wearer visible in certain areas or times of the day of low visibility. Workers who use these vests include construction workers, road workers, law enforcement, traffic controllers, and cyclists. The jacket prevents accidents, especially around roads, and allows pedestrians to see them from a distance.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Safety Belt, safety goggles, safety gloves, boots for men, nonmarking shoes, Sports Jackets, waterproof jackets, Biker Jackets, winter jackets, winter jackets for boys, winter jackets for Girls, Half Jackets, Puma Jackets, sports jackets, sweaters for Men, Sweaters for women, sweatshirts for women, sweatshirts for men, cardigans for Men, Cardigan for women, winter gloves, winter bedsheets, stockings for winter, winter slippers, winter nightsuits, winter creams, winter shoes, winter caps for women, winter blankets, Woolen tops for Girls, Tracksuit for boys in India.
Top 10 Best Safety Jackets in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Safety Jacket
- Safety jackets have reflective strips on them.
- These strips reflect light, allowing the wearer to be visible to others.
- They also come in bright colors to increase visibility.
- Darker colors help to avoid contrast with the strips.
- They have pockets to keep tools for the work.
- Safety vests usually have adjustable buckles.
- This is to properly adjust the size of the vest to fit the user properly.
Types of Safety Jackets
- There are types O, R, P, and classes 1, 2, and 3.
- The classes represent the level of reflectivity needed on the vest.
- Class 1 has the lowest level and class 3 has the highest.
- Type O uses class 1 which is for non-roadway occupational use.
- Type R uses classes 2 and 3 for roadway occupation.
- Type P is for first responders and law enforcement.
- It uses classes 2 and 3.
How to use Safety Jacket?
- A safety jacket wears as any normal clothing.
- Some come with buckles, zippers, or adjustable straps meant to fit the size of the wearer.
- Once put on, simply zip up or adjust the straps to ensure it is properly fitted and comfortable.
- Ensure it’s neither oversized nor too tight.
- A tight vest becomes too uncomfortable for the user.
- An oversized vest can get caught or snagged in something.
Buyers Guide for Safety Jacket
- Ensure that the safety jacket or vest is of the right class and type.
- The reflective strips on them must also properly reflect light and make the wearer visible.
- Lastly, ensure that it is the right size for those intended to use it.
- Or that it is of the adjustable design.
- With these in place, it is up to the brand and price to pick the right one for the task.
List of Top 10 Best Safety Jackets in India-Buyers Guide
1. Club Twenty-One Workwear Men’s Polyester Reflective Safety Jacket
A Highly visible Grey reflective jacket made of quality polyester. It has multiple pockets and an id card holder. With round collar type, front jacket zip closure, and adjustable strap. Used for traffic, cycling, and construction.
- The reflective strips are highly visible in dark backgrounds
- very comfortable
- good stitching and finish
- The zips, straps, and material are of low quality
- The material goes out of form with the number of things placed in the pockets
2. Source India Safari Pro 2′ Inch Reflective Safety Jacket
Green-colored polyester v-neck vest made in India. It has multiple reflective straps, bright colors and solid polyester make. It is a quality safety vest for various work fields. This can be used on construction sites or road works and for night work. It comes in a set of 5 vests for a unit of workers. This makes it very cost-effective.
- It is visible in the close or mid-range distance
- It has a very good overall quality the product
- Good value for the price
- It has bad quality in the materials used
- The size is small for people of big or tall sizes
3. VRITRAZ Polyester Reflective High Visibility Neon Waistcoat
V neck polyester lightweight material. Used in construction baggage, security, traffic control, sanitation, railroad, and paving. It has a light material make and a front zipper for easy use. This reduces the risk of accidental collision by increasing the distance at which the wearer is seen at night or in bad weather.
- It has multifunctional pockets for pens, mic, tape, ID cards, and mobile phones.
- It is very comfortable, durable, and lightweight
- It is excellent for night work and movement
- The jacket is a bit heavy
- It has bad quality in the material and stitching
4. Aktion Safety Jacket AK-601 Cloth
Made by Aktion safety which is a certified company for road safety equipment. It has a bright orange color, PVC reflective strips, and multiple vests in one package. This premium package can cater to an entire team of workers. It is very cost-effective.
