There might be times when you want to connect a flash drive to your phone. You might want so to do some work or to view some important documents. Maybe you want to connect a mouse or keyboard to your phone or tablet for ease. But you cannot do that without an OTG cable. An OTG cable or the On-the-go cable allows you to connect various compatible things to your device.
It helps you connect flash drives via your charging port. You can access a wide range of devices through OTG cables. Those devices may be a mouse, keyboards, fire sticks, USB sticks, and external hard drives. You can easily transfer photos from a compatible camera into your phone.
Top 10 Best OTG Cable Brands in India
Features of OTG Cable
Generally, devices like your PC and laptop control your phone in case of a USB cable.
- They extract information from your phones or tablets and control the functioning of your phones.
- But when you use an OTG cord, your phones and tablets start acting as host.
- These cables allow you to control the connected OTG device as per your need.
- It allows you to plug-in devices like memory sticks.
- It helps you to synchronize with devices like printers and cameras.
- They help you to get your work done easily without using a laptop or a PC.
- You can also charge your android device with another one.
- It also helps you to connect an external hard drive to your gadget.
- This helps to increase the storage capacity and makes the storage easier.
Types of OTG Cable
The variations in OTG cables come in the form of male, female ports, and angles.
Some of the features also depend on the company that It belongs to. The angle-based varieties are of two types.
Either it may be a straight cable with a straight micro USB port. Or it may be a straight cable with an angles micro USB port. Other varieties come in terms of compatibility.
Some of the cables are compatible with selective android versions.
Many phones support OTG connection, but some of them don’t. Some cables have a huge variation of OTG device connectivity.
They can connect a mouse, keyboard, printers, and most of them. But some of them support only a few devices.
Buyer’s Guide of OTG Cable
Many things might run through your head while selecting appropriate it for yourself. You don’t want to end up wasting your money. So there are some points that you should consider while getting yourself a cable. First of all, check if your phone supports an OTG connection. While many phones and tablets support OTG connection nowadays, there are some devices that do not support connection. If your device has the logo of USB OTG printed on your device while buying that means the device is compatible with OTG.
Make sure to check that or else you won’t be able to take the perks of the OTG cable. Get a cable that has a wide compatibility range. It can be helpful for you to connect to many devices. The compatibility should be good regarding both the device connection as well as the OTG connection. That way you will be able to connect cameras, gaming controllers, fire sticks, and many more such devices. Go for a cable that supports a Type-C connection. It is because most of the devices nowadays come with a Type-C port. Make sure to get a cable that has nice build quality. You want the cable to be durable. Also, check for a nice and fast performance. Make sure to check the reviews of the product as they give you a nice idea of what the product is.
How to use OTG Cable?
- OTG cables contain a USB female connector and a micro USB male connector.
- You need to connect the micro USB port to your phone or tablet or any such device.
- Then connect the OTG connecting device to the USB female connector.
- You can connect a flash drive, mouse, keyboard, printer, or a fire stick based on your need and compatibility.
- Then go to your device settings. Enable the OTG settings on your device.
- Then you can take the benefits of the cable. If your device doesn’t work, check the compatibility of the cable with your device.
- Also, check its compatibility with the OTG device that you connected.
- These cables allow you to directly view and transfer various information on your phone instead of transferring through a PC.
List of Top 10 OTG Cable Brands in India
1. ONCRO USB Type-C OTG Adapter Cable
It is a nice USB OTG cable.
- It has a nice build quality.
- It has a wide compatibility range.
- It doesn’t work well with PC.
2. CableCreation Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable
It is a nice and strong cable.
- The cotton braided jacket makes its cable stronger and durable.
- It has a high-speed data transfer rate.
- It is slightly costly.
3. V CAN GLYNO INFOTEL 3.1 USB Type-C Data Sync OTG Cable
It is the original OTG cable for Oneplus phones.
- It can connect the older USB 3.0 devices to the USB 3.1 type c-port.
- It is made up of fireproof TPE material.
- It is not compatible with the iPhone.
4. MAEnt Micro USB Male to 2.0 Female Host OTG Cable
It is a strong OTG cable and works very well.
- It comes with a micro USB male and a female port. Both work differently.
- It works well with firesticks.
- The two micro USB cables can’t be used at the same time.
5. Azacus On-the-go OTG Cable Adapter
It is a highly compatible OTG cable.
- It is compatible with many devices.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- It has a little connection problem.
6. CableCreation Micro USB OTG Cable
It is a nice and strong OTG cable.
- It is affordable.
- It comes in a pack of three.
- Assorted with a Micro USB angle direction.
- It can take quite more time to transfer the data.
7. Zyme YASHASKARAM Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable
It is a simple OTG cable and works well with many devices.
- It has an affordable price.
- It works well for data transfer.
- It might not be too durable.
8. ONCRO Trending Fast Data Transfer USB 3.0 Type C to USB A OTG Cable
It is a strong cable made up of durable material.
- It transfers data very fast.
- It can connect many devices. Some of them are a mouse, gaming controller, pen drive, keyboard, camera, etc.
- It might not work well with various USB male ports.
9. B TO B TRADERS High-Speed Micro USB OTG Data Cable
It is a simple and affordable OTG cable.
- The price is very less.
- The working quality is good as far as the price is concerned.
- It might not be very durable.
10. Martins Cart Micro USB Female to USB Male C Type cable
It is a nice cable with a minimal price.
- It can easily connect the OTG devices to your PC.
- The performance is not of the best quality, but it is good as per the price.
- The build quality is slightly poor.
OTG cables have great perks to offer you. To transfer photos from your camera, normally there is a very long process. You need to transfer them to the PC or laptop at first and then transfer them to your mobile. Viewing the data of your flash drive on your phone can also be very easy. The benefits of OTG cable are vast. They help you in various ways by connecting gaming controllers, fire sticks, printers, and a lot more. So you should get one for yourself on the list that we prepared.
What is an OTG cable for android?
It stands for On-the-go cable. A cable that allows you to connect a flash drive to your device. It allows you to easily connect a pen drive to your phone or tablet via the USB-C port.
Is the OTG cable the same as the USB cable?
No, the cable is not the same as the USB cable. It allows you to connect devices like mouse or flash drives to your phone. USB cables allow you to connect devices like a camera to your PC.
Which cable is the best?
The best cable for you depends on your device, price range, and your preferences. To find one for you, refer to the list of the OTG cables above.
Can OTG connect to TV?
Yes, It can connect your phone to the TV. But it depends on the model of both your phone and TV. Some of them support this setting while some don’t.
Why is my phone not connecting to OTG?
If you have a problem finding the OTG device on your phone, check your settings. Your phone must support the OTG connection. There can be many other reasons like the high capacity of the connected device.