A power tiller is a machine that cultivates wet soil. The power tiller was introduced in the year 1920. Japan was the first country to use power tillers. Consequently, in 1962, Indians started using power tillers. This machine has a big impact on farming. Farmers can increase production as a result. They can also speed up their farming processes. Since its invention, human labor has decreased.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Gardening Tools, DeWalt Power Tools, Makita Power Tools, Drill Machines, Angle Grinders, Welding Machines, Hand Tools Kit, Impact Wrenches, Torque Wrenches, Line Laser Levels, Laser Distance Measurer, Brush Cutter Machines, Land Mowers, chain saw machines, oscillating saw machines, circular saw machines, chop saw machines, jigsaw machines, miter saws, band saws, scroll saw, coping saw, reciprocating saws, Table saw Machines, Pruning Saws, hacksaws & Pole saws.
Top 10 Best Power Tillers in India- Buyers Guide
Features of Power Tiller
- A walking-type tractor is a power tiller. A person must be behind the machine while holding the handles. That is how to operate it.
- The parts of a power tiller are the main clutch, engine, transmission gears, brakes, and rotary unit.
- Many manufacturers of power tillers use diesel engines. These are brands like Kubota, Mitsubishi, Krishi, Yanmar, and Satoh. Meanwhile, only the Iseki power tiller makes use of the kerosene engine.
Types of Power Tillers
- Power tillers have types according to their uses.
- Mini tillers are small. These are ideal for home gardening or smaller areas. It is ideal to use this when you are not strong enough.
- Front line tillers are also ideal for home gardening and medium-sized areas. These have limited functions when compared to the larger ones.
- Rear tine tillers are the largest. These are the best and most convenient for wide areas.
Buyer’s Guide for Power Tiller
- You must first identify the area to be cultivated. Is it for home gardening, small farm space, medium-sized farm, or large-scale farming? Do you have the strength to handle heavy machines? Or would you prefer a lighter one?
- Then check for product dimensions. Read the engine specifications such as performance, power, fuel type, and tank capacity.
- Check the tilling width and blade types.
- Lastly, it must come with a warranty.
How to use Power Tiller?
- Prepare the area you need to till. Remove rocks, weeds, and any debris. Wear proper protective equipment for safety purposes.
- Make sure the blades and tines are clean. Check oil level. Maintain fresh fuel. Height adjustment action must move easily.
- Move the tiller to the desired area. Turn and pull the lever. Start the engine. Hold your weight on both feet then hold the handles tightly.
- Start cultivating the soil.
List of Top 10 Best Power Tillers in India Buyers Guide
1. Honda FG110 9in 25cc 4-Stroke Forward Rotating Gas Mini Tiller/Cultivator
The item dimension is 16.5 x 23 x 26 inches. It weighs approximately 28.6 lbs.
- Easy starting Honda mini 4-stroke engine.
- Patented Honda hybrid tines for unsurpassed performance.
- The fastest tine speed is 294 RPM
- It is ideal for small areas only.
- It is expensive for its quality.
2. Neptune Simplify Farming Heavy Duty Power Tiller
It is a 2-stroke 62 ccs high performance, 3 HP engine, and 2-stroke single cylinder. Maximum power is at 2.2kw/6500 RPM.
- It is lightweight and small.
- It has a 3-year warranty.
- The fuel tank capacity is 1.2 liters.
- This is ideal for home gardening and small spaces.
- It is expensive.
3. Balwaan Power Tiller
The item dimensions is 34.5 x 18.5 x 30 centimeters. Its engine type is a 4-stroke air-cooled single-cylinder, 7 HP engine. It has a fuel tank capacity of 3.6 liters.
- It has a 1-year warranty.
- It comes with a set of 32 blades.
- The handlebar is adjustable.
- It has no user manual provided.
- It is expensive.
4. KMW By Kirloskar Min T POWER WEEDER
The engine is at 8 HP. The shaft lengths are 40 x 2 cms; 12 x 2 cms, and 10 x 2 cms.
