Puzzle games serve an entertainment and educational role. Putting together the pieces/blocks that make up a puzzle game is usually fun: hence the entertainment aspect. The process of putting together the pieces/blocks that make up a puzzle game is mentally stimulating: hence the educational aspect. Through these games, one can develop better problem-solving and spatial reasoning skills. One can also improve hand-eye coordination, attention, and memory. Also check the buyers guide for the best Toy Trains, Remote control Cars, Kitchen sets, doctor sets & tricycles for kids in India.
List of Top 10 Best Puzzle Games in India
Features of Puzzle Games
- The best puzzle games have just the right level of complexity: neither too easy nor too hard.
- An ideal puzzle game is one that is exciting to play.
- It is a puzzle where the player creates meaningful things, with which they can relate.
- The sturdiness and size of the pieces/blocks that make up the puzzle game are other important features.
- You want pieces that are reasonably sturdy so that they don’t break easily.
- You also want pieces/blocks that are reasonably big – so that they are not easily lost or accidentally swallowed by kids.
Types of Puzzle Games
- There are puzzle games that are designed for very young kids.
- Then there are others that are designed for older kids (including teens) and adults.
- The puzzle games that are designed for very young kids tend to be rather simple.
- They typically entail constructing animal characters, alphabetic characters, or other day-to-day items.
- The puzzle games that are designed for older kids and adults tend to be more complex.
- They may entail completing geographical maps, mechanical patterns of encrypted words.
How to Play Puzzle Games?
- Playing a puzzle game is usually a three-step process.
- In the first step, you seek to understand which pattern you will be competing in the game.
- In the second step, you unpack the pieces/blocks that make up the puzzle game from their packaging.
- And in the third step, you actually put the pieces/blocks together (on the board), to build the required model.
Buying guide for Puzzle Games
- Before buying a puzzle game, you need to understand how many pieces the puzzle behind it has. You also need to understand what exactly the underlying puzzle entails. What is the player expected to create while playing the game? How complex is it? How mentally stimulating is it?
- Further, you need to understand what the puzzle’s pieces are made of. You will also want to know what the board on which the pieces are laid is made up of.
- Consider the age groups for which the puzzle game is meant. If you are buying a puzzle game for a child, ensure that it is ideal for that child’s age.
List of Top 10 Best Puzzle Games in India-Buyers Guide
1. “Fun With Words” Self-correcting Word Building Puzzle
Ideal for kids four years old and above. Suitable for use in developing language skills and in language therapy clinics.
- The puzzle is self-correcting
- Great educational and entertainment value
- Price is reasonable
- The puzzle only has small letters
- Once kids master all the sets, they may find only modest excitement in it
2. Funskool Play & Learn-World Map Educational Puzzle
Funskool Puzzle Comes in 105 pieces. Ideal for kids six years old and above.
- The cardboard material is rather sturdy
- Puzzle offers good mental stimulation
- Pieces are big enough not to be easily lost
- The board requires lots of space
- The child may require a bit of help initially to solve the puzzle
3. Ratna’s 4 in 1 Indian Seasons Jigsaw Puzzle
Four jigsaw puzzles, each with 35 pieces. Very useful at developing the kids’ creativity.
- The puzzle is neither too hard nor too easy to solve
- Price is reasonable given the quality
- One gets four jigsaw puzzles to choose from
- Some may find the board thickness underwhelming
- The different puzzles are all in one pack
4. Webby Amazing Outer Space Solar System Jigsaw Puzzle
Webby puzzle is a 60-piece puzzle. Comes with four double-sided flashcards.
- The puzzle has very great educational value
- The packaging box is sturdy
- Ideal for use by kids in a broad range of ages
- Children may initially struggle to make sense of the puzzle
- The board is circular (which some may find odd)
5. Frank in Space 250 Pieces Jigsaw Puzzles
Frank Puzzle is Ideal for older kids (above 9 years) and adults. Suitable for use both at home and in classroom settings.
- Includes realistic space design
- Entertaining and challenging
- The pieces interlock perfectly
- The price is somewhat higher
- The puzzle may be too complex for some
6. WONDRBOX Animal and Birds Jigsaw Puzzle
What you get here is a set of 4 puzzles. Ideal for 3-5-year-old kids.
- Brightly colored pieces
- Ideal for developing fine motor skills
- You get four puzzles to choose from
- Older kids may find the puzzles too easy
- The frame is quite thin
7. Play Panda New Magnetic Puzzles
The puzzle pieces are small circles with magnets. Suitable for use by kids who are 5 years old and above.
- 100 puzzles to choose from
- The magnetic board and display stand are of good quality
- The puzzle pieces are colorful
- Price is on the higher side
- Puzzles mainly entail the creation of basic patterns
8. Creative’s Math Addition Puzzle
Includes a dice, 3 playboards, and 25 puzzle blocks. This is a multi-color puzzle.
- Has good educational value
- Price is quite low
- Pieces are beautiful and therefore attractive to kids
- The boards made of paper (rather than cardboard)
- Children may initially struggle to understand the game’s concept
9. SmartoKids Games And Puzzle
The package has 14 sets and 112 gameplays. Ideal for kids in the 4-12 years age bracket.
- Great variety of puzzles and games to choose from
- Beautiful colors to grab children’s attention
- Ideal for developing various mental skills
- Older kids may find the puzzles un-stimulating
- Younger kids may require supervision and help while solving these puzzles
10. Zigyasaw Wild Animals Jigsaw Floor Puzzle
54 pieces puzzle. Ideal for kids above 3 years old.
- The puzzle is neither too hard nor too easy
- Pieces interlock nicely
- Cardboard material is quite sturdy
- Price may be beyond reach for some
- Requires quite a bit of space to play
Puzzle games can help you keep your kids busy while also entertaining them and developing their mental abilities. This guide has information to help you while shopping for good puzzle games.
What are the best puzzles games?
The best are those that provide entertainment while also developing various mental abilities.
Do puzzle games help with anxiety?
Yes, using the right puzzle games, you can reduce anxiety levels.
What is the price of puzzle games?
Most are in the 200 to 800 rupees range.