Traditionally, a man would wear a dhoti as a mark of respect and dignity. He would wrap a piece of cloth around the lower portion of the body to form a dhoti. To this end, he would pair the dhoti with a kurta as his daily wear. Additionally, he can also mix a Salwar with the dhoti to create a style differentiation. These days, a dhoti is more to mark special occasions, like weddings. Ramraj is most popular Nowadays.
Ramraj Cotton pioneered dhoti manufacturing in India over 20 years ago. Because this company has vast manufacturing experience in India, it is aware of the market demand and trends. The dhoti remains a popular market segment for Ramraj. To this end, there is a wide selection of customers under the Men section.
Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Ramraj Shirts, Dhotis, Dhoti salwar sets, Dhoti Pants, Dhoti kurta for women, Dhoti Kurta for Men, Lungi for men, Embroidery Kurti, Full sleeve T-shirts for women, Couple T-shirts, Jockey T-shirts, T-shirt Bras, Men’s Underwear, Embroidery Sarees, Jockey Vests, Jockey Boxers, Jockey Panties, Jockey Underwear, Swimming Costume for Men, Tracksuit for men, Adidas Track pants, Puma Track pants, Nightdress for Girls, Cotton Nighties, Cloth Drying stand, pushup bras, T-shirt bras, Bra & Panty sets, Track Pants, Track Pants for men, Tracksuits for Boys, Nike Track Pants, Track Pants for Women, tracksuits for Girls, Tracksuit for women, Jockey Track Pants, Sports Jacket, nightdress for women, nightsuits for women, in India.
Top 10 Best Ramraj Dhoti Varieties in India
Features of Ramraj Dhoti
There are a few standard features to wear a dhoti.
- Dhoti users can wear it in a traditional manner (tucked between the legs) or as a wraparound. For instance, some users will find it cooler at knee-length. On the other hand, the users may want to switch to the traditional dhoti for special occasions.
- The users can decide whether they wish to wrap once around their waist or twice. If their preference is twice, the users would need to select double dhoti which is longer.
- Also, the users usually wear dhotis in cream or white colour in their daily activities. However, for special occasions, they may switch to more elaborate colouring or brighter embellishments.
- Finally, users buy cotton dhoti as this material provides comfort for its user. Unfortunately, cotton may not be as long-lasting as linen or as attractive as silk.
Types of Ramraj Dhotis
The Ramraj catalogue gives a wide variety of selections.
- For example, the catalogue breaks into a single and double dhoti. Then it gives a selection by material, for example, normal cotton, 100% cotton and others like linen or silk.
- Moreover, the customer can consider between a stitched or an unstitched dhoti. The difference is that a stitched dhoti provides ready-wear convenience to the users compared to an unstitched dhoti.
- As a market leader, Ramraj understands a customer’s need for a variety of border styles. Hence, its wide selection in design for different occasion.
- Lastly, Ramraj has launched an antiviral version of the dhoti. This results in a dhoti that is hypoallergenic and acknowledged as 99.94% effective (tested under ISO 18184).
Buyers guide for Ramraj Dhoti
Purchasing a dhoti is like buying any other clothes so selection can be on these main factors.
Type of Material
- The users who place comfort over style will opt for traditional cotton.
- This is because cotton is suitable for hot weather and is faster to dry.
- Unfortunately, cotton is thinner and less long-lasting so the user can switch its use with a linen dhoti.
Single or Double Dhoti
- Wrapping a dhoti twice around the waist may give the user a more comfortable feeling.
- However, this means that the user will need a longer length which translates to a more expensive product.
Stitched Or Unstitched Dhoti
- There may be situations where the user will need ready-to-wear, especially daily.
- Here, a stitched dhoti come in handy.
- However, the dhoti is usually of a certain standard.
- Hence, for the more robust user, an unstitched dhoti may prove a better choice to suit the body shape.
Design on a Dhoti
- Lastly, there is the design on the dhoti.
- The users could base their choice to suit their individuality or to suit the occasion.
- For instance, a religious ceremony may necessitate a more elaborate embellishment while a wedding may just be more colourful.
How to use Ramraj Dhoti?
Wearing a dhoti can be complicated, especially when the standard length does not suit the user. This is because some users have an issue tying the knot properly. If it becomes undone, this could result in some embarrassment to the user.
Here’s a simple guide to wearing a dhoti.
- Firstly, hold the dhoti horizontally at your back while ensuring the length of cloth on both sides are equal. Embellishment or the border should be outward-facing at waist level.
- Then, wrap the cloth on the right side back to front.
- Make a knot at a comfortable position at the waist on the left side.
- Next, do the same for the cloth on the left side.
- Then, reach between the legs and bring the material from the bottom back onto the front.
- Finally, tuck at the waist, around the navel. Here, do the necessary adjustment to the folds so it fits better.
- The good news is that the user can wear the dhoti at ankle-length or a shorter knee-length.
