A Pipe wrench is a very essential thing to keep in homes for doing small tasks. You cannot go to a plumber for small leakages and pay money. You should have this product in your home. In this article, you will get a lot of information about the wrench that will compel you to buy it.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Impact Wrenches, Torque Wrenches, Most useful hand tools, DeWalt power tools, Makita Power Tools, Drill Machines, Angle Grinders, Welding Machines, Hand Tools Kit, Line Laser Levels, Laser Distance Measurer, Brush Cutter Machines, chain saw machines, oscillating saw machines, circular saw machines, chop saw machines, jigsaw machines, miter saws, band saws, scroll saw, coping saw, reciprocating saws, Table saw Machines, Pruning Saws, hacksaws & Pole saws.
Top 10 Best Pipe Wrenches in India
Types of Pipe Wrenches
Straight pipe wrench
- This wrench is very suitable for pipes of about ¾ to 8 inches in thickness.
- They are made from steel or aluminum and are very good for household plumbing.
- This wrench has a narrow head to reach in a narrow or less space place.
- They are very suitable for pipes that are near any wall or close to each other or have bad angles connections.
End pipe wrench
- This wrench can be fixed at deviated angles so works best for the pipes near walls.
Compound leverage wrench
- The wrench is good for the joints and extra leverage pipes.
- This wrench can bear extra force and pressure so is very good for frozen, rusted, and blocked pipes.
- These wrenches are for plastic pipes or extra-sized pipes.
- This wrench doesn’t have metallic jaws, but instead a rubber strap head that you have to wrap around the pipe to twist it.
- This wrench has a chain instead of jaws that goes in confined places to plumb the pipes.
- This wrench can do heavy-duty tasks too.
Buyers Guide for Pipe Wrench
- Check the quality of the handle, as well as, the head of the wrench.
- They both must have good quality metal material.
- It is important to check the features of a pipe wrench clearly.
- The teeth must be heat-treated to make them strong and pressure resistant.
- The wrench should not be very heavy in lifting.
- Its handle must have a good finishing and be comfortable in touch.
- The pipe wrenches come in different sizes that are suitable for different sized pipes.
- The domestic use wrench will be smaller than the commercial one, so must check its size.
How to use Pipe Wrench
To use a pipe wrench it is very important to select the right type. Then attach it to the pipe by moving the jaw. Keep a little space between the pipe and the shank of the wrench for a strong grip. The pipe should attach to both sides of the teeth of the jaw. Then apply a force in rotating the wrench to lose the pipe.
List of Top 10 Best Pipe Wrenches in India Buyers Guide
1. STANLEY 71-642 Stilson Type Pipe Wrench
It is a 300mm wrench that can open up to 55mm. This wrench is strong and has a good quality body of cast iron. Its jaws are made from molybdenum steel. You can get a limited lifetime warranty on the product.
- Its head is adjustable so is suitable for different size pipes.
- The jaws can easily adjust themselves on the pipe, so the operation is smooth.
- It is a durable pipe wrench.
- The product is very suitable for small tasks.
- Its build-in quality is good.
- Some people got broken items.
- A few people found its jaws loose.
2. Taparia 1274 Steel pipe wrench
This is also a good wrench that is available at a reasonable pipe wrench price. Its material is an alloy steel that has a very good finishing of chrome steel. The wrench is very easy to handle because the handle is good and has a good grip. Its jaws are also good and strong and can open up to 76 degrees angle. The wrench has dimensions of 31*11*3 centimeters.
- Its material is very good and strong.
- It is a good wrench for usual plumbing works at home at a good pipe wrench price.
- The grip of the jaws is not very good.
- It is also a little bit heavy.
3. Tata Agrico Pipe Flex Wrench
It is a 12-inches flex-type pipe wrench for twisting the pipes. Its material is alloy steel with very good finishing. The serrated jaws are strong and can open up to 32mm. you can buy this pipe wrench in different colors. The company is also giving a warranty on the product.
