While riding your Royal Enfield motorbike (or indeed any other motorbike), there is always the risk of a mishap. In most motorcycle mishaps, it is the riders’ legs that tend to suffer the worst impact. To deal with this situation, motorcycle leg guards – including the Royal Enfield leg guards in question here – were developed.
In case of a crash, the leg guards absorb most of the impact. Besides protecting your legs, the guards can also offer some protection to the motorbike’s body and engine. Good leg guards can also help increase the aesthetic appeal of your Royal Enfield motorbike.
Top 10 Best Royal Enfield Leg Guards in India
Features of a Royal Enfield Leg Guard
- The most important feature in Royal Enfield leg guards is the sturdiness.
- The Royal Enfield leg guards should be strong and sturdy enough to withstand any crash/fall without bending.
- Another important feature in Royal Enfield leg guards is mounting hardware quality.
- This determines how easy it will be to fit the leg guards on the motorbike.
- Yet another important feature in Royal Enfield leg guards are shock absorption capability.
- The aesthetic design of the leg guard matters too.
- The last thing you want is a leg guard that makes your Royal Enfield look like some cheap local contraption.
Types of Royal Enfield Leg Guards
- There are Royal Enfield leg guards that are made from cast iron. Then there are those that are made from other metals.
- The cast-iron Royal Enfield leg guards tend to have better performance. But they are often costlier.
- There are Royal Enfield leg guards that are waterproof. Then there are those that lack waterproof capability.
- The waterproof Royal Enfield leg guards are usually better.
- We have some leg guards that are compatible with a wide array of Royal Enfield bikes.
- Then we have others that are only compatible with (few) specific Royal Enfield bike models.
- Some Royal Enfield leg guards have practical designs, with no consideration whatsoever for aesthetic appeal.
- Others combine practicality with aesthetic appeal.
How to use a Royal Enfield Leg Guard
- You first need to unwrap the Royal Enfield leg guard package.
- Usually, the package has several components, including the actual leg guard and its mounting hardware.
- Ensure that all components are there, as per the indication on the package.
- The next step is to install the Royal Enfield leg guard mounting hardware on the motorbike.
- Identify the appropriate spot to place the leg guard, then ‘lay the foundation’ for the guard by installing the mounting hardware.
- After installing the mounting hardware, you may need to secure it into place.
- You then need to fit the leg guard into the mounting hardware. Adjust it, until you get the right fit.
- Then secure it into place (using nuts and bolts), to complete the installation.
Buying guide for Royal Enfield Leg Guard
- There is one key question you need to ask yourself before buying any Royal Enfield leg guard: is it compatible? Only buy a leg guard that is compatible with your motorbike.
- Another important question is on how easy it is to install the Royal Enfield leg guard you wish to buy.
- To answer this question, look at the leg guard’s design. It should give an indication of how easy the leg guard is to install.
- Further, check whether the vendor provides all the necessary installation components.
- Those should include the bolts and nuts for the actual leg guard and for the bottom section.
- Consider the Royal Enfield leg guard price. Compare online prices with those on offer in local stores.
- Then make a wise decision on whether to buy the Royal Enfield leg guard online or in a local store.
- Also, check the buyer’s guide for Helmet Cameras, Helmets for Men & Helmets for Women in India.
List of Top 10 Best Royal Enfield Leg Guards in India-Buyers Guide
1. All Extreme Heavy Duty Leg Crash Guard For Royal Enfield
AllExtreme’s particular leg guard is compatible with Royal Enfield Bullet, Electra, and Standard models. It is reasonably heavy and sturdy.
- Price is quite low
- Leg guard is truly waterproof
- Installation is quite easy
- You may have to buy some installation components separately
- Appearance is quite basic
2. Wheetoykart Airfly Leg Guard
What you get here is a strong leg guard, with rope all around it. It is compatible with many Royal Enfield models.
- Enhances bike’s beauty
- Offers some protection to the motorbike as well (besides the rider’s legs)
- Installation doesn’t involve any welding or breezing
- Price is relatively high
- Some may feel that weight is not adequately huge
3. AllExtreme Heavy Duty Metal Leg Guard
This leg guard comes with high-rise sidebars. It has good shockproof capability.
- The main material is die-cast iron
- Works with many Royal Enfield bike models
- It has the waterproof capability
- Installation requires a bit of time
- Some may find the price quite high
4. R.J.VON Safety Leg Crash Guard
R.J.VON crash guard is a simple-looking yet effective leg guard. Its entire length has black rope wrapping for greater protection.
- Comes in ready to use the form with all components
- Price is mostly on the lower side
- Weight is at 3 kg
- Doesn’t enhance the bike’s beauty greatly
- The rope in which it is wrapped may eventually wear out
5. SGTB Leg Guard for Royal Enfield
SGTB leg guard has a very unique shape. It is capable of absorbing almost any level of shock.
- Has a truly stylish look
- Compatible with a wide array of Royal Enfield bikes
- Installation doesn’t take much time
- Weight may not be impressive to all
- the product doesn’t come with much warranty
6. Bigzoom Present Single Rod Leg Guard
Here is one of the leg guards with the highest aesthetic appeal. It is also one of the most affordable.
- Price is low enough
- Finishing is excellent (for greater beauty)
- Also offers some protection to the bike body (on top of the rider’s legs)
- It may be incompatible with many models
- Installation is best done by expert
7. Trustway LG-04 Front Leg Guard
Trustway Leg Guard is one of the bigger (and heavier) leg guards. Its price is also within most people’s reach.
- The leg guard is quite strong
- Installation takes less time
- Price is reasonably low
- Some may feel that it interferes with the bike’s appearance
- Only offers little protection to the bike’s body
8. R.J.VON Stylist Safety Leg Guard
What you get here is a low-cost yet stylish leg guard. Works with a wide variety of Royal Enfield bike models.
- Offers good back leg protection
- Very stylish look
- Quite an affordable price
- May have compatibility issues with newer bike models
- Some may find the weight wanting
9. KW Black Rope Wrapped Leg Crash Guard
KW Black rope wrapped leg guard is a good-looking, easy-to-install leg guard. Works well with newer and older Royal Enfield bike models.
- The leg guard’s design is robust
- It enhances bike appearance
- Many will find it heavy enough
- Figuring out how to install can take time
- The wrapping rope is prone to wearing out
10. Meenu Arts Front Leg Safety Guard
Here is one of the easiest to install (and remove) leg guards. Also makes the bike look more masculine.
- Protects both the rider’s legs and the bike body
- Installation requires very little time
- Compatible with almost all Royal Enfield bikes
- Some may find it somewhat light
- The wrapping rope can be hard to replace when it wears out
A good Royal Enfield leg guard can protect your legs and your bike’s a body/engine in case of a mishap. This guide helps you in identifying and buying a proper Royal Enfield leg guard in India.
Which is the best leg guard for Royal Enfield?
The best leg guard for Royal Enfield is one that is sturdy and easy to install. It should also be compatible with the targeted model, and nice looking.
What is the price of the Royal Enfield leg guard?
Royal Enfield leg guard price is in the 700 to 2,000 rupees range, depending on quality.