- It is very comfortable and lightweight
- It has an excellent reflective quality
- It comes in good sizes for various users
- It has very poor-quality material
- This is bad value for money
5. Jilani Adult Safety Life Jacket Vest
This is a safety jacket for adults. It has light materials and water-resistant polyester. It is lightweight for comfort and bright for easier visibility. It’s polyester outer shell has enclosed foam for better buoyancy in water. It has a weight capacity of up to 75kg.
- It is lightweight and comfortable to use
- It has enclosed foam for buoyancy in the water
- It has bright colors for easy visibility
- This is not of good quality
- It comes apart in hazardous environments
6. TALLIN Polyester Safety Life Jacket
A Standard-sized polyester multicolored safety life jacket. Made of polyester and polypropylene. With an open-sided design, adjustable straps for easy size adjustability. Made for swimming so is waterproof. Meant for water skiing, canoeing, and other water activities.
- It has three quick-release buckles for quick removal or putting on
- It has bright colors for easy visibility
- This is good quality for money
- It has an all-round bad quality in material, finishing, adjustable parts, and colors
- This product is meant for experts, not beginners
7. Fabtec Reflective 2 PVC Safety Jacket Orange Fabric Type (Set of 10)
This is a FABTEC that produced a pack of 10 safety jackets. Made of cotton, with 3 reflective strips and bright orange color for easy visibility. The numbers fit a lot of workers at one purchase. this makes it very cost-effective and good for uniformity for groups of workers.
- It has a good net jacket with a cotton base
- It comes with multiple jackets in one set
- Good value for money
- The material is not very durable
- Dull basic design
8. WeighTAJ High Visibility Reflective Safety Zipper Jacket
It is a green safety vest made of polyester fabric. It has 2 grey reflectors, and extra pockets for tools, devices, and mobile phones.
- Durable and breathable comfortable material
- Multiple grey reflective strips for both day and night visibility
- Good price for the product
- The front zipper is of low quality and easy malfunctions
- It comes with a universal size that does not fit all users
9. WeighTAJ High Visibility Reflective Safety Zipper Polyester Fabric Jacket
This is a lightweight polyester safety jacket. It comes in quality fluorescent yellow and orange. With 2 vertical and horizontal reflective strips for light reflection. It is used for construction, roadside emergency, surveyors, and cycles.
- Durable, breathable, and very comfortable build and feel
- Horizontal and vertical double reflective strips for excellent visibility
- Multiple pockets for extra tools and devices
- The front zip doesn’t work well
- The one size offered does not fit all users
10. Superb Uniforms & Workwear Outdoor vest jacket
This is a multipurpose high visibility vest. Made with mesh and 100% cotton. It has 2 flap pockets with a velcro closer, double fine lock stitch, and YKK heavy-duty zipper. Universal in design so it can be used as a safety, photographer, or hotel jacket.
- Very comfortable to wear for long periods
- Round quality in material and addons
- High durability
- Comes only in large size
- Very expensive
What is the use of a safety jacket?
Safety jackets are reflective jackets used for easy visibility. It does this by reflecting light on strips sewn into the vest or jacket. Used by workers in particular public fields in areas of low visibility. These users include construction workers, traffic controllers, law enforcement, and emergency responders. The reflective strips and bright colors are meant to stand out. This makes the wearer visible at night or in environments where visibility is low.
which is the best safety jacket?
Safety jackets are of different types. From striped reflective jackets to inflatable life jackets. The make, quality, size, adjustability, field targeted as well as price, determines the best pick for each user. The level or type of the vest also determines which is best. This is because different people need vests of various types and classes.
what is the price of the safety jacket?
The price ranges between 325 to 1471 rupees. This is dependent on the brand, type, make and purpose. Some vests on the list are simple safety vests. Others are life jackets used for water activities. This also determines the price and purpose of purchase.
The safety jacket is a piece of essential safety equipment for those who work in public places with low visibility. From simple construction work to traffic control to emergency responders and law enforcement. The vest caters to the safety of users in multiple fields. With the inclusion of life jackets, their use expands to keep swimmers afloat and alive. Sold at affordable prices it is easily accessible for easy use.