A rhinestone is essentially an imitation jewel of a diamond. Rhinestones are made from rock crystal, crystal glass, or polymers therefore it is basically synthetic jewel. Rhinestones come in many different colors and sizes. Costume jewelry, clothing, and tiaras are items that predominately contain these stones. The stones are used in costume jewelry, clothing, and tiaras. They give glitz and glam to clothing and, if made correctly, they can really give the effect of sparkle and glamour. Often overused in beauty pageants and across the country and western scene.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Pearls, Charms Jewellery, Eyeliner, Makeup Kits, Maybelline Eyeliner, Best Makeup Kits, Ghungroo, Makeup Brush set & banana clips in India.
Top 10 Best Rhinestones in India
Features of Rhinestones
- The main feature of rhinestones is that they are a relatively inexpensive way to make an outfit look more expensive than it is or to give allure to nail art. However, the cost of rhinestones is very much dependent on what they are made from.
- Rhinestones are easy to apply once the correct adhesive is used.
- They come in many different colors, shapes, and sizes making them highly versatile fashion pieces.
Types of Rhinestones
- There are rhinestones made of different materials and this will be reflected in the cost of the rhinestone. For example, if the rhinestone is made from rock crystal it will be more expensive than those made from polymers.
- There are different sizes of these stones dependent on their final use. Stones used for nail art are usually considerably smaller than those used for clothing.
- Rhinestones are different in terms of their shape. There will be pearl shapes, diamond-type cuts, and emerald cuts, to name but a few.
Buyers Guide for Rhinestones
When purchasing the perfect rhinestone consumers must consider the purpose these stones are intended for. Are you using these stones to jazz up your nail art? Do you intend to use the stones to add a bit of glamour to an item of clothing? Or do you simply want to create a glittering piece of art?
For Nait Art
For nail art, the following features are deemed important to consider prior to purchasing:
- Ease of application
- Ease of removal
- Durability – will they survive the washing machine?
- Application – can they be sewn on or do you require specific fabric adhesive?
- Ease of application
- Type of adhesive required
In each case, buyers should also be aware of the requirement for additional tools which will assist them in using the rhinestones.
How to use Rhinestones?
Upon receiving the rhinestones, it is important to identify a suitable container in which to hold them. This is of course if the rhinestones have not already arrived in a purposed container. These stones are often numerous, and quite small therefore you want to keep them tidy and out of reach of children.
Prior to use
- Lay out the rhinestones you wish to use. A tweezer will be needed if the stones are small.
- Prepare your adhesive – the adhesive may be included in the packet or you may have to purchase a suitable adhesive separately.
- Prepare the item that you will be putting the rhinestone on e.g. if the rhinestone is going on a nail – clean it and add a layer of nail polish prior to attaching the stone.
- Using the tweezers to hold the stone in one hand, gently add a small about of adhesive to the back of the rhinestone. With the stone held in the tweezers, place the stone on the fabric or nail. Continue in this manner until you are satisfied with the design.
- It is important to let these stones time to dry in their position. This will aid their durability.
Note: The type of adhesive used is also very important. The buyer must follow the manufacturers’ recommendations in this regard.
- Nail Art
- Decorating a phone cover
- Decorating and personalizing wine glasses, champagne glasses
- Creating a beautiful birthday card
- Rhinestone art is a process where the rhinestones are placed within the lines of a picture. This picture can then be framed and given as a gift
- Individualize clothing, such as belts, t-shirts, baseball caps, and even shoes
List to Top 10 Best Rhinestones in India-Buyers Guide
1. S.A.V.I 2mm Round Rhinestone Nail Art Crystals
These superb nail art crystals come in twelve different colors and are perfect for adding that little touch of sparkle to your nail creation.
- Longwearing – durable.
- Top coat included
- Decorate phone covers, birthday cards, and glasses with these stones.
- There is no adhesive included in this product.
- The individual crystals are very small.
2. Embroiderymaterial – Sew on Rhinestones
Perfect for making a unique piece of clothing that will stand out from the crowd. This is a high-quality product and it has a beautiful gold detailed casing that gives the stone a regal touch. The crystal cut reflects the art deco era and truly makes these stones a statement piece.
