Pedigree is one of the leading dog food brands. The Pedigree dog food is usually complete and balanced. This is to say that it has all the nutrients that a dog needs. It is, therefore, suitable for use as a main meal: and not just as a treat. Dogs that eat pedigree food regularly tend to have stronger muscles and shinier coats. They also tend to have stronger teeth and bones, thanks to the high calcium content in the food. The Pedigree dog food tends to rate well on scores like good taste and digestibility.
Top 10 Best Pedigree Dog Foods in India
Features of Pedigree Dog Food
- Most Pedigree dog foods come from cereals and cereal by-products.
- There are also those that come from meat and meat byproducts.
- Further on, there are those that come from vegetable and vegetable byproducts.
- Many Pedigree dog foods come in air-proof pouch packaging.
- It is low-cost yet hygienic packaging.
- Most Pedigree dog foods have flavors that make them more attractive to dogs.
- Chicken flavor, liver flavor, and other meat flavors are common.
- Almost all Pedigree foods for dogs have good vitamins, minerals, protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fat contents.
Types of Pedigree Dog Foods
- There are dry-form Pedigree dog foods.
- Then there are wet form Pedigree dog foods.
- There are Pedigree dog foods with chicken flavors.
- Then there are Pedigree dog foods with meat flavors.
- There are Pedigree dog foods that are ideal for use by puppies.
- Then there are Pedigree foods that are most ideal for use by adult dogs (and not puppies).
- Further on, there are Pedigree foods that are ideal for use by pregnant and lactating dogs.
How to feed Pedigree Dog Food?
- The first step in using a Pedigree dog food is that of opening the pouch in which it comes.
- The second step in using Pedigree foods is that of measuring an appropriate size portion for your dog.
- The third step is that of putting the food into the dog’s dish.
- Some foods may first need special preparation (including mixing with water, curd, or other things).
- The fourth step is that of actually presenting the food to the dog.
- Since the food usually has a good aroma/flavor, you only need to place it before the dog.
- The dog is then naturally drawn to it and proceeds to devour it.
Buying guide for Pedigree Dog Food
- There are three things you need to check before buying any Pedigree dog food.
- First of all, ensure that it is genuinely from the Pedigree brand (and not some imitation).
- To this end, you need to check the packaging carefully.
- Secondly, you need to ensure that it has the nutrients your dog needs.
- Go through the nutritional information on the packaging, to ascertain this.
- Thirdly, ensure that it is ideal for your dog’s age, size and breed.
- For instance, avoid buying puppy food for an adult dog or vice versa.
- Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Dog Houses in India.
List of Top 10 Best Pedigree Dog Foods in India-Buyers Guide
1. Pedigree Puppy Dry Dog Food (Chicken and Milk)
This Pedigree form is in dry form. It is most ideal for puppies.
- The package is big, at 3kg
- The food is nutritionally complete
- Has a good chicken flavor
- The price for the whole package is quite high
- May require mixing with water or curd (being dry food)
2. Pedigree Adult Dry Dog Food (Meat & Rice)
This Pedigree is another 3kg pack. Ideal for use by adult dogs.
- Has a good meaty flavor
- Rich in crude fiber
- Price is reasonable
- Not very suitable for puppies
- It is in dry form (hence may require water or curd mixing)
3. Pedigree Adult Wet Dog Food (Chicken and Liver Chunks)
What you get here are 15 units, each with 70g capacity. The food is in wet form.
- Contains gravy (which dogs will probably like)
- The flavor is quite strong
- Food is nutritionally complete
- 70g units may appear too small
- Puppies can’t benefit fully from this food
4. Pedigree Puppy Wet Dog Food (Chicken Chunks in Gravy)
Here is another wet food with a gravy base. It is most ideal for puppies.
- Price is quite low
- The food has a real chicken flavor
- It is very easy to prepare (being wet from food)
- Contains gravy (which some may have concerns about)
- Only ideal for young dogs/puppies
5. Pedigree PRO Expert Nutrition for Large Breed Puppy
This Pedigree is a super-size dog food pack, at 10kg. The food is in dry form.
- Good for dog joints
- Quantity is huge (meaning you don’t have to go shopping soon again)
- Helpful for digestive health (since it contains probiotics)
- Price may be beyond many people’s ability
- The food is in dry form
6. Pedigree PRO Expert Nutrition Active for Adult Large Breed Dog
Here is another 10kg super-size package. Ideal for dogs that are above 18 months of age.
- Rich in omega acids (for dog alertness and agility)
- Also contains antioxidants
- The package is rather big in size, hence convenient to use
- Maybe nutritionally superfluous for smaller dogs
- The food is quite expensive
7. Pedigree Puppy Wet Dog Food in Gravy with Vegetables
These are 15 x 70g units. Food is easy to prepare, being in the wet form.
- Contains almost every necessary nutrient for dog
- Has good palatability
- Ready to serve format
- The food has a somewhat thick gravy
- It is a non-vegetarian product
8. Pedigree Senior Dry Dog Food (Chicken and Rice)
What you get here is a 3kg pack. Most ideal for senior (aging) dogs.
- Dry hygienic food
- Suitable for almost all breeds
- Reasonably big package, at 3kg
- Rice flavor may not appeal to quite a number of dogs
- The preparation procedure can be slightly complex (this being dry food)
9. Pedigree PRO Expert Nutrition for Lactating/Pregnant Mother and Pup
This also comes in a 3kg pack. Best for young pups as well as pregnant and breastfeeding (dog) mothers.
- Has good energy density
- Rich chicken flavor
- Has good digestibility
- Has to be served in soft form
- Not ideal for other dogs, besides pups and lactating/pregnant mothers
10. Pedigree Puppy Wet Dog Food (Chicken Chunks in Gravy)
Comes in 5 x 70-gram pouches. Most ideal for puppies.
- Quite a low price
- Has good nutritional balance
- Very easy to prepare
- Modest quantity (5 x 70g pouches)
- It is a non-vegetarian product
Pedigree dog food can help you keep your dog happy and healthy. While shopping for such Pedigree dog food, this guide should come in handy.
Is Pedigree food good for your dog?
Yes, because it is nutritionally balanced and complete.
What is the price of Pedigree dog food?
It ranges from 175 to 2,850 rupees, depending on the amount and quality.