A public address system, or PA system, is a system for amplification of sound so that people can easily hear it. It can be anything that increases the sound of music or audio for the audience. The system involves a microphone, speakers, and amplifiers that enable the whole process of sound amplification.
If you are a musician or usually host an audience for certain events, then you will need a proper system for sound amplification. That is where the public address system or PA system comes in. It is not only for music but is also needed in religious places, schools, etc.
Also Check the buyer’s Guide for the best Wireless microphones, Ahuja Amplifiers, Lapel Mic, Karaoke Microphones, Karaoke systems, Amplifier Speakers, Audio Mixers & Ahuja Speakers in India.
Top 10 Best Public Address Systems in India
Features to keep in mind while choosing a public address system
A good PA system will have the following common features.
- The first and the most important part of a PA system is the speakers. The speakers can be of different sizes and shapes. The speakers are of 3 types – mains, subwoofers, and stage monitors. All of these have different functions.
- Then comes the amplifiers that are used to amplify sound. Some active speakers have in-built amplifiers but some speakers need extra amplifiers.
- Another important part of a PA system is the mixing console. The console has a set of different channels that are used to change the volume, tone color, mixing different sounds, and routing them.
- The next part is the cables that join different parts of the public address system and transmit signals between them. Three different types of cables are used in this system – TRS, XLR, and Speakon. The amplifiers use RCA outputs that are also known as banana cabling. Correctly joining cables in a PA system is very important because the system will not be functional if the cables are connected incorrectly.
Types of public address systems
PA systems are of the following types.
Indoor PA systems
These are the small basic PA systems that use 50 to 200 watts power. The volume of the speakers depends on the amount of energy it is using. These systems don’t produce a very loud sound.
Fixed PA systems
These systems are mostly used in movie theatres to produce loud sounds. You have to select a proper place for placing the system. You can give a professional look at the theatre by choosing the right place for the system. However, you will have to do proper wire settings and hide them properly as well as ensure they reach the socket.
Portable PA systems
These are small and lightweight systems that can be carried anywhere. Some portable systems also have tyres to shift them safely. These systems don’t require much space to place.
Buying Guide for public address system
You will have to check the following things in a PA system before buying it.
- Different sizes of PA systems are available that have different volume capacities. This is a very important factor to check. Because if you need it for a large space like school buildings or an industrial site, you cannot buy a low volume system. So, choose according to your need. But if you need it for a large audience, you can also easily buy separate speakers to attach to it.
- The area of the room is also important. You cannot buy a high-volume PA system for a room having a capacity of 100 to 150 people.
- Check the input and output of the PA system. It will determine the volume of the speaker.
- Check the power source of the PA system. Also, check the battery capacity of the system.
- Some PA systems have in-built FM, Bluetooth, and voice recorders, etc. PA systems also have connectivity with different devices. Plus, always check out the additional features they may have.
How does a public address system work?
- The PA system is mostly used by musicians or orators during concerts or speeches to amplify the sound so that the audience, especially those placed further away, can listen to it clearly.
- The system has different parts and works on a simple principle.
- When a person speaks or sings into the mic, it converts the sound waves into voltage.
- The voltage is then transmitted to the mixer or a loudspeaker that amplifies it.
- This increased voltage enables the speaker to change the pressure of sound and recreate it.
- The resultant sound will be higher in volume.
Top 10 Best public address systems in India-Buyers Guide
1. ACOOSTA UNO
This is a very good quality wireless speaker featuring 2000-watts PMPO speakers. The speaker comes with 14000 pre-installed songs of different genres. It also has connectivity with radio, voice recording, and karaoke. The battery timing is up to 5 hours and the speaker comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It has a very good built-in music and loud sound
- It has many options for connectivity
- Battery life is not very good
2. Behringer EUROLIVE B205D PA/Monitor Speaker System
This is also a good speaker with an output of 150 watts. It is suitable for press conferences, multimedia, and home studios. It is a lightweight speaker with an in-built amplifier. The speaker works on revolutionary class D amplifier technology that produces incredible sound. The mixer has 3 channels having 3-bands EQ.
- It is a lightweight system that is best for small functions and school assemblies
- It can be connected to any source including TV, iPad, and laptop, etc.
- No negative things have been observed about the product
3. Behringer EUROLIVE B210D Active PA Speaker System
It is a high-power speaker with an output of 220 watts. It is a compact speaker that produces very high volume and good quality sound. The speaker has a revolutionary class D amplifier technology. It has an internal switch-mode power supply that reduces the noise during sound production. The power consumption of the Behringer EUROLIVE B210D Active PA Speaker System is very low. The manufacturer is offering 3 years warranty for the product.