- With 52 blades for tilling.
- It has advanced brakes and a tractor-like seat ensuring maximum safety and comfort for users.
- The machine comes along with 3 sizes of shafts and 2 discs.
- The machine is manually operated.
- It is very expensive.
5. VST Shakti 135 Di-Ultra.S Power Tiller
It is a horizontal 4-stroke single-cylinder water-cooled diesel engine OHV. Its engine is 13 HP at 2400 pm
- Its key feature is hand-operated internal expanding metallic shoe type brakes.
- It is affordable.
- It has a combustion chamber direct injection (DI).
- Out of stock on Amazon
- Not ideal for small areas.
6. Kisan Kraft Groverzmart Agricultural Tiller, Intercultivator, KK-IC-100P
The net weight is 34 kg and the working width is 42 cm. The engine is air-cooled at 7 HP.
- Has a 6-month warranty.
- The fuel tank is 1.6L and the oil tank has a 0.35L capacity
- 100mm tilling depth and 1000mm tilling width
- Applicable for weeding.
- Tilling width is nonadjustable.
7. BKR® Simplify Farming Heavy Duty Power Tiller
Its engine is 2 stroke 62 CC 3 HP. The rpm of the engine is 6500.
- It has sharp blades with a cutting depth of 5-6 inches which cut out the weeds and dig out the soil.
- Good for farming.
- Spare blades are available for purchase.
- Has only one type of blade.
- Has low horsepower.
8. KANAK Farming Garden Mini Hand Push Tiller
The engine is a single-cylinder, forced air cooling type, 2 strokes, and 2.4 HP. It is 7 x 7 x 8 centimeters and weighs 10 kgs.
- The fuel tank capacity is 1200 ml.
- Easy starting.
- It is affordable.
- Applicable for home gardening and small areas.
- Has no customer reviews as a guide for buying.
9. The Groverzmart Power Tiller KK – IC – 205P
The item dimension is 40 x 90 x 90 centimeters. The engine is a 4-stroke, 3 kW (4 HP), 196 ccs.
- Good for farming.
- Has 180 total blades and 32 pcs blades type dry land blades.
- The fuel tank capacity is 3.6 liters.
- It is expensive.
- Not ideal for home gardening.
10. GT Shakti Farming Garden Mini Power Tiller
It has a 2 Stroke 63 cc high-performance engine, and a 2 stroke single cylinder. Its maximum power is 1.65kw/8500 RPM. The machine dimension is 76.2 x 45.7 x 45.7 centimeters.
- It has dual rotary tines that dig in large or narrow spaces to flip soil thoroughly.
- Has an ergonomic handle design with overhead controls.
- The price is affordable.
- Ideal for home gardening and small spaces only.
- It is lightweight.
Farmers are important in our society. They provide us with the food that we eat. But, cultivating the land can be tedious. Especially when hectares of land need to be tilled. It will require manpower. Now, farming has become easy thanks to power tillers.
A power tiller loosens the ground and mixes it. That is why gardeners prefer to use power tillers. It is efficient and effective.
These machines are not cheap. It’s easy to use but needs constant maintenance. Furthermore, you must clean the blades and change the fuel regularly.
If it is your first time using or buying tillers, read more about them. . Know the different types of tillers. Before buying, check for dents or cracks on the machine. Read its engine performance. These are things to consider for you to get the value of what you have paid.
In conclusion, tillers can make life easier.
What are a power tiller and its use?
A power tiller is a farm machine to cultivate the land. It can operate electrically or can run on fuel. Rotary tiller, rototiller, rotavator, rotary hoe, or plow are its other terms. Take note that this machine cannot operate on its own. A person should maneuver it.
Which is the best power tiller?
The best power tiller must be able to break and mix the soil. It should perform its primary function. More importantly, you must understand how it works.
Experts say that the best tiller should help you lessen work without exerting much effort.
What is the price of the power tiller?
The price of power tillers can start from 16,000 up to 125,000 rupees. This depends on the machine size, motor engine, and the manufacturer.