Keeping a constant tab on your health requires monitoring several factors in the body. One of them is oxygen saturation and pulse rate. Every medical issue is linked to oxygen saturation and pulse rate in some way or another. To keep an eye on that, you need a pulse oximeter. It is used to monitor oxygen saturation and also measure the pulse rate. However, in the past, pulse rate measurement was not a part of these products. Also, check the buyers guide for Best PPE Kits, Respirometers & Portable Oxygen Cylinders in India.
But it is now a common feature. In this article, we are going to discuss pulse oximeters in detail and we will walk you through the best ones.
Top 12 Best Pulse Oximeter Brands in India
Features to keep in mind while choosing a pulse oximeter
The modern-day pulse oximeters have plenty of features. The common features available are:
Oxygen saturation measurement
This is the primary feature of the oximeter it measures oxygen saturation in the blood.
Pulse rate measurement
Most of the oximeters today have pulse rate readers in them. They can measure the beats per minute.
Some of the oximeters feature the measurement alarms. The user can set the measurement alarm for high and low reading. If that rate is hit, the oximeter will ring.
This is one of the greatest features and benefits of pulse oximeters. These are savvy devices that you can put in the pocket and take anywhere you want.
Types of pulse oximeters
The types of pulse oximeter are defined by their features. The ones available in the market are of two types.
- The first one has an oxygen saturation reader with a pulse rate reading.
- The second type has extended features. It is more like there is an active legacy product as well as a contemporary type.
Well, the active legacy products have similar functionality, but the features are less. Also, the stability and accuracy of the results lack a bit. However, contemporary designs have accurate results, precise measurement, and enough features to support the day to day usability.
Further, the pulse oximeter price for both products is different. The active legacy pulse oximeters are usually cheaper. And contemporary products are slightly expensive.
Pulse Oximeter-Buyers Guide
The primary concern for people who want to but an oximeter is that given the variety, it becomes difficult to choose the one that will perform perfectly. Well, let us make it easier for you to choose the best one
Before you choose an oximeter, check for the certifications. The certification guide can tell if the product is usable in your territory and whether it complies with the standards. Some people prefer checking the price, but it is wiser to see the accreditation and certifications first.
The reason for purchasing an oximeter is to measure oxygen saturation in blood and pulse rate. If the results are not perfect, then buying this product is certainly a waste of money. Indeed, you need to verify the results before making any purchase. Results between ±3% are accurate enough.
The fingertip oximeter price is usually reasonable. But that does not mean the purchaser will buy it again and again if the device does not last long. It is best to check the reviews of the products and choose the durable one.
The ease of usability is a major factor. The product that is easier to use enables you to get the results conveniently. Additionally, the oximeter that is difficult to use may cause your heart rate to increase while activating the product. And that can change the values in the result.
How does a pulse oximeter work?
Using the present-age pulse rate is easy. The common process goes this way: first, turn on the device and checks all the signs on it. The signs would be of the battery, activation, and alarms (if any). When the oximeter is completely on, clip it on your finger.
During that process, you may feel some pressure, but there is no pain at all unless there is a wound on your finger. Then press the button on the oximeter to begin reading. The sensors of the oximeter will begin to measure the oxygen saturation in blood along with the pulse rate.
As soon as the process completes, the results will display on the screen. Further, some oximeters support mobile apps. They can store the data in the app that you can retrieve later. Also, you can use that data for the medical records if you need them. Indeed, the results of the best pulse oximeters are accurate enough to be considered.
List of Top 12 Best Pulse oximeter Brands in India
1. Dr Trust (USA) signature series fingertip pulse oximeter with audiovisual alarm
Dr. Trust signature series oximeter measures oxygen saturation, respiration, and pulse. It is one of the premium products available in the market
- A triple feature reader
- Display size is large and pretty visible
- IP22 water-resistant product
- The user manual is confusing
- Durability is questionable
2. Dr. Trust (USA) fingertip pulse oximeter – 209
Dr. Trust pulse oximeter price is less compared to some similar oximeters in the market.
- Shows heart rate and oxygen level
- A carrying pouch comes along with the product
- Works on replaceable batteries
- Can be a little more expensive than some similar products
- No warranty available
3. Newnik fingertip pulse oximeter with audio – PX701
Newark pulse oximeter is designed for accuracy and precision. It measures the pulse rate as well as the oxygen saturation in the blood.
