Best roti makers are perfect and must-have home appliances for families & hotels. It saves considerable time and effort needed for making Rotis. Due to a highly hectic work schedule, most people hardly have the time left to make Rotis.
Women have started working in urban India which makes it difficult for them to return back from work and make roti for their families. Roti makers are affordable home appliances that make the work of women very easy. Also, go through the buyers guide for the best Bread Toasters, Sandwich makers, pizza makers, and Dough Makers in India
The current article provides detailed insights into the need for roti makers in India and its working principle. It also provides tips for buying the perfect roti maker for your home and details the best brand of roti makers in India.
Top 6 Best Roti Makers in India-Buyers Guide
Buyers Guide – Roti Maker
Roti makers can be used by bachelors living away from their homes to cook delicious and fluffy roti just like their home. Buying roti makers of reputed brands ensure that you will be bringing home a good quality product. Cheap and locally made roti makers may be cheaper but they will most likely be of inferior quality.
You should consider the following before buying the ideal roti maker for yourself:
Size and Weight
- Roti makers should be compact and lightweight. Most of the roti makers available in the market come in a compact form factor.
- You should ensure to buy the roti maker which has the least weight.
- It will become difficult to manage heavy and bulky roti makers in the kitchen on a daily basis hence, a lightweight roti maker should always be preferred.
- You should check the power consumption of the roti maker before purchasing it.
- Typically, a roti maker will consume nearly 800-900 watts of power with a voltage of 200-250 Volts.
- This will be sufficient for most consumers even if they are using it for heavy-duty.
- The roti maker should ideally come with two different indicators- a power-on indicator and a ready indicator.
- The power-on indicator denotes that the roti maker is plugged in and is switched on.
- When such separate indicators are provided with the roti maker, it becomes easier for you to understand its functioning and get the best results from it.
- The ready indicator signifies that the roti maker has reached an optimum temperature and is ready for making Rotis.
- It is important to check and be assured of the quality of the roti maker before making the buying decision.
- Since you will be using the roti maker almost daily for long time periods, you should not compromise on the quality and try to buy the best quality roti maker available in your budget.
- It is recommended to spend a little extra but prefers a good quality roti maker instead of buying an inferior quality product which is cheaper.
- You should always purchase a branded roti maker.
- Before you decide to purchase the roti maker of a particular brand, you should also check if they have their service centers in your location or not.
- As they can service your roti maker in case of any technical issues.
- You will end up getting into frequent troubles due to buying cheaper and non-branded roti makers.
- Warranty is also an important consideration before buying a roti maker.
- You should prefer brands that provide at least 1-2 years of warranty on their roti makers.
- Roti makers which carry a warranty are indicative of the good quality and are likely to last longer with fewer technical faults during regular usage.
- You should compare the cost of roti makers of all brands available in your location.
- Expect to get a good roti maker in the price range of Rs 1,500-3,000.
- You can also check for discounts or any offers being provided by the dealers.
- If a particular brand that you wish to buy is unavailable in your location, you can buy it online also.
Types of Roti Makers
You need to check the major types of roti makers first in order to choose the proper one according to your requirements. These are mainly two types that are mentioned below.
Electric Roti Maker
- These are widely used by many housewives and hotels.
- The best part is we can electric roti makers not only make rots but also we can make khakhras or parathas.
- And these are helpful for those who don’t know the process of roti making.
Non-Electric Roti Maker
- These are taking a lot of time compared to electric ones.
- You need to manually make the Rotis by hand. Also, you need to have knowledge of roti making well.
How to Make Delicious Rotis with Roti Maker?
You need to know the process of roti making and how the roti maker’s working mechanism. Also, you can easily make the perfect sized and fresh rotis or chapatis with the help of these machines.
Just follow the below-mentioned steps to make delicious rotis with your roti maker:
1. Making the Dough
- The first step towards making roti is to knead your dough. Start by sieving the flour to remove any coarse particles from it.
- Add salt and water to the sieved flour and start making a dough.
- You can also add ghee/butter/oil to make the dough softer.
- This will also lend a better taste to the roti.
- You should knead the dough thoroughly to ensure it is soft and non-sticky.
2. Leave the Dough to Rest
- After kneading the dough, you should leave it to rest for 30 minutes- 1 hour.
- This will make the dough softer and help to make fluffier roti.
- When the dough is rested, gluten strands will form in the dough which will make the roti softer.
3. Make Small Balls from the Dough
- Once the dough is rested for the stipulated time, you can start making small balls from it for making your Rotis.
- To ensure that the smoother and better-tasting Rotis, you can use a small quantity of oil while making dough balls.
- You should not mix the oil in the dough, rather you should only grease your hands with the oil before making the dough balls.
- The oil on the surface will distribute the heat evenly and make delicious Rotis.
- It will also prevent the dough from sticking to your hands while making dough balls.
4. Plugin the Roti Maker
- Once the dough balls are made, you should plug in the roti maker and set the maximum temperature.
- The roti maker’s indicator light will turn on upon reaching the ideal temperature for making the roti.
- Once it is turned on, you are ready to make delicious roti in it.
5. Put the Flatten Dough Balls in the Roti Maker
- You should flatten the dough balls and put in inside the roti maker and close the handle so that it gets even.
- Then gently press the top and then the handle to flatten the dough evenly and then open it immediately.
- Allow the roti to cook for a few seconds. Once you observe bubbles forming on it, flip the roti to cook it evenly on both sides.
- You will see the roti fluff on its own. In case it does not fluff, then close the lid tightly to make it fluff.
Why do You Need a Roti Maker in Your House?
Roti maker is becoming a common home appliance in India these days. Many family members now live in different places due to work and hence find it difficult to get homemade Rotis.
