A photo printer is a device that enables you to obtain printouts of the photos you take with your camera. In other words, it makes it possible for you to get ‘hard copies of the photos. It can be useful if, for instance, you want printed photos that can be framed and hung on the wall. It can also be useful if you want printed photos for display in ‘albums’.
People who are in the photography business also require good photo printers. That is because many clients often request printouts of the photos that are taken by the photographers. The printers are also good gift items for kids and adults alike. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best DSLR Cameras, Sony DSLR Cameras, and Canon DSLR Cameras in India.
Top 10 Best Photo Printers in India
Features of Photo Printer
- One feature that matters in a photo printer is device compatibility.
- This determines the devices you can connect to the printer, and then proceed to print photos out.
- Another feature that is important in a photo printer is its hardware interface.
- This determines how convenient it will be to use in various situations.
- Yet another key feature in a photo printer is maximum printing speed.
- You need to look at the max printing speed both in monochrome and color modes.
- The power source a photo printer uses is important, as is the photo editing capabilities it comes with.
Types of Photo Printer
- There are photo printers that use inkjet printing technology.
- Then there are those that use laser printing technology.
- We also have those that use dye sublimation and those that use OLED printing technologies respectively.
- We have photo printers that are portable.
- Then we have others that can only be used from one location (as they are not portable).
- There are photo printers that connect to other devices via wi-fi. We have others that connect via USB.
- We also have those that connect through Bluetooth.
How to use a Photo Printer?
- Firstly, you need to feed glossy paper (or whichever other type of paper you will be using) into the printer.
- The second step is to connect the printer to the camera. Alternatively, you can connect it to any other storage device (for instance flash disk) you will be printing photos from.
- The third step is to select the photos you wish to print. Some printers allow you to edit the photos (say, by adding filters) before printing.
- The fourth step is to ‘send’ the photos to the printer. Then wait for the photos to come out. With some printers, you will need to wait for the ink to dry, before proceeding to display/use the photos.
Buyers Guide for Photo Printer
- One key thing to consider is compatibility.
- You need to ask yourself whether the photo printer you are thinking of buying is compatible with your camera.
- You also need to check what other devices the printer can work with.
- Ideally, go for a printer with as broad compatibility as possible.
- Another important consideration is the printer’s efficiency.
- How fast is it at printing? What photo quality does it produce?
- Yet another important thing to pay attention to is the photo printer price.
- You first need to have some insight into the photo printer price ranges.
- Then ensure that the price you pay is justifiable by the printer quality you get.
List of Top 10 Best Photo Printers in India-Buyers Guide
1. KiiPix Smartphone Picture Printer
Uses laser printing technology. Capable of connecting to devices via wi-fi.
- This is a highly portable printer
- Works with a wide range of devices
- Price is quite low
- Using it properly may require some skill
- It is quite delicate, and thus requires careful handling
2. Lifeprint Photo (and Video) Printer
Connects to other devices via Bluetooth. The operating system is Android.
- Allows for printing from social media
- Produces very high-quality photos
- Compact in size and fully portable
- The app that supports this printer is quite basic
- It May is not compatible with some devices
3. Canon SELPHY CP1300 Photo Printer
This is a wireless printer. Works with cameras, smartphones, and tablets.
- Printing speed is decent
- The photos dry instantly
- Supports wireless printing
- Some may find it too costly
- Using the more advanced features in this printer may require certain specialized skills
4. Brother VC-500W Color Label and Photo Printer
Comes with wireless networking capability. Ideal for printing both photos and labels.
- It is quite easy to use
- Can connect with devices wirelessly
- It has a compact design (hence takes little space)
- Some may find the print speed to be a bit slow
- Wireless connections on laptops may be initially challenging
5. Kodak Mini 2 HD Instant Photo Printer
Uses dye-sublimation printing technology. Works with both iOS and Android devices.
- Uses power efficiently
- Produces high-quality photos
- Compatible with a wide range of devices
- Some may find the price to be on the higher side
- Cartridge replacement may initially be a bit tricky
6. Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer
Uses zero ink printing technology. Works with both Android and iOS devices.
- Lightweight, hence very portable
- There are no ink blotches
- Can print well even on ordinary plain paper
- Users may need to download the app to use the printer properly
- Some may find the printing speed to be quite low
7. Fujifilm Instax (SP-3) Mobile Printer
Operates on OLED printing tech. The connector type is wi-fi.
- Allows you to add text to photos
- Comes with a good quality battery
- Easy to carry around
- It may be incompatible with certain devices
- Some details in the user manual may be too technical for amateur users
8. Kodak Mini 2 Retro (2.1×3.4) Photo Printer
This is a portable printer. Ideal for use with smartphones.
- Prints at a decent speed
- Photo quality is top-notch
- The app by which it is controlled is well designed
- Price is relatively high
- Initial set up may require some time
9. HP Sprocket Studio Instant Photo Printer
Operates through laser printing tech. Suitable for both home and studio use.
- Allows for printing of very high-quality photos
- The printer is highly portable
- Allows for printing from cloud storage
- It is quite costly
- The battery may deteriorate with time
10. Zink Polaroid 3×4 Portable Mobile Photo Printer
Comes with an LCD touch screen. Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Quite high printing speed
- Has a built-in (20 MP) camera
- Comes with decent photo editing capabilities
- You may need to download an app to use this printer properly
- Some may find the price to be a bit high
A good quality photo printer can enable you to get the best photography output consistently. While shopping for such a good-quality photo printer, you will find the info in this guide highly useful.
Which is the best photo printer?
One that gives high-quality output, has fast printing speed and is user-friendly.
What is the price of the photo printer?
Photo printer price range is between 5,000 and 25,000 rupees, depend on quality and features.