The human body requires oxygen as a primary source to produce energy and for the better functioning of the body and brain. Many people face a shortage of oxygen due to various medical conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease COPD, asthma, heart stroke, or other respiratory problems.
Other factors such as fatigue, lack of stamina, and air pollution can also contribute to breathing problems. All of these factors lead to symptoms that cause discomfort and put you in an uneasy condition. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the pulse oxymeters, PPE kits, Sanitizer spray, Hand sanitizers, Fogging Machines, sanitizer spray pumps, infrared Thermometers, Sugar test machines, and BP Machines in India.
There are many energy and oxygen supplements available in the market that can help you recover from such conditions. A portable oxygen cylinder contains pure natural oxygen that instantly helps you during breathing difficulties or breathlessness. They have become an essential part of emergency medical kits as they instantly help recover the body from low oxygen levels.
Top 8 Portable Oxygen Cylinder Brands in India
Features to keep in mind while choosing a portable oxygen cylinder
- Portable oxygen cylinders or cans act instantly on increasing the oxygen levels and help overcome the impacts caused due to oxygen deprivation.
- It also helps in restoring the body and brain functionality to normal levels. Moreover, these portable oxygen cylinders can also be useful for improving breath recovery during and after intense workout sessions.
- Not only does it assist as an oxygen supplement, but also helps in regaining vitality, energy, and freshness after long working hours, long-haul flights, travelling to high altitude places, and also after hangovers.
- These oxygen cylinders come in handy for people of all ages with severe medical conditions.
Types of portable oxygen cylinders
Oxygen cylinders are widely available in the market. They vary based on the size and quantity content of oxygen carried in them. The three most common types of portable oxygen cylinders are used.
Portable compressed gas system
These are the biggest oxygen supplements available for use. The system consists of an oxygen concentrator with a tube that is approximately 50-feet-long.
Portable liquid oxygen system
These portable oxygen tanks are refilled through stationary oxygen reservoirs at home. These are also used for patients with critical conditions that require constant support for oxygen supply.
Portable oxygen cylinders/canned oxygen
These cans/cylinders are compact and can be carried easily in handbags. They only weigh 100 grams and provides up to 200 bursts of oxygen. They are effective oxygen supplements for first aid.
Buyers Guide-Portable Oxygen Cylinders
- While oxygen cylinders sport great features and purposes, they can also bring a considerable amount of disadvantages and side effects.
- There is a wide range of oxygen cylinders available and most of them are featured with scents or flavours, which could trigger the condition instead of fixing it. For those individuals who struggle with severe respiratory problems, added artificial scents such as menthol or grapefruit could worsen the condition. They should opt for plain flavourless and scentless products.
- Additionally, although these oxygen cylinders are used as a substitute and help recover instantly from low oxygen levels, they should not be taken for granted especially if you have critical respiratory issues or breathing problems caused by other illnesses.
- For a healthy living lifestyle and daily use, portable oxygen cylinders are a suitable supplement for oxygen shortages, however, for individuals with critical medical conditions that are related to oxygen levels, it is suggested to consult with your physician before solely relying on this product.
- A wide range of manufactures provides oxygen cylinders at different prices. The average oxygen cylinder price of one unit ranges between 450-500 Indian rupees.
How to use a portable oxygen cylinder?
- Portable oxygen cylinders come in canisters made of aluminium.
- You can use it by inhaling the oxygen released either through your mouth or nose.
- Most canisters have buttons or triggers on the top of the can similar to body deodorants.
- You have to position it either towards the mouth or the nose and spray a burst and inhale as deep as you can without holding your breath, and you exhale normally.
- Most manufacturers also provide additional breathing masks or they can be bought separately.
- The effect and result of this can vary based on person to person as well as the condition and purpose they are using it for.
- Although they instantly stabilize the oxygen levels in the body, for some individuals the duration of the effect may last shorter or longer depending on the activities done before consumption.
List of Top 8 Best portable oxygen cylinder Brands in India
1. Oxy99 Portable Oxygen Cylinder
Oxy99 is a portable oxygen cylinder that is an ideal first aid oxygen supplement for patients with asthma, COPD, cardiac issues, pneumonia, etc. It is also suitable for headache, fatigue, and breathlessness as it promptly increases the oxygen levels in the body with 5-6 short bursts of oxygen. The product is comprised of 6 liters of oxygen that is available in a 500ml can. It is featured with a trigger system and a built-in mask for easy and effective inhaling.
- Portable and lightweight
- Not refillable
2. OXY99 Portable Oxygen Cylinder – 6 Pack (36 Litre)
This Oxy99 portable oxygen cylinder is available in a pack of 6. It is an oxygen supplement for patients with health conditions such as bronchitis, heart strokes, COPD, etc. It is also suitable for increasing oxygen levels after workouts, travelling to high altitudes, and hangovers. Each of the 500ml cans comprises of 6 litres of oxygen. It comes with a trigger system and a built-in mask for effective and easy inhaling.
