A 5-liter pressure cooker is a relatively high-capacity vessel, designed for fast cooking. Normally, a pressure cooker 5 liters vessel can hold food for between 5 and 7 people. You may buy this sort of vessel for use in cooking at home. It can be helpful if yours is a big household, with between 5 and 7 people. In the home, this sort of vessel can also come in handy while hosting visitors. There is also the possibility of using the pressure cooker 5 liters vessel in a business setting. That is if, for instance, you have a café business.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Pressure Cookers, Prestige Pressure Cookers, Hawkins Cookers, Electric Rice Cookers, Electric kettles, Microwave ovens, OTG Ovens, Induction stoves, Electric stoves, Electric Tandoors, Electric Lunch boxes, Egg boilers, Pizza Makers, Idli Makers in India.
Top 10 Best 5Liters Pressure Cookers in India
Features of Pressure Cookers 5 Litres
- One key feature in a pressure cooker 5 litres vessel is its handle insulation. This determines how safe it will be to handle at high temperatures. A pressure cooker with poor handle insulation can present a burning hazard to the user’s hands.
- Another key feature in a pressure cooker 5 litres vessel is its base width. This may determine which sorts of recipes you can use the vessel in. It can also tell us how evenly the vessel is likely to heat food up.
- Yet another key feature in a pressure cooker 5 litres vessel is its pressure regulation capacity. Ideally, the vessel should allow for complete pressure regulation: either through a knob or through an automatic system.
- Further, in a pressure cooker 5 litres vessel, safety valve positioning is an important feature. This impacts the vessel’s overall safety profile. Ideally, the vessel should have a safety valve with shielding of some sort.
Types of Pressure Cookers 5 Litres
- There are pressure cooker 5 litres vessels that are mainly built using stainless steel. Then there are pressure cooker 5 litres vessels that are mainly built using aluminum.
- The pressure cooker 5 litres vessels with stainless steel bodies tend to have a better (shiny, mirror-like) appearance. On the other hand, the aluminum pressure cooker 5 litres vessels may have more staining vulnerability. But with regard to the cooker price 5-litre vessels are sold at, the aluminum ones are typically cheaper.
- There are induction pressure cooker 5 litres vessels. Then there are gas stovetop pressure cooker 5 litres vessels.
- We have automatic pressure cooker 5 litres vessels. Then we have fully manual pressure cooker 5 litres vessels.
Buying Guide for Pressure Cookers 5 Litres
- Firstly, the pressure cooker 5 litres vessel you buy should have good heat conduction. This depends on what metal it is made from. It also depends on factors like its base thickness, as well as its shape.
- Secondly, the pressure cooker 5 litres vessel you buy should have a fully effective safety valve. Otherwise, if you buy a vessel with a dubious safety valve, it becomes a hazard.
- Thirdly, the pressure cooker 5 litres price you pay should be reasonable. It is best to first make an effort to know what the average prices for these vessels are like.
- Then you can be sure that the price you pay for this cooking vessel is within a fair range. So that is a fair range on the basis of the going average price rates for these cooking vessels.
How To Use Pressure Cookers 5 Litres?
- You may use the pressure cooker 5 litres vessel to boil foods faster. It is also possible to use the pressure cooker 5 litres vessel to sauté foods more evenly. Further, there is the option of using the pressure cooker 5 litres vessel to steam foods in a better way.
- The pressure cooker 5 litres vessel always has a lid with a pivot for opening it. So you just need to open it up, in order to put your food in it. Then you close it securely. Thereafter you make the appropriate selection for the pressure setting.
- Then you turn on the electricity or gas heat. Once your food is ready, you release the steam pressure (through the right knob or lever). You then open up the vessel and proceed to serve up the food that was in it.
List of Top 10 Best Pressure Cookers 5 Litres in India-Buyers Guide
1. Hawkins (CB 50) 5 Litre Contura Pressure Cooker
This is a hard anodized vessel. It comes with an inner lid.
