Organic manure refers to the natural matter used to provide nutrients for plants. Organic fertilization applies in organic farming. This Organic farming aims to meet the needs of human beings. It also aims to conserve the environment. Natural manure involves decomposition processes. Microorganisms like earthworms help aerate the soil through borrowing. Vegetable peels are useful in making organic manure. Organic manure improves soil fertility and provides nutrients for the crops. It also increases crop yield.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Vermicompost, rooting hormones, cow dung cakes, Organic Fertilizers, Cocopeat, Grow bags for plants, Rooting Hormone, Gardening Tools, Drip irrigation kit, and Water Sprinklers in India.
Top 10 Best Organic Manure in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Organic Manure
- The nutrients provided by manures to plants vary. Certain fertilizers may provide nitrogen and phosphorous, while others provide calcium and sulfur.
- The size and makeup of manure are other features. Some fertilizers have large size granules while others have small -size ones.
- The choice is for the gardener to make. Certain manures contain soil in them, while in others, you have to mix with soil before using them.
- The decomposition period of manure affects its effectiveness. If manure does not fully decompose, it may be harmful to plants and can make the soil acidic. Thus, there’s a need to allow manure to fully decompose before use.
Types of Organic Manure
- Mulching crops is a process of covering the soil with dried leaves, crops, grass, and straw. Mulching plays a major role in reducing soil erosion. It also improves soil structure and holds water for plants.
- Compost manure refers to decomposed organic materials such as ash and vegetable waste. It is also known as humus. Compost manure provides nutrients to the soil and increases soil fertility.
- Green manures are green plants sowed to collect nutrients for the major crops. Green manure binds nutrients from soil preventing them from wastage.
- Farmyard manure refers to animal waste and bedding material such as sawdust. Green manure improves soil fertility and increases farm crop yields.
How to use Organic Manure?
- Plant green manure then cut and plough them into the soil before planting the main crop.
- The green manure is then worked into the soil. The main crop is then planted between 2-3 weeks to prevent loss of nutrients.
- When compost manure is ready for use, plough your land to break the hardpans.
- Then spread the compost manure all over the farm and plough it in.
- Allow the compost to sit in for some days before planting.
- Mulching involves spreading dried plant materials on the topsoil after planting seeds.
- Water the seedbed and let it sprout.
- When using mulching on grown plants, spread the dried material around the crop.
Buyers Guide for Organic Manure
- You first decide what type of organic fertilizer you want.
- It is advisable to choose a fertilizer that has a label with three numbers.
- Those numbers represent the percentage of nutrients in the fertilizer.
- Most of these fertilizers contain nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous.
- There are also those with calcium, sulfur, and magnesium.
- What you buy depends on what you need and what is available at the store.
- Buy a fertilizer that will be of value to your farm and money.
List of Top 10 Best Organic Manure in India-Buyers Guide
1. Green Roots Organic Manure
It consists of potting soil mixed with cocopeat. The manure contains neem granules and vermicompost.
- It has cocopeat which is ideal for seed germination.
- This improves soil aeration by preventing compacting of the soil.
- It has vermicompost-Vermicompost boosts the health and growth of plants. It also improves the health of the soil.
- It is expensive. They cost 150 Rupees for one kilogram.
- It has a short shelf life.
2. Ugaoo Organic Cow Manure
It is suitable for home garden plants. Ugaoo manure is odourless and fine-textured.
- It is highly effective for home and farm plants.
- This is 100% natural and eco-friendly.
- It contains microbial bio-stimulants that enhance pest and disease resistance. It enriches soil porosity and health.
- It has a short shelf life of about 6-8 months-Use it before the end date.
- It is dry and must be mixed with soil or compost to be effective.
3. Plants Point Nisarga Organics Organic Cow Dung Manure
It is rich in nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous.
- It improves soil fertility.
- This is suitable for landscaping.
- It boosts the growth of plants and increases crop yield and farmers’ income.
- The manure has poor quality-It may have stones, clay, and a little cow dung.
- It is expensive for poor-quality manure-It does not give value to money.
4. TrustBasket Organic Manure
It has a mix of vermicompost and cocopeat-It is perfect for all types of plants.
- It contains natural products-holds no threat to the environment.
- This enriches the soil with microbes which add phosphates and cellulates.
- It has an antifungal feature that allows for the healthy growth of plants.
- It is costly for some gardeners- costs 549 Rupees for a 5kg bag.
- It becomes ineffective if used after the end date.
5. Cocogarden Natural Manure
It is ideal for indoor and outdoor plants. It applies to vegetables and flowers.
- It is a natural growth booster for plants.
- This is a source of macro and micronutrients for crops and other plants.
- It is friendly to the environment It consists of natural content.
- It is unsuitable for the tulsi plant.
- It does not work effectively alone. Mix the manure with other ingredients which may increase costs.
6. KAP Organic Bio Manure
It is good for home and kitchen garden plants. Application is once a month.
- It improves the quality and fertility of the soil. It increases the soil’s water holding capacity.
- This boosts the plants’ resistance to pests and diseases.
- It has nitrogen-fixing microbes which fix atmospheric nitrogen in plants.
- It may permanently damage the leaves’ colour if the manure touches the leaves.
- It cannot be used as a whole without combining with farm soil.
7. Shehri Kissan The Urban Farmers Leaf Mould Manure
It is in granules form. It has undergone decomposition for two years