- Comes with a measurement alarm setting
- The alarm is not loud
- Continuous reading is not so accurate
4. Choicemmed MD300C2D pulse oximeter
MD300C2D is the best choice if you are looking for a fully portable pulse oximeter. This is a quick oximeter that can deliver fast results.
- The display has two colors
- Batter indication is shown on the display
- Comes with a carry case
- Not water resistant
5. Nuwik pulse oximeter fingertip with audiovisual alarm
Nuwik is another pulse oximeter on our list with the alarm system suitable both for adults and children.
- Audiovisual alarm included
- Convenient use
- Can be used by adults and children
- No warranty
- Durability is a concern
6. BPL medical technologies smart Oxy fingertip pulse oximeter
BPL is among the oldest medical instrument makers in the world. Their oximeters serve well enough and bring nearly accurate results. The BPL smart Oxy pulse oximeter also includes a carrying pouch in the box.
- Nearly accurate reading
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Configurable alarm system featured
- This pulse oximeter price is higher than some competitive products
- Durability could be a concern
7. Choicemmed pulse oximeter MD300C20-NMR
The accuracy of the Choicemmed pulse oximeter is trusted by several experts worldwide. Some of the medical experts suggest MD300C20-NMR for their patients as well.
- The product includes an alarm system
- LED lights available on the product
- Battery indication available
- Does not have sensor error indication
- Does not resist water
8. SCURE fingertip oximeter FTP 1000
SCURE pulse oximeter claims ±2% accuracy. The FTP 1000 comes with an alarm feature, pulse rate measurement, and oxygen saturation reader.
- Feature auto shutdown
- Rotatable screen with brightness adjustment
- OLED display with dual colors
- Consumers doubt the reading
- Some consumers even report that products stop working after some time
9. ARCATRON MOBILITY reinventing assisted living smart care pulse meter
Here is another low-price product on our list. This is an ARCATRON MOBILITY that can measure oxygen saturation and pulse rate.
- Lower price
- Easy to read LED
- Rotatable display
- Not FDA approved
- Some consumers report that the readings are not accurate
10. K-Life FTP-103 fingertip oximeter measuring SpO2 and pulse rate for adults
K-Life FTP-103 pulse oximeter is one of the cheapest oximeters you can find in the market. It has the same features as many other oximeters but costs less.
- Quite inexpensive
- Indicates battery condition
- OLED display
- Difficult to store the product as it does not come with a pouch
- Users report durability problems
11. BPL medical technologies fingertip oximeter Smartoxy Lite
BPL pulse oximeter can help you remain fit. This savvy oximeter can bring you accurate results and carrying it along is easier than smartphones.
- LED lights on it
- Perfect for every age
- Shows battery condition
- Pulse shuts down after every eight seconds
- Design needs improvement
12. Choicemmed MD300CN330 dual-color OLED fingertip, pulse blood oxygen, and PI measurement
Choicemmed MD300CN330 is another good pulse oximeter. The reason for it being one of the best is that it measures more than just pulse and SpO2.
- Measures perfusion index in addition to pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation
- OLED display with two colours
- Adjustable brightness
- Consumers report durability issues of this oximeter
- More expensive than competitive oximeters
Tracking health is essential in the present age when there are so many diseases affecting mankind. The modern diseases, as well as the diseases that have been affecting humanity for long, can now be detected easily. But it is essential to keep an eye out for the preliminary signs. The pulse oximeters measure oxygen saturation in the blood. Comparing the results and their frequencies can help you determine whether you should be concerned.
Indeed, this savvy little oximeter can be a life-saving device. Just use it the right way, keep a track of the reading, and stay healthy. Hopefully, the information we have provided here in this content will help you choose the perfect oximeter for yourself or your loved ones. Stay safe, and stay healthy!
What is a pulse oximeter?
It is a device that is used to measure the oxygen saturation in blood, pulse rate, and respiration. It measures without causing any harm or pain.
What is the oximeter price online?
The price online varies from brand to brand. Some brands are quite cheap, while others are expensive. The oximeter price depends on the quality of the product, features, and items in the package. Along with that, the origin also matters.
What are the uses of pulse meter?
It has three common usages – it measures the pulse rate, blood oxygen saturation, and perfusion index.