- Crystal Cut finish
- Reflects the light
- Gold detail casing
- A limited number of stones – 10 pieces
- These stones are for embroidery only
3. HANNEA Nail Art Kit Crystal Rhinestones
This nail art kit comes with a dotting tool and tweezer for ease of application of these magnificent crystal stones. There are a variety of sizes and two different colors in this product.
- The rhinestones come in a box, with separate compartments for each size and each compartment indicates the size of the stone.
- Multi-use: suitable for make-up and nails.
- Clear crystal color is ideal for elegance.
- The dotting pen color is not necessarily as advertised.
- This product is slightly more expensive compared to similar products.
4. WorldWesties White Pearl Rhinestone Beads
These white pearl beads are ideal for nail art and art decoration. They conveniently come in a wheeled container for ease of storage and ease of removal from the container.
- 12 different styles
- The wheel has an opening window which allows for easy removal of pearls without spillage
- Reasonably priced
- Color may fade after several days
- Not suitable for fabrics given their small size
5. Healifty Crystal Rhinestones for Nail Art
Beautifully crafted crystal rhinestones with iridescent color. Made for not only nail art but crafts and mobile phone cover decoration also. Flat back for ease of application.
- Unique Coloring
- Inexpensive for the number of stones – 299 Indian Rupees for 1440pieces
- Multi-use: nail art, craft, make-up
- There is no adhesive or top coat provided
- The stones do not come in a hardened container
6. MAYCREATE Colorful Rhinestone Nail Art Kit
This is a complete Nail Art Kit. When you purchase this product, you will not only receive a large variety of colored rhinestones, but also a tweezer and a pick-up pen. These stones come in a very hard case which is convenient for storage.
- A wide variety of colors
- Multi-use: nails, crafts, make-up
- Flat back for ease of application
- Extremely small product
- Suitable for mainly precision work
7. WorldWestie Multi-colored Flower Rhinestones
A unique take on rhinestones, these multi-colored flower nail accessories are not your usual rhinestones. Despite the various colors, they do not glitter and shine like most other rhinestones. They are a fun, refreshing option for a funky type of nail art.
- High-quality plastic
- Rose shape which makes the unique
- They are durable
- Not rhinestones
- No adhesive provided
8. Sichumaria Rhinestone Nail Art Kit
This nail art kit contains twelve different colors of rhinestones. Each rhinestone is a round shape with a flat back for ease of application.
- Rhinestones come in a convenient hard case
- Multiple colors
- Tweezer and dotting tool included for ease of application
- Only one size
- Do not include adhesive
9. BELICIA Rhinestone Nail Art with Tweezer
This fantastic nail art product consists of forty-eight miniature plastic bottles filled with fun, vibrant nail gems. This is such convenient packaging and is ideal for storage. The product also includes a tweezer to help you reach your rich rhinestones with ease.
- Contains glitter as well as rhinestones
- Individually portable in the little bottles
- Multi-use: suitable for art and craft decoration
- Does not include adhesive
- Does not include a dotting tool
Rhinestones are a fun, relatively inexpensive way to brighten up any look whether we use them for our nails, face, clothes, accessories, or a combination of both. With the perfect, shimmering crystal cut rhinestone, you will bring a touch of glamour and elegance to your world. Preparation is key when working with rhinestones. For this reason, it is advisable to have the right tools to assist in working with these tiny gems. That will make the journey of using them, even more enjoyable.
What is rhinestone made of?
Rhinestone can be made of various items however the main rhinestone is derived from rock crystal, crystal glass, or polymers (which are a combination of synthetic materials).
What are rhinestones?
Rhinestones are crystal rocks that undergo some form of processing. This processing refines their color and develops a vibrancy akin to diamonds.
Are rhinestones real crystal?
In most cases no, rhinestones are not real crystals. However, the original form of rhinestone is crystal and there are still companies today which develop these crystals into rhinestones. Rock crystal rhinestones are often seen in high-end costume jewelry.