Roller blinds can be very useful if you want to filter light. With roller blinds, you can determine how much light you want to enter a room. You can actually go further, and block light out altogether using roller blinds. Some roller blind is capable of inducing an illusion of total blackout. If the light entering your room through the window is causing TV or computer glare issues, a roller blind can help. Using the roller blinds, you can filter and redirect the light, so that it doesn’t cause glare.
Besides allowing you to deal with glare issues, the roller blind can also help you protect your furniture. So you protect the furniture from the bad effects of overexposure to sunlight. Further, using roller blinds, you can increase the feeling of privacy in a room. And if too much dust has been entering your room, roller blinds can help you keep some of it out.
Top 10 Best Roller Blinds in India
Features of a Roller Blind
- The most important feature in a roller blind is usually the mechanism through which it can be rolled.
- This may be a chain mechanism in some models.
- In others, it may be a spring mechanism.
- Another important feature in a roller blind is the mounting type.
- This could be a metal mounting. Or it could be a PVC mounting.
- Size also matters, in a roller blind.
- It determines whether or not the blind is adequate for a given window or door.
- Light filtration level is another important feature in a roller blind.
- This determines whether, when fully drawn, the blind induces a full blackout illusion or it just darkens the room slightly.
Types of Roller Blinds
- There is a sunscreen roller blind.
- Then there is a translucent roller blind.
- We even have a blackout roller blind.
- There are roller blinds that are spring operated.
- Then there are others that are chain-operated. We even have a motorized roller blind.
- There is natural material roller blind.
- Then there are synthetic material roller blinds.
- There is a sheer roller blind.
- Then there is an opaque roller blind.
How to use a Roller Blind?
- The first step is that of installing the roller blinds on the windows, doors, or other openings.
- Sometimes, this may entail some drilling.
- But there are also some roller blinds whose installation entails simple hammering, rather than drilling.
- After installation, you need to figure out how much light you want to enter the room.
- Then either opens up or closes in the roller blind, to achieve that level of light.
- Opening up/closing in the roller blind may entail the use of a pulley.
- So you use a handle to either wind the roller blinds up and down.
- It could also entail the use of remote control, for motorized roller blinds.
- You have to remember to clean the roller blinds as the need arises.
- In some, cleaning would entail simple wiping.
- In others, cleaning may entail washing the fabrics.
- All in all, because of their exposure to dust and other elements, these blinds do often require regular cleaning.
Buying guide for Roller Blind
- The most important consideration, when buying roller blinds, is what you intend to use them for.
- Is it to control the amount of light entering a room? Or is it to enhance privacy? Is it to reduce TV/computer glare? There are different types of roller blinds that are ideal for different uses.
- Select the one that is best for your primary need.
- Go for roller blinds that are big enough to cover the window, door, or whichever other opening.
- Check the rolling mechanism (whether spring or chain) and ensure that it is not prone to jamming.
- Consider how easy to assemble, install, operate and clean the roller blinds you wish to buy are.
List of Top 10 Best Roller Blinds in India-Buyers Guide
1. Kurtzy Roll-up Bamboo Blind
Kurtzy roll-up blind design makes them ideal for balcony and window use. The height is 6 feet while the width is 5 feet.
- They have a pulley system for easy rolling
- Installation is fairly simple
- They are natural blinds, made from bamboo
- Price is somewhat high
- Suitability is for indoor use only
2. ZEBRA Polyresin Roller Blind
ZEBRA roller blinds are ideal for the light filtering effect. They come in brown color, core material being polyester.
- The design looks rather elegant
- Easy to clean color
- Price is reasonable
- Installation involves some drilling
- May does not have a full blackout effect
3. TCLPVC Bamboo Blind, Natural Range
TCL PVC Blind can be very ideal for cooling/shade effect, being bamboo blinds. Besides filtering out light, they can also block dust.
- Very easy to operate
- Has a decent cooling effect
- Installation is simple
- May be affected by exposure to rain
- The visual design and color may be too basic for some users
4. Kayra Decor Blackout Roller Blind
Kayra Decor rollers are big blinds: at 36-inch width and 48-inch height. They come in a beautiful cream color.
- Capable of filtering out light completely
- The material doesn’t attract mildew easily
- Enhances elegance in a room
- Mounting the blinds can take some time
- Price may be slightly on the higher side
5. Deco Polyester Blend Non-Blackout Roller Blind
Deco Polyester rollers are very ideal for use in main windows. The size is the 84-inch in length and 42-inch in width.
- Very beautiful design
- Comes with better safety features for kids, pets, and so on
- Can also work well in air-conditioned rooms
- Maybe incapable of generating full blackout effect
- Installation may require some expertise
6. HIPPO Easy Install Roller Blind
HIPPO Blind comes pre-fitted with wooden frames, which simplifies installation. Light filtering performance is really decent.
- Quite a big size, at 9 feet height and 4 feet width
- Great elegant look
- Reasonably simple installation
- Higher than the average price
- Has limited opacity rating
7. SAI PRASEEDA Bamboo Curtain Net
SAI PRASEEDA induces a good natural aura (being green color). Available in 60 inches by 84 inches dimension.
- Made from genuine natural material (bamboo)
- Blind is UV stabilized
- Includes cordless design
- Installation requires the use of a drill bit and other tools
- Price is quite high
8. MSR 116 Roller Blind
MSR Roller is an elegant polyester blind. The width is 17 inches while the height is 47 inches.
- Great aesthetic appeal
- Installation takes very little time
- Works well whether indoor or outdoor
- May is not capable of giving a complete blackout effect
- The width is only 17 inches
9. Digital Ikea Shoppy Plaid Roller Blind
This is a 60 by 195-centimeter roller blind. Its opacity is at 77 inches.
- Genuinely durable roller blind
- Has good safety features – including cordless design
- Includes a soft closing function
- Price is quite high
- Size may not be adequate for some
10. CALCUTTA BLINDS CORPORATION Blackout Roller Blind
The core material here is a polyester blend. This roller blind is capable of giving a genuine blackout effect when fully drawn.
- Cleaning the roller blind is quite simple
- Gives good light control
- Suitable for fixing to both walls and ceilings
- It is a relatively costly roller blind
- DIY installation can be slightly hard
Roller blinds help you to have full control over the level of light entering your room(s). This guide can empower you to make the right roller blind choice while shopping.
What are the best roller blinds?
The best roller blinds are those that are durable, easy to operate and offer good light filtration.
What is the price of the roller blinds?
Roller blind prices can range from 1,000 Indian rupees to 3,000 Indian rupees. Usually, the bigger roller blind with more advanced features will tend to have higher costs.