A portable mobile charger is one that is easy to carry around. It is a charger with which you can move from place to place. Mobile charger portability comes from the charger’s design. A portable mobile charger is one that is compact in design: meaning that it doesn’t take too much space. Further, a portable mobile charger is one that is light in weight. The best portable mobile chargers also have fast charging capabilities. Further, a good mobile charger is supposed to have broad compatibility. This way, when traveling, you can carry one charger for multiple devices. Also, check the best Car mobile charger, Bike mobile chargers, and Mi mobile chargers.
Top 10 Best Portable Mobile Chargers in India
Features of Portable Mobile Charger
- Small size and low weight are the most critical features in a portable mobile charger.
- The plugs in a portable mobile charger should be of standard size.
- This way, the charge can connect with any socket easily.
- Nowadays, a portable mobile charger is expected to have USB compatibility.
- This would mean that it can connect to (and charge from) computer USB ports and other such devices.
- An ideal portable mobile charger should at least have surge protection.
- It should also have overheat protection. Solar mobile chargers are mostly preferred nowadays.
- And its power rating (given in volts/amperes or simply in watts) should be high enough.
Types of Portable Mobile Charger
- There are some portable mobile chargers that can only tap power from corded electricity.
- Then there are others that can also tap power from car outlets, computer USB ports, and so on.
- There are some portable mobile chargers that have fast charging capabilities.
- Then there are portable mobile chargers that are only capable of delivering normal charging speeds.
- We have some portable mobile chargers that can only charge one device at a time.
- Then we have others that can charge multiple devices simultaneously.
- Some portable mobile charges are compatible with a very broad range of devices.
- Other portable chargers are compatible with a narrower range of devices.
How to use a Portable Mobile Charger?
- A portable mobile charger always has a plug through which it connects to a power source.
- You need to identify that plug.
- Then use it to connect your charger to the power source.
- That power source could be mains (corded) electricity.
- It could also be a car phone charging outlet.
- Or it could be a computer’s USB port.
- Just connect the charger to the power source.
- Many of the portable mobile chargers have a light that goes on when they connect to a power source successfully.
- The next step is to connect the phone that needs charging to the portable mobile charger.
- Once the charging process starts, the phone will indicate so on its screen.
- Allow the phone to charge adequately.
- Once you are through with the charging process, turn the power source off.
- Then disconnect the portable mobile charger. Store it well for next time use.
Buying guide for Portable Mobile Charger
- Before buying any portable mobile charger, ask yourself how easy it will be to carry around.
- And to get an answer, check its design (for compactness) and its weight (for lightness).
- Another important consideration is the warranty.
- Go for a portable mobile charger with a good warranty that covers many things.
- Yet another important consideration is the ease of use.
- Go for a portable mobile charger with a standard size port and a standard size plug.
- Ensure that it has some mechanism to protect your device from excess charge and from excess heating.
List of Top 10 Best Portable Mobile Chargers in India-Buyers Guide
1. Mi 10W Mobile Phones Wall Charger
Supports fast charging. Includes 380v surge protection.
- Versatile charger (compatible with numerous devices)
- Comes with a micro USB cable
- Has 1.2-meter long cable
- Higher (100 grams) weight
- Only 10 watts rating
2. Combo Dual USB 2.4 Ampere Fast Charger
Has 2 USB ports. Sturdy design for long life.
- Can charge two devices simultaneously
- Quite an affordable price
- 4 amperage rating
- May experience slight heating
- The warranty covers 6 months only
3. Zinq Technologies 2 Ampere One Port Charger
Comes with 1 meter USB cable. One of the most affordable portable chargers.
- Considerably low price
- USB cable long enough for most needs
- Supports almost all types of devices
- Can only charge one device at a time
- Warranty can be hard to claim
4. FASHIONISTA Fast Speed Mobile Charger
Very compact design for portability. Also comes with a very long cable.
- Compatible with a wide array of devices
- The plug is standard size
- Good charging speed
- Seems to lack a proper warranty
- May experience slight heating
5. Glorious GE052400U04 Charger
This is another reasonably fast charger. Also one of the cheaper products in the niche.
- Low weight (high portability)
- Affordable by almost everyone
- Broadly compatible with devices
- Cable not particularly long
- USB may have some limitations
6. CableBasket Fast Mobile Phone Charger With a Triple Port Adapter
This is a high-capacity yet lightweight charger. The triple port adapter can charge many phones simultaneously.
- Works with all Android phones
- The low price has given the capacity
- Includes multiple circuits protection
- USB cable sometimes tangles
- Charger auto-detection may eventually get blunt with time
7. MYVN High-Speed Mobile Phone Wall Charger for Oppo Devices
Has to design for truly fast charging. Compatible with almost all handheld devices.
- Charges at top speed
- Unlikely to damage battery (it has multiple protections)
- Reasonably sleek design
- Some devices may not detect the charger
- Not much warranty
8. BoAt WCD Quick Charger
Supports type C connector. Truly portable, at 30 grams.
- 18w quick charging
- Pins are rust-resistant
- Includes smart IC protection
- May experience slight heating
- Charging speed is not always stable
9. BArrett Fast Charger That is Compatible with Xiaomi
Quite easy to carry around at, 88 grams. Reasonably fast charger.
- Price is affordable
- Works with most phones
- Pins fit well into Indian standard sockets
- It Maybe slightly slow to detect some devices
- Cable is of average length
10. Bhulli Hi-Speed Mobile Phones Charger
Has a 2-ampere standard rating. Promises ultra-fast charging.
- Reasonably efficient charger
- Doesn’t seem to suffer overheat
- Size small enough for portability
- Warranty is extremely short
- May not detect/power some devices
A portable mobile charger can help you keep your devices powered while on the move. You can refer to this device while shopping for a good portable charger in India.
1. What is a portable mobile charger?
It is one that is easy to carry around.
2. What is the difference between a power bank and a portable charger?
Power bank stores power. Portable charger only charges, without storing power.
3. What is the best portable mobile charger to buy?
It is one that has good charging speed, doesn’t overheat, and works with a broad range of devices.