- Hence, this becomes a matter of tucking of the cloth.
- Alternatively, the user can opt to just wrap the material around the waist if just wearing around the home.
- Users should wear innerwear in case of wardrobe issues.
- Additionally, users should take shorter strides as longer steps may loosen the dhoti knots.
List of Top 10 Best Ramraj Dhoti Varieties in India-Buyers Guide
Now let’s look at Ramraj’s top 10 dhotis sold.
1. Ramraj Men’s Cotton Dhoti (White, Free Size)
This is a free size white cotton 3.80m dhoti without embellishments.
- This dhoti is free size.
- Moreover, the length is one of the longer dhotis produced.
- Since this dhoti is white, users can wear it for many occasions.
- Unfortunately, as this is white, it will easily get dirty.
- It is also a plain and simple design.
2. Ramraj Men’s Cotton Fully Stitched Dhotis with Pocket (White, 32 W x 34 L)
This one-piece cotton dhoti comes in 1.72m with Gold Jari embellishments.
- This stitched dhoti is a convenient ready-to-wear.
- Additionally, it comes with a pocket for the user’s convenience.
- It is Gold Jari embellishments make it a striking dhoti.
- The user will need to hand wash this dhoti.
- It may not last as long as the others because of its cotton material.
3. Ramraj Men’s Cotton Dhoti Green_Free Size
This 4m dhoti comes with a green edge.
- It is comfortable for daily wear.
- The user will find the material length of 4m more fitting.
- Users will find its green border more eye-catching than white.
- Unfortunately, the user has to hand wash this dhoti.
- In comparison to the others, this dhoti may not be as durable.
4. Ramraj Men’s Cotton Dhoti (Maroon Border, Free Size)
This one-piece dhoti has a maroon edge and comes in a standard length of 2m.
- This dhoti is available in free size.
- It is suitable for use daily.
- The maroon border will make the user more striking.
- The user will have to hand wash this piece.
- Some users may not find the 2m length sufficient for them.
5. Ramraj DF Men’s Full Stitched Dhotis with Pocket (White, 36 38)
This stitched piece comes in 1.72m.
- It is a ready-to-wear piece of high-quality material.
- Additionally, this dhoti comes with a pocket for easy storage.
- Because of its colour, it is suitable for many occasions.
- It is plain, with no embellishments.
- Also, its white colour will show up any dirt.
6. Ramraj Men’s Cotton Dhoti (2206BC_white_free size)
This one-piece bullion cotton comes with a gold border.
- This dhoti comes in free size.
- It is suitable for daily use.
- The dhoti is more attractive with its gold border.
- Similarly, the user will need to hand wash this dhoti.
- Because of its bullion cotton, this dhoti is not as long-lasting as the others.
7. Ramraj Genxt Men’s Cotton Pocket Dhoti (Off-White, 32)
It is a 100% cotton dhoti that comes in cream colour and a pocket.
- With 100% cotton, this dhoti is one of the more comfortable ranges in the catalogue.
- It has a pocket-size big enough for a wallet.
- Additionally, the user has the option to wear a belt with this range.
- Unfortunately, the user may find this dhoti not as long-lasting as the rest.
- The colour of this dhoti will also show up dirt.
8. Ramraj Men’s Cotton Dhoti (White, Free Size)
This attractive one-piece comes with green thread.
- Like most stitched dhoti, this range is free size.
- It is comfortable and provides ease of use daily.
- Its bright green thread will make the user stand out.
- Like most in the range, the user has to hand wash this dhoti.
- Again, the user has to be careful when wearing this.
9. Ramraj Men’s Cotton Dhoti (Maroon Border, Free Size)
This one-piece with a 2m dhoti has a thinner maroon edge.
- This dhoti provides a longer material, at 2m, making movement easier.
- It is also sized to fit the general public.
- The thin maroon border gives it a colour compared to plain white.
- Its cotton material means that it won’t last long.
- The user will also need this dhoti to wash by hand.
10. Ramraj DF Men’s Cotton Dhoti (DF05_White)
Finally, this white cotton dhoti has a wide gold border.
- Unlike the rest, the user does not need to hand wash this dhoti.
- The material is also comfy enough to wear daily.
- The gold border gives it an understated charm.
- Unfortunately, the cotton material may not last long.
- Also, the user may have to be careful when wearing this white dhoti.
In short, dhotis from Ramraj are comfortable and competitively priced. Customers are also given a good variety and will have no regrets purchasing from Ramraj.
Why most of them prefer Ramraj Dhoti?
Ramraj maintains excellence in the production of its dhotis. Hence, it services good value for money and is suitable for all occasions.
What is the price range of Ramraj Dhoti?
Ramraj prices its dhoti from INR499 up to INR1,175. However, with promotion, customers can easily find them at the INR403 to INR799 price range. The price from www.amazon.in are tax inclusive.