A pendant lamp, also known as a dropping light or a suspender light, is a single light fixture hanging from the ceiling by a string, cable, or metal rod. Kitchen counters, dining tables, bathrooms, all use pendant lights. Pendants are available in a wide range of different materials, including metal, glass, concrete, and plastic. Many current pendants are low-voltage variants that employ halogen or fluorescent lamps to save energy.
It’s suspended like a necklace pendant, which is how it got its name. A chandelier differs from a pendant in that the former has numerous bulbs incorporated into a single fixture, whereas pendant lamps have only one light included in the fixture. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the Led Tube Lights, Led Bulbs, Decorative Lights, Hanging Lights, Floor Lamps, wall Lamps, rechargeable Emergency lights, chandelier Lights, Torch Led Lights, Garden Lights, Extension boards, Spike Guards in India.
Top 10 Pendant Lights in India
Features of Pendant Lights
There are many features of pendant light.
- The major distinction between area and bright light is that area lighting illuminates only a portion of a room.
- It can be a part of the general lighting, but it cannot replace it.
- A lamp over a table off to the side of a room is an example.
- Another example is the “corner lights” that Victorian houses frequently install in certain rooms.
- Especially if they were spacious or designed for entertaining.
- What if you wanted to cast a bright light over a couch in a room? A bright light at each end of the sofa may be excellent for reading, and some softer light dangling over the sofa might make it feel cozier.
- One of the most useful features of the pendant light is direct light from the ceiling to the counter.
- The direct light on the table, chair, or any location where it is in need.
- A pendant light illuminates only the parts necessary. The focus is reading lights or study lights.
Types of Pendant Lights
- Pendant lights are distinguishable based on their shapes.
- Multi-Light Pendants include two to twelve lights that are all connected to a central fixture.
- These types are practical and efficient in areas with only one ceiling electrical outlet.
- Inverted pendant lights are suitable for ambient lightning or ambient dim glow to enhance the aesthetic appeal.
- Downlight pendant lights are for unidirectional light and generally illuminate only one specific area or part very brightly.
Buyer’s guide for Pendant Lights
- Consider the style of your house.
- The interior decoration of the house will depend on what type of pendant lights would suit it.
- Searchlight fixtures that match that style. Pendant lights are available for every décor style whether modern, industrial, or farmhouse.
- The cost of every pendent light differs on factors such as the manufacturer, the material used to build it, and the sturdiness.
- Pendant lighting is available at a wide range of prices, depending on the styles and varieties available.
- A number of criteria determine the price range.
- Consider the fixtures needed, the cost to call an electrician to fix them and the cost of bulbs used.
- Buying a pendant is a lot easier if you can set a reasonable budget before you start looking at the possibilities.
- One might be able to install a pendant light fixture if good with DIY tasks.
- If not, hire someone to do it for you. In either case, pick a pendant that isn’t too complicated to install.
- A simple installation will save time and money.
- Attempt to get the user manual and read through the installation process.
- This will give you a decent idea of what to expect.
- Reading consumer reviews may also provide some useful information.
- A pendant lamp that looks great in one room could look terrible in another.
- The place of the installation of the pendant lamp is a major consideration.
- The materials used to make your pendant lights will have an impact overall quality of the lamp.
- Consider the material used to make the pendant lamp.
List of Top 10 Pendant Lights in India Buyers Guide
1. Homesake® Classic Hanging Pendant lamp
Indoor hanging Moroccan lamp made of metal to be used in bedroom, bathrooms, kitchen, and balcony.
- A beautiful pattern of light created
- Easy to install and use
- Classic, soft and ambient light displayed
- A specific type of bulb is used, which is not available easily in the market.
- Size is different than what is shown in the picture.
2. R@DIANT Vintage Black Metal Tawa Hanging Light
Rustic, indoor, pendant light made of metal, with adjustable height.
- It is lightweight
- Vintage and stylish look
- Quiet large in size.
- Edison bulbs are needed.
- The look of the lamp changes with any other bulb, like an LED bulb.
3. WHITERAY Hanging Pendant Ceiling Lamp
Hanging ceiling lamps are made of aluminum for bedrooms, kitchens, and balconies.
- Easy to fix
- Pack of two lamps, which means at the same cost, get two lamps.
- Elegant and stylish
- Very little diffused light, more directional light.
- Quality is not long-lasting
4. JE quality is our motto Hanging Cone-shaped Pendant Light
Antique metal-coated, cone-shaped ceiling lamp, with adjustable cord.
- Provides an aesthetic ambiance
- Dimness of the light can be controlled
- Worth the price
- Connecting cord is thin.
- Quality may not be good
5. Ultimate E27 30-Watts 3 Bulb Pendant Lamp
Glass hanging ceiling lamp with three light sources for bedrooms and living rooms.
- Beautiful and classy
- Easy to install
- Adjustable height of the cord
- A highly risky product, which can fall from the ceiling and cause a serious accident
- Lot of safety hazards, as it is made of glass
6. Genree Hang151 Chandelier Hanging Light for Ceiling
A Cluster Hanging Pendant Light for Ceiling, to give a rustic touch.
- Worth the price
- It looks beautiful and elegant
- Enhances the light in the room it is put in.
- A manual with installation instructions is not given.
- Bulbs are not given
7. US DZIRE – THE BRAND OF LIFESTYLE Pendant Lamp
Elegant and sleek contemporary lamp with adjustable height.
- Beautiful lamp which is worth the price
- Lamp comes with a dim bulb
- Easy to install
- Will not work in windy places.
- Quality is not long-lasting.
8. HOMEBLAZE Decorative Pendant Ceiling Pack of Light
Three single-lit vintage hanging pendant lights are made of aluminum.
- Good built quality
- Easy to install and assemble
- It is beautiful, with no scratches
- It has unidirectional light
- Not a lot is known about the product
9. DarkVision VD1124 40 Watts Pendant Light
Cone-shaped metal-coated adjustable dim hanging light.
- It has an adjustable cord, which means the height can be adjusted.
- Easy to assemble
- It gives an elegant look
- Quality is not long-lasting
- Installation is not easy, may have to be done by an electrician.
10. Lyse Decor 8 Watts Pendant Light
Handcrafted with adjustable height, hanging light for bedrooms and living rooms.
- Can be used with LED bulbs
- It has a retro look
- Beautifully and cleanly crafted
- Bulb of a smaller size will fit, which is not available everywhere.
- Needs to be handled with care.
The design of a pendant light is a precise balance of aesthetics, and technological performance. This guide should prove useful if looking for a pendant light to enhance the beauty of a home.
What is a pendant Light?
A pendant lamp is a ceiling-mounted light fixture that hangs from the ceiling on a rod, chain, or, in some cases, several chains. It suspends like a necklace pendant. It can have numerous bulbs incorporated into a single fixture, or one light included in the fixture.
How do we hang a pendant light?
To install pendant lighting in your home, one doesn’t need to be an expert. Pendant lights with a long cable are available in a variety of forms. Plug it into a wall socket on the ceiling. Or hang it from a hook on the ceiling.
What is the price of the pendant lights?
The price of a pendant light varies from 300 rupees to 1000 rupees. The price rises, if made with attention to detail.