Working women also find it difficult to balance their work and domestic life due to hectic work schedules. Roti makers are ideal for such Indian families. It can also provide a much-needed break and rest for the women in the family from their strenuous kitchen work routines.
How Does a Roti Maker Works?
Roti maker is a handy electrical appliance that makes soft and delicious Rotis. Keep in mind that you can easily make soft and perfect rotis with the help of instructions of roti making machine.
- Roti makers have a non-stick surface which prevents the dough from sticking to it.
- It works on the principle of heat and pressure.
- Small dough balls are made and placed inside the roti maker and the lid is pressed tightly against it.
- When the pressure is applied by closing the lid, it makes the dough ball flat and of a uniform round shape.
- The roti is then cooked by heat just like cooking it on a traditional gas stove.
- There are different roti makers in the market for the specific needs of the customers.
List of Top 6 Roti Makers online in India
Below is the list of the best air purifiers in India different brands and types of roti makers available in the Indian market. Most customers find it difficult to buy the ideal roti maker for themselves due to a lack of technical features and specifications.
Some of the best roti makers available in India are discussed below:
1. Pigeon 12376 Roti Maker by Stovekraft
This is made by the brand Pigeon. And it’s a thoughtful roti maker that is ideal for Indian customers. It comes with some salient features like non-stick coating, fast heating, etc. This product comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Pigeon Roti Maker cooking plates are made with a high-quality food-grade non-stick coating that provides you uniform heating in lesser time for making perfect roti.
- It comes with a vertical storage feature which means you can put it vertically in any available space.
- Also, it comes with power on and ready indicators which makes it very easy to use.
- This is very helpful in small kitchens with lesser storage space.
- You can use this maker for making chapati as well as khakras
- The pigeon electric roti maker has a strong and sturdy base which provides good support to the roti maker while using it.
2. Prestige PRM 5.0 Roti or Chapati or Khakra Maker with 900 Watts
This roti maker from Prestige is an excellent all-around product. The cooking plate of this maker has a unique granite spatter coating which is highly durable and provides you with a non-stick performance.
- It is a multi-purpose electric roti maker which in addition to rotis, allows you to make omelets, pancakes, thepla, uthappam, etc.
- Prestige Roti Maker made with a stainless-steel body which makes it very durable and also shock-resistant.
- The cooking plate comes with a unique concave shape with elevated edges. This ensures that the roti stays in the middle which makes flipping easier.
- This feature is particularly handy while making omelets or pancakes as it prevents the ingredients from flowing out.
- It comes with a power switch indicator and the ready indicator also which denotes when it is ready for making Rotis.
- You will get a 1-year of warranty on this product.
3. Bajaj Vacco® C-02 Go-EZZEE 900 W Roti or Chapati or Khakra Maker
The Bajaj brand is a premium roti maker available in the market with the best features. This is a multi-purpose roti maker and in addition to the regular roti, you can also make parathas, khakhras, and papad.
- Bajaj Vacco Roti Maker is made from a high gauge stainless-steel body that is rust-free, highly durable, and shock-resistant.
- It comes with the automatic cut-off feature & this helps to make fluffy and nice light rotis.
- Also, it comes with a power-on indicator which makes it easier to use.
- This has a food-grade non-stick coating on the cooking plate which ensures that rotis come out easily without sticking on the plate.
- Bajaj electric roti maker used as chapati maker, Khakra maker
- You will get a 1-year of warranty on this product too
4. Sunflame RM Roti Maker 900-Watt
The Sunflame brand is a compact and feature-packed roti maker designed for the Indian market. This product comes with a warranty of 2-years from the date of order.
- Sunflame RM Roti Maker made with food-grade & non-stick coating cooking plate that makes cooking roti easier.
- This feature also makes it very convenient for you to clean the roti maker after cooking.
- The has uniform heating which prepares soft and delicious roti.
- It comes with a high-quality thermostat for your safety.
- This roti maker from Sunflame supports oil-free cooking and is very easy to clean and maintain.
- There is a power-on indicator on the bottom which lets you know when the roti maker is switched on.
5. iBELL 1000 Watt Roti & Chapati Maker MCM1001 Non-Stick
The iBell electric roti maker is a basic and effective appliance for making soft and delicious Rotis. iBell brand gives you a 1-year warranty + 1 Year Addition online registration on this product.
- iBell Roti Maker plates are made with a non-stick coating that eliminates the need of using oil for cooking.
- This roti maker is sturdy and shock-proof which makes this product durable and protects it from voltage fluctuations, which is a common feature in many parts of India.
- You can make Rotis in with this in under one minute.
- This has a dual heating feature that heats it up quickly and provides uniform heating and temperature for making the perfect Rotis.
- It comes with a neon light indicator that lets you know if your Rotis are ready or not.
6. Eveready 900-Watt RM1001 Roti Maker in Black
In India, Eveready has become a very trusted brand. Their products are always designed to provide the best utility to the Indian consumer. This roti maker from Eveready comes with 2 years warranty.
- Eveready Electric Roti Maker made from dual coating elements that provide uniform heating.
- It comes with a wider base of 17.78 cm which means that you can not only make roti but uthappam and thepla also in it.
- Also, it comes with a switch on and ready-to-use indicator that helps you to know when it is ready for making roti.
- This has a food-grade premium non-stick coating which ensures ease and safety while making roti.
- The roti maker has a built-in thermostat and is also shockproof.
Finally, you have successfully reviewed the Top 6 Best Roti Makers available online. So, it should be easy for you to determine which one best suits your requirements. The quality always guarantees the usage of the product.
First of all, you need to check the features of the most popular roti maker online before purchase. Above all options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the roti makers along with valuable benefits.