- It heats much faster (since its body colour is black)
- The vessel’s body is chemically stable and never reacts with the food
- It maintains a newish look throughout (does not become dull with time)
- Some may initially struggle with its body curve design
- Certain parts of it may be a little hard to clean
2. Pigeon by Stovekraft Favourite 5 Liters Silver Aluminium Pressure Cooker
Works on an induction stovetop. Pigeon Cooker comes with a simple outer lid.
- The price is quite low for a 5-litre vessel
- This vessel’s outer lid is easy to operate
- It uses heat power quite efficiently
- This is a rather lightweight vessel
- It may start staining a bit as time passes
3. Prestige Svachh Nakshatra Duo Red 5 Liter Pressure Cooker
This is an aluminium vessel. Prestige cooker comes with remarkably sturdy handles.
- Works with both induction and gas
- The manufacturer offers a 5-year warranty
- Its safety plug is metallic in structure
- It may not be possible to program this cooker in any way (it works fully manually)
- This is an inner-lid cooker
4. Vinod 18/8 Stainless Steel 5 Liter Outer Lid Pressure Cooker
Vinod cooker is a shiny silver cooker. Suitable for the two major types of stovetops: gas and induction.
- It has a silicone gasket
- Its safety valve is fusible
- The aluminium core for this cooker is 5 mm extra thick
- This cooker does not come cheap
- It has a tall and narrow design (which can have a minor effect on some recipes)
5. Butterfly Cordial 5 Liter Silver Pressure Cooker
This Butterfly cooker is a non-induction base cooker. It has a simple outer lid.
- The price for this 5-litre vessel is reasonably low
- It has a good mirror polish shiny finish
- This vessel allows for easy washing in a dishwasher
- The warranty for this cooker is only 2 years
- It can’t work with induction stoves
6. Impex (IFC 5) Induction Base 5 Liter Silver Pressure Cooker
This Impex cooker is an easy-to-use outer lid cooker. The core metal material in it is highly durable virgin aluminium.
- It has a rubber gasket
- Its handle is comfortable on the hands
- The warranty runs for 5 years
- The base is not very thick
- Some may find the metal body a bit too light
7. Pannikin 5 Liter Silver Inner Lid Pressure Cooker
What you get here is a simple yet fully effective Pannikin aluminum cooker. It has a shiny mirror-like external look.
- It comes locking lid (which adds to its safety profile)
- This cooker heats up quite fast
- The price at which this cooker comes is very pocket-friendly
- The base thickness is somewhat modest
- Stains on this cooker can prove a little hard to remove
8. UCOOK Smart 3-in-1 Black Pressure Cooker
This is a multipurpose Ucook cooker. Comes complete with a strainer lid.
- Suitable for working with induction stoves
- Allows you to sieve stuff before putting it in (as it has a strainer lid)
- The base conducts heat evenly
- Some may find this 5-litre pressure cooker a bit costly
- Its black color can conceal stains
9. Judge by TTK Prestige 5 Liter Silver Pressure Cooker
What you get here is a fast-heating aluminium Judge deluxe cooker. It has an induction base.
- It comes with an easy grip and sturdy handle
- The pressure regulator on this vessel is long-lasting
- The price for this 5-litre vessel is quite reasonable
- The lid may initially present slight closing challenges
- The base width is slightly low
10. Amazon Brand (Solimo) 5 Liter Induction Pressure Cooker
This is a manual Amazon solimo stainless steel cooker. It works with induction and gas as well as solid plate and ceramic heat source.
- This cooker doesn’t take much effort to clean
- The price is quite low for a 5-liter induction pressure cooker
- It comes with a quick-heating sandwich-type base
- Stirring food at the bottom of this cooker can a bit tricky due to its taller design
- Some may find the handle a little bit clumsy initially
A good quality 5-liter pressure cooker can help you save cooking time and cost. This guide can be of help to anyone shopping for the best pressure cooker 5 litres vessels in India.
Which is the best 5 L pressure cooker?
One with good heat conduction, complete safety features and a convenient handle design.
What is the cost of 5 liter pressure cooker?
Pressure cooker 5 litres price ranges from 1000 to 3,500 Indian rupees, depending on quality.
How much rice can you cook in a 5 liter pressure cooker?
It can hold as much as 500 grams of rice.