A pressure pump is a device that serves the purpose of increasing the liquid flow rate. You may use it in a domestic setting, especially if the water supply comes at low pressure. So in that case, the pump raises the pressure, making it possible for you to use things like showers. Normally, it would be impossible to use a shower if your water supply comes at low pressure. So the pump solves that sort of problem. You can also use the pump to improve output from a RO (Reverse Osmosis) filtration system.
Another possible use of the pressure pump is in irrigation. If the water available for irrigation is coming at low pressure, you use the pump to boost it. Further still, there is the possibility of using the pump in a commercial setting. If, for instance, you run a car wash business, you may find this type of pump helpful. That is because it can boost the water pressure, making it suitable for use in a car wash.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best High Pressure washers, Booster Pumps, water taps, water purifiers, 1.5 HP Water Pump Motors, 1HP Water Pump, Texmo Water Pumps, Submersible Pump, High-Pressure water pumps, Crompton water pumps, Kirloskar water pumps, vacuum pump brands, air pumps for cars, cycle air pumps, AC Motors India.
Top 9 Best Pressure Pumps in India
Features of Pressure Pump
- One feature to really pay attention to in a pressure pump is its maximum flow rate. This may be in terms of liters per minute. Remember, the purpose of setting up the pump is to increase the flow rate. So you need to be sure of the extent to which it can really do that.
- Another feature to consider is the pump’s power consumption requirements. A pump that uses too much electricity can soon prove to be impossible to maintain. So you need to know what sort of motor is in the pump, and how much power it runs on.
- Yet another key feature to consider in a pressure pump is the noise level it makes. If a pump makes too much noise, it becomes inconvenient to have around.
- Further, the vibration level for the pump can be something to pay attention to. This can have a bearing on how durable the pump ends up being. And it determines how the pump affects other things around it.
Types of Pressure Pumps
- There are automatic pressure pumps. Then there are manual pressure pumps. The automatic pressure pumps are able to detect water flow on their own and start boosting pressure instantly.
- Conversely, manual pressure pumps are such that one has to switch them on, for them to start boosting flow.
- There are pressure pumps that only work with cold water supplies.
- Then there are pressure pumps that work with both cold and hot water supplies.
Buying Guide for Pressure Pump
- Firstly, the pressure pump you buy should be powerful enough to serve its intended purpose. So you consider the output pressure you wish to achieve. Then you only buy a pump whose motor and other components can reliably deliver such output pressure.
- Secondly, the pump you buy should be one whose vendor offers a proper warranty. Note that in this sort of product, a warranty is very important (even if you don’t get to use it). A proper warranty is effectively a manufacturer’s or vendor’s vote of confidence in their product. You thus need to desist from getting a pressure pump that seems to have a doubtful warranty.
- Thirdly, the pump you purchase should be one that is being sold at a price that is fair. To know what pressure pump price would be considered fair, you may need to check what various vendors charge. You can then get to avoid paying an excessively high-pressure pump price.
How To Use a Pressure Pump?
- You may use the pressure pump in your home, to increase flow rates for showers, taps, and RO filtration systems. Another option is to use the pump in your garden or farm, to increase flow rates for irrigation purposes.
- Also open to you may be the option of using the pump in a car wash business setting.
- There are two connections to make while installing the pressure pump.
- The first is a connection between the pump and the water supply.
- The second is the connection between the pump and the power source.
- Once you get these two connections right, the pump should be ready to serve you: in improving water flow rates.
List of Top 9 Best Pressure Pumps in India-Buyers Guide
1. V-Guard (VCB14-F030) Automatic Water Pressure Pumps
This is a cast iron pump. It is suitable for use in boosting hot water circulation.
- This pump is more or less noiseless
- Vibration for this pump is extremely low
- It comes with an overload check (of thermal type)
- You may need an expert’s help to install this pump
- Its flow switch operation may be confusing to some users initially
2. Sulfar Lutian Car Washer Pressure Pumps
What you get here is a 1200-watt pump. It is compact and portable.
- It can deliver as much as 390 liters per hour
- This pump has a good working radius of 9 meters
- The pump also incorporates a spray jet
- This pump does make some slight sounds while working at times
- Some may feel that the power cord could be sturdier
3. Crompton (CIL 120) Surface Single-Phase Pressure Pumps
This is an aluminium pump. It is ideal for domestic use.
- There is an overload check in this pump, which protects the motor
- Unlike many others, this pump can work even in homes with a single-phase power supply
- Maintaining this pump is easy, as it works on a simple mechanism
- The price for this pump may come across (to some) as a bit high
- Sometimes, this pump’s motor may seem to have slight heating which can arouse concerns initially
4. Grundfos Water Pressure Pumps (Automatic)
This is a compact and efficient pump. It can work with hot water, up to 95 degrees Celsius.
- Installation for this pump is not too complex
- This is largely a noise-free pump
- The pump takes relatively little space once fitted
- Some may find this to be a relatively costly pump
- Opening this pump for repair (if that becomes necessary) can be a challenge
5. ANOX Mini Water Pressure Pumps (Automatic)
This is a small but effective pump. It is made from copper.
- This pump does not make noise
- It is an easy-to-set-up pump
- The pump can boost pressure for 2 to 3 taps
- This pump won’t give more than 1 bar pressure rise
- To get the pump’s automatic mode to work properly, you must install it in a certain very specific way
6. DMAKS PC 10 Pressure Pumps Controller
Gives a max flow rate of 500 liters per hour. Made from polypropylene.
- This controller has automatic sensors
- Works for a wide range of pressure pumps (any in the 0.5 to 1 HP range)
- The price for this pump controller is not too high
- This controller won’t work well if there are leakages in the line
- The controller is unsuitable for use on any pump that is above 1 HP size
7. Wilo Pressure Pumps
What you get here is a 0.10 HP pump. Suitable for boosting shower flows and other basic uses.
- This is a remarkably silent pump
- It includes a highly effective cooling fan (which potentially increases its durability)
- Repair for this pump (if it becomes necessary) can be quite easy, due to its design
- The price for this pump is not very low
- The pump is a bit challenging to install
8. HPT 160w Water Pressure Booster Pumps
Suitable for use in boosting bathroom and kitchen water pressure. It is capable of automatic operation.
- The motor in this pump can potentially offer very long service
- This pump comes with a very helpful thermal overload protector
- The pump uses power at a quite low rate
- You may need to get a plumber to help you in installing this pump
- This may prove not to be a particularly easy-to-repair pump (should issues that require repair come up)
9. HEAVY DUTY PRESSURE PUMPS
This is a 180w pump. Very ideal for domestic residential usage to boost flow rates.
- The body of the pump is very compact
- This pump does not require too much electricity
- The pump’s 100% wound copper motor works very smoothly
- Maximum flow is 26 litres per minute
- The pump may be easily ruined if you accidentally run it empty
If you have a low-pressure water supply and want a satisfactory flow rate, you need a good pressure pump. This guide has the information you need while shopping for such a good quality pressure pump in India.
What is a pressure pump used for?
It is used for increasing flow rates in taps, showerheads, and other water outlet points.
Which pressure pump is good for home?
An ideal pump is one that is efficient and reasonably easy to set up.
How does the water pressure pump work?
The pump works through its motor-driven impellers, which pull water in and then push it out at higher pressure.