- Pack of 6
- Not effective for patients with critical health conditions
3. MyOxy Portable Oxygen Can with an External Mask
The MyOxy portable oxygen cylinder is featured with a portable external mask. It is an instant supplement of oxygen that is suitable for balancing the body’s oxygen levels while traveling at higher altitude levels. The product is comprised of 5.9 litres of oxygen at 1200kPa with 100 bursts for inhaling.
- Lightweight and portable
- Featured with an external mask
- Not as effective for patients with serious health conditions
4. MyOxy Portable Oxygen Can
The MyOxy portable oxygen cylinder is a one-piece canister featuring a built-in mask shape on the top. It is a first-aid oxygen supplement for balancing the body’s oxygen levels of patients with respiratory conditions. It is also ideal for recovering the brain and body functionality after physical exertion. MyOxy is comprised of 5.9 liters of oxygen at 1200kPa.
- Featured with built-in mask
- Cannot be refilled
5. OXYGIZE® Portable Pure Natural Oxygen Cylinder (40 Litre, Combo of 4)
The Oxygize portable oxygen cylinder is a handy oxygen supplement to counter low oxygen levels in the body. It is available in a pack of 4 with each can comprised of 10 litres of compressed oxygen. It is featured with an external mask and trigger system for efficient and easy inhaling.
- Durable external mask
- Single external mask
6. OXYGIZE Citrus Brust Oxygen Cylinder (10 L)
This portable oxygen cylinder by Oxygize is featured with an added citrus burst flavor. The oxygen canister is suitable as a first-aid oxygen supplement for people who suffer from low oxygen levels. The product works instantly at recovering the brain and body functionality after intense workouts and physical activities. The product is comprised of 10 litres of compressed oxygen with added citrus flavour for a more refreshing effect.
- Added citrus flavor
- Affordable price
– The added flavor might trigger the heath condition of allergic patients
7. Buram HandyLyf Oxy Breathe Oxygen Can 2 PCS (9 Ltrz Can)
Handylyf’s oxygen canister is an instant oxygen supplement to maintain oxygen levels in the body. It is ideal to use for after workout sessions, hangovers, air polluted areas, and also for people with respiratory issues. The product comes in a pack of 2 that comprises of 9 litres of 99% pure oxygen in each can.
- Featured with a detachable mask
- Pack of 2
- One piece of mask
- Not refillable
8. OXYCHARGE – Pure Oxygen: Peppermint 3.3 ltrs
This oxygen cylinder is suitable as a first-aid oxygen supplement for people who suffer from breathlessness and low levels of oxygen. The product works instantly to recover from headaches, dizziness, and shortness of breath at high altitudes. The product comprises of 3.3 litres of compressed oxygen with added peppermint flavour for a more refreshing after effect.
- Added peppermint flavor
- Peppermint flavor might not be suitable for allergic people
Many people face a shortage of oxygen due to various reasons including medical conditions such as COPD, asthma, heart stroke, or other respiratory problems. Other factors such as fatigue, lack of stamina, and air pollution can also contribute to breathing problems. A portable oxygen cylinder contains pure natural oxygen that instantly helps you during breathing difficulties or breathlessness. Portable oxygen cylinders act instantly on increasing the oxygen levels and help overcome the impacts caused due to oxygen deprivation. It also helps in restoring the body and brain functionality to normal levels. Portable oxygen cylinders are lifesavers during emergency conditions, they can be used on individuals during sudden cardiac arrests and asthma attacks while waiting for professional medical attention.
What is a portable oxygen cylinder?
An oxygen cylinder contains pure natural oxygen that instantly helps you during breathing difficulties or breathlessness. They are an essential part of emergency medical kits as they instantly help recover the body from low oxygen levels. oxygen cylinders or cans act instantly on increasing the oxygen levels and help overcome the impacts caused due to oxygen deprivation. It also helps in restoring the body and brain functionality to normal levels.
When to use this portable oxygen cylinder?
oxygen cylinders are lifesavers during emergency medical conditions such as COPD, asthma, heart stroke, or other respiratory problems. Moreover, these oxygen cylinders can also be useful for improving breath recovery during and after intense workout sessions. Not only does it assist as an oxygen supplement but also helps in regaining vitality, energy, and freshness after long working hours, distant flights, travelling to high altitude places, and also during hangovers.
Must corona patients have this portable oxygen cylinder?
One of the symptoms of COVID-19 is the shortness of breath as it affects the lungs. People are stocking up on oxygen cylinders at home while they wait for a vacant bed in the nearest hospitals. Although these oxygen cylinder helps ease the breathing problems, their effect on recovery is not as significant as an oxygen concentrator or other heavy-duty oxygen systems.