- This is a good wrench for small pipes up to half to 1=inch pipes.
- It is very easy to use and handle.
- The wrench has a firm grip on the pipe.
- Some people didn’t like its quality.
4. ACHRO Pipe Wrench
It is a set of 2 good-quality pipe wrenches for domestic use. Their head is c-type having an alloy material with powder coating. The cast iron material makes it strong and suitable for heavy-duty tasks. It contains all the features that a good pipe wrench can have.
- The teeth are well aligned.
- It is a long-lasting product.
- It gets stuck sometimes while working.
5. FREEMANS Stillson Type Pipe Wrenches
It is another amazing plumbing product on our list by Freemans. The wrench is made up of metal and has dimensions of 28*3*7.5 centimeters. It is a useful product that has an induction hard polished head type. Its material is very good and high-quality which is well suited for its work. The jaws can open up to 45mm wide.
- The wrench is very strong and sturdy.
- Its jaws have a very strong grip.
- The price of this wrench is also very reasonable.
- Some customers claimed that the size is not the same as shown in the description.
6. AMBIKA Pipe Wrenches
It is a strong and heavy-duty wrench by Ambika that you can buy for your home. Its material is a carbon steel of very high quality and has a proper and neat polished finishing. The jaws can open up to 75mm and are strong. Its weight is 1 kilogram.
- Its material is very good so it is durable.
- The adjustment nut is very strong and smooth.
- The jaws can strongly hold a nut to its place.
- The weight is so much for a long time of work.
7. Suzec Johnson Series Pipe Wrenches
It is a c-shapes pipe wrench of size 250mm and the dimensions of the jaws are 28*7*3cm. its handle is wooden and the jaws are designed so well to grip a nut firmly. The wrench is tough and resistant to wear. You can move the jaws easily by thumbwheel and it tightens its grip by itself.
- The jaw teeth are deep and sharp to tightly hold the pipe.
- Its material is very good and resistant to rust formation.
- The handle has a good and comfortable grip.
- Some customers claimed that the description is wrong about the size of the product.
8. JCB Tools Pipe Wrenches
It is a cast-iron wrench that has the dimensions 33*79*282mm. The wrench is powder-coated to make it durable. Its working is very smooth as it distributes the load on the entire length. The jaw is good and the teeth are properly processed by milling and hardening to give a better grip.
- It is a strong and heavy-duty wrench.
- Its quality is very good and durable.
- It is heavy.
- The wrench cannot open a tight pipe.
9. Arnav Combo of Pipe Wrenches and Adjustable Wrench
It is a set of 2 wrenches, 1 pipe wrench, and the other adjustable wrench at a reasonable price. The wrenches have an alloy steel material and phosphate polishing. These are very suitable to use domestically and commercially. The jaws are treated, so the wrench is durable. The pipe wrench has a round head and the jaws are tempered and induction hardened.
- This pipe wrench price is quite reasonable.
- It is very sturdy.
- It will not disappoint you in quality and functioning.
- We didn’t find anything bad about this wrench.
10. Real Heavy Stillson Pipe Jaw Wrenches
It is a multi-purpose pipe wrench of an alloy steel material that is very good to meet your requirements. This is a heavy-duty wrench that has a powerful jaw with precisely angled teeth for a full grip. The company made the product with care and then tested it to provide a high-quality product to the customers.
- Its quality is outstanding.
- The jaws and handle are strong.
- Its handle is easy to carry and comfortable in working with.
- A few customers got the fake products.
Don’t think too much about buying a very essential household product, a pipe wrench. Find the best product by doing your research and buying it.
What is a pipe wrench used for?
A wrench pipe rotates, loose, or open pipes.
Which pipe wrench is best?
We cannot say a single product is the best because so many companies are manufacturing very good products. You can find a list of the best products in the article above.
How much does cost pipe wrench?
You can easily buy it for rupees 300 minimum. The price can vary according to the size, material, and brand.