Top Roti Maker in India
Introduction: What is a Roti Maker?
Due to a highly hectic work schedule, most people hardly have the time left to make rotis. Women have started working in urban India which makes it difficult for them to return back from work and make roti for their family. For such families, a roti maker is a perfect and must-have home appliance. It saves considerable time and efforts needed for making rotis. Roti makers can also be used by bachelors living away from their home to cook delicious and fluffy roti just like their home. Roti makers are affordable home appliance which makes the work of women very easy. The current article provides detailed insights into the need of roti makers in India and its working principle. It also provides tips for buying the perfect roti maker for your home and details the best brand of roti makers in India.
Table of Content:
Why do You Need a Roti Maker in Your House?
- How a Roti Maker Works?
- Considerations for Buying Roti Maker
- Size and Weight
- Power Consumption
- Ready Indicators
- Brand Reputation
How to Make Delicious Rotis with Roti Maker?
- Making the Dough
- Leave the Dough to Rest
- Make Small Balls from the Dough
- Plug in the Roti Maker
- Put the Flatten Dough Balls in the Roti Maker
Types of Roti Maker
Best Roti Makers Available in India
- Pigeon 12376 Roti Maker
- Prestige PRM 5.0
- Bajaj Vacco “Go-EZZEE”
- Sunflame RM1
- iBELL MCM1001 Electric Roti & Chapati Maker Non-Stick 1000 Watt
- Eveready Nayan RM 1001
Why do You Need a Roti Maker in Your House?
Roti maker is becoming a common home appliance in India these days. Many family members now live in different places due to work and hence find it difficult to get homemade rotis. Working women also find it difficult to balance their work and domestic life due to hectic work schedules. Roti makers are ideal for such Indian families. It can also provide a much-needed break and rest for the women in the family from their strenuous kitchen work routines.
How a Roti Maker Works?
Roti maker is a handy electrical appliance which makes soft and delicious rotis. It works on the principle of heat and pressure. Small dough balls are made and placed inside the roti maker and the lid is pressed tightly against it. When the pressure is applied by closing the lid, it makes the dough ball flat and of a uniform round shape. The roti is then cooked by heat just like cooking it on a traditional gas stove. Roti makers have non-stick surface which prevents the dough from sticking to it. There are different roti makers in the market for the specific needs of the customers.
Considerations for Buying Roti Maker
You should consider the following before buying the ideal roti maker for yourself:
Size and Weight
Roti maker should be compact and lightweight. Most of the roti makers available in the market come in a compact form factor. You should ensure to buy the roti maker which has the least weight. It will become difficult to manage heavy and bulky roti makers in the kitchen on a daily basis hence, a lightweight roti maker should always be preferred.
You should check the power consumption of the roti maker before purchasing it. Typically, a roti maker that will consume nearly 800-900 watts of power with a voltage of 200-250 Volts will be sufficient for most consumers even if they are using it for heavy duty.
The roti maker should ideally come with two different indicators- power on indicator and a ready indicator. The power on indicator denotes that the roti maker is plugged in and is switched on. The ready indicator signifies that the roti maker has reached an optimum temperature and is ready for making rotis. When such separate indicators are provided with the roti maker, it becomes easier for you to understand its functioning and get the best results from it.
It is important to check and be assured of the quality of the roti maker before making the buying decision. Since you will be using the roti maker almost daily for long time periods, you should not compromise on the quality and try to buy the best quality roti maker available in your budget. It is recommended to spend a little extra but prefers a good quality roti maker instead of buying an inferior quality product which is cheaper.
You should always purchase a branded roti maker. Buying roti makers of reputed brands ensure that you will be bringing home a good quality product. Cheap and local made roti makers may be cheaper but they will most likely be of inferior quality. You will end up getting into frequent troubles due to buying cheaper and non-branded roti makers. Before you decide to purchase roti maker of a particular brand, you should also check if they have their service centers in your location as they can service your roti maker in case of any technical issues.
Warranty is also an important consideration before buying a roti maker. You should prefer brands which provide at least 1-2 years of warranty on their roti makers. Roti makers which carry warranty are indicative of the good quality and are likely to last longer with fewer technical faults during regular usage.
You should compare the cost of roti makers of all brands available in your location. Expect to get a good roti maker in the price range of Rs 1,500-3,000. You can also check for discounts or any offers being provided by the dealers. If a particular brand which you wish to buy is unavailable in your location, you can buy it online also.
How to Make Delicious Rotis with Roti Maker?
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to make delicious rotis with your roti maker:
Making the Dough
The first step towards making roti is to knead your dough. Start by sieving the flour to remove any coarse particles from it. Add salt and water to the sieved flour and start making a dough. You can also add ghee/butter/oil to make the dough softer. This will also lend a better taste to the roti. You should knead the dough thoroughly to ensure it is soft and non-sticky.
Leave the Dough to Rest
After kneading the dough, you should leave it to rest for 30 minutes- 1 hour. This will make the dough softer and help to make fluffier roti. When the dough is rested, gluten strands will form in the dough which will make the roti softer.
Make Small Balls from the Dough
Once the dough is rested for the stipulated time, you can start making small balls from it for making your rotis. To ensure that the smoother and better tasting rotis, you can use a small quantity of oil while making dough balls. You should not mix the oil in the dough, rather you should only grease your hands with the oil before making the dough balls. The oil on the surface will distribute the heat evenly and make delicious rotis. It will also prevent the dough from sticking to your hands while making dough balls.