- It is very easy to carry and easy to use
- It produces enough sound for a small space
- The sound quality of the speaker is not very good
4. Ahuja Portable PA system
It is a wireless PA system that is best for parties, conference rooms, classrooms, and tours, etc. The system has a built-in amplifier and also has a mic, USB or SD player, mic input, and AUX. The system is very easy to install anywhere because it is wireless. It is lightweight and has a compact design so it can be carried and placed anywhere. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on the amplifiers.
- The good thing about the package is that it comes in a beautiful bag
- Remote control is also available in the package
- The quality of the speaker is very good and the sound quality is also superb
- Users face problems with the battery
- Bluetooth connectivity is unavailable
5. MDR Electronics MX 10″ MX 3710 Multimedia Trolley Bluetooth Speaker
This is one of the best PA systems on our list. It comes with a cordless mic and has an in-built speaker. The system has a high-frequency receiver for FM and also has a LED display, guitar input, and AUX or USB functions. The system also has connectivity options with SD cards, FM, and Bluetooth. The battery timing for the system is 3 hours. Two cordless microphones are also available in the package.
- Its connectivity to all the devices including FM, Bluetooth, and SD is great
- The sound quality is great
- The remote available in the package is not good
- It doesn’t work well on high volume because of the sound breaks on that level
6. TAKARA T-1112 Portable Trolley Speaker
This is a great portable PA system with tires to safely and easily take anywhere. It is a 12-inch trolley speaker with an in-built MP3 player. It has a connectivity option with SD or USB and also has a recording system. The sounds or songs recorded can easily be saved on the SD card. It also has Bluetooth and FM connectivity and a slot for memory cards. You also can attach it to other devices with the help of an AUX cable. The package comes with 2 cordless mics and a wired mic. It has a rechargeable battery that easily works for 4 to 5 hours.
- The sound quality is great and clear
- It is a good product at a reasonable less price
- It doesn’t have the option to lower the volume
- You cannot use the mic, AUX, and Bluetooth at the same time
7. Mega MP-99USB Portable Public Address (PA) System
Another amazing PA system on our list is the Mega MP-99 portable address system. It has a built-in speaker having an output of 40 watts. The device also has Bluetooth and USB connectivity. The package contains an XLR mic and 6 meters wire. A voice recording facility is also available. Six months warranty is also available for the product.
- The speaker has a good battery life
- The sound is loud and clear
- Can easily be connected via AUX and Bluetooth
- The sound quality is not very good
8. MEDHA D.J. PLUS Professional Cube-40n Karaoke Portable Public Address System
The system comes with a speaker of 40 watts. It works on a rechargeable battery. The sound effect is very good and has a digital echo effect. The package contains a remote control, an external speaker, an antenna for FM, MP3 player with USB input lines.
- The sound quality is good
- The connectivity with all the mentioned devices is very good
- It is not a durable product
9. Zoook Rocker Thunder Party Speaker
This is a high-volume party speaker of 20 watts. It comes with a functional remote and a mic. The Bluetooth connectivity is available and has a good range of 10 meters. The battery lasts for 4 hours on a full charge. The system has built-in Bluetooth, micro-SD input, aux-in, FM radio, and mic.
- Battery life is very good
- A built-in mic is of good quality and the sound input of the speaker is also very good
- It is a budget-friendly public address system
- Connecting and disconnecting of wire to the mic is cumbersome
- Low-quality buttons are used in the system
10. Impex TS-25B 25 W Multimedia Portable Trolley Speaker
This system has high-quality and powerful speakers that produce very good quality and clear audio. FM is also available in the system. The system has Bluetooth, USB, SD, and MMC connectivity. The manufacturer claims that because the speaker uses modern technology, it produces high-quality sound. The speaker is wireless and has a wattage of 25 watts, LED light, VHF mic, and AUX/BT/FMUSBTF functions. The manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty for the product.
- The battery life of the system is good
- A wireless mic is available which is great
- You can play via Bluetooth, SD card, or AUX
- The system is not for big places and parties
- The system is not very durable
If you are a musician or arrange parties or gatherings at regular intervals, you will need a PA system to fully enjoy the audio. A lot of options are available in the market. But we have compiled all the necessary details and the best options of PA systems available in the market. We hope it will help you decide which PA system to invest in.
What is the PA system?
It is a public address system that is used to amplify the sound of audio in a concert or classrooms, conferences, or meeting rooms.
What are the types of PA systems?
Four different types of PA systems are available in the market. The types are a speaker on a stand, stage stack, cluster arrays, and mini line array system. We have provided the details above.
Which is the best public address system?
In this article, we have compiled a list of the top 10 PA systems. You can go through them and pick the best based on your needs.