Plug in the Roti Maker
Once the dough balls are made, you should plug in the roti maker and set the maximum temperature. The roti maker’s indicator light will turn on upon reaching the ideal temperature for making roti. Once it is turned on, you are ready to make delicious roti in it.
Put the Flatten Dough Balls in the Roti Maker
You should flatten the dough balls and put in inside the roti maker and close the handle so that it gets even. You should then gently press the top and then the handle to flatten the dough evenly and then open it immediately. Allow the roti to cook for a few seconds. Once you observe bubbles forming on it, flip the roti to cook it evenly on both sides. You will see the roti fluff on its own. In case it does not fluff, then close the lid tightly to make it fluff.
Types of Roti Maker:
Electric Roti Maker
Non-Electric Roti Maker
Best Roti Makers Available in India
Some of the best roti makers available in India are discussed below:
1. Pigeon 12376 Roti Maker
The Pigeon 12376 is a thoughtful Pigeon 12376 roti maker which is ideal for Indian customers. It comes with the following salient features:
- It comes with a vertical storage feature which means you can put it vertically in any available space. This is very helpful in small kitchens with lesser storage space.
- It used as chapati maker, Khakra maker
- The cooking plate of this pigeon roti maker is made from high-quality food grade non-stick coating which provides you uniform heating in lesser time for making perfect roti.
- It also comes with power on and ready indicators which makes it very easy to use.
- The pigeon electric roti maker has a strong and sturdy base which provides good support to the roti maker while using it.
- This product comes with a 1-year warranty and can be purchased for Rs 1,430.
2. Prestige PRM 5.0 Roti maker
This roti maker from Prestige is an excellent all-around product.
- It is a multi-purpose Prestige electric roti maker which in addition to rotis, allows you to make omelet, pancakes, thepla, uthappam, etc.
- The cooking plate has a unique granite spatter coating which is highly durable and provides you with a non-stick performance.
- The cooking plate comes with a unique concave shape with elevated edges. This ensures that the roti stays in the middle which makes flipping easier. This feature is particularly handy while making omelet or pancakes as it prevents the ingredients from flowing out.
- The roti maker is made using stainless-steel body which makes it very durable and also shock-resistant.
- It comes with power on switch indicator and the ready indicator also which denotes when it is ready for making rotis.
- The Prestige roti maker,khakhra maker gives you a 1-year warranty and is available for Rs 2,303.
3. Bajaj Vacco “Go-EZZEE” Roti maker
The Bajaj Vacco “Go-EZZEE” is a premium roti maker available in the market with the following features:
- It is an automatic Bajaj Vacco go-ezzee roti maker and comes with the automatic cut-off feature. This helps to make fluffy and nice light rotis.
- This is a multi-purpose roti maker and in addition to the regular roti, you can also make parathas, khakhras, and papad.
- It has a food grade non-stick coating on the cooking plate which ensures that rotis come out easily without sticking on the plate.
- The roti maker is made from a high gauge stainless-steel body which is rust free, is highly durable, and shock-resistant.
- It comes with a power-on indicator which makes it easier to use.
- Bajaj electric roti maker used as chapati maker, Khakra maker
- It has a 1-year warranty and will cost you Rs 1,912.
4. Sunflame RM1 Roti maker
The Sunflame RM1 is a compact and feature packed roti maker designed for the Indian market.
- It has a food grade and non-stick coated cooking plate which makes cooking roti easier. This feature also makes it very convenient for you to clean the roti maker after cooking.
- The Sunflame RM1 roti maker has uniform heating which prepares soft and delicious roti.
- It also comes with high-quality thermostat for your safety.
- This roti maker from Sunflame supports oil-free cooking and is very easy to clean and maintain.
- There is a power-on indicator on the bottom which lets you know when the roti maker is switched on.
- There is a 2-year warranty on this product and it is priced at Rs 1,738.
5. iBELL MCM1001 Electric Roti & Chapati Maker Non-Stick 1000 Watt
The iBell electric roti maker is a basic and effective appliance for making soft and delicious rotis.
- It comes with a non-stick coating which eliminates the need of using oil for cooking. You can make rotis in it under one minute.
- The body of this roti maker is sturdy and shock-proof which makes this product durable and protects it from voltage fluctuations, which is a common feature in many parts of India.
- It has dual heating feature which heats it up quickly and provides uniform heating and temperature for making the perfect rotis.
- It has a neon light indicator which lets you know if your rotis are ready or not.
- This roti maker from iBell roti maker gives you 1-year warranty + 1 Year Addition online registration
6. Eveready Nayan RM 1001 Roti maker
In India, Eveready has become a very trusted brand. Their products are always designed to provide the best utility to the Indian consumer.
- The Eveready electric roti maker is made from dual coating elements which provide uniform heating.
- It has a food grade premium non-stick coating which ensures ease and safety while making roti.
- This roti maker has a wider base of 17.78 cm which means that you can not only make roti but uthappam and thepla also in it.
- The roti maker has a built-in thermostat and is also shockproof.
- It also comes with a switch on and ready to use an indicator which helps you to know when it is ready for making roti.
- This roti maker from Eveready comes with 2 years warranty and is available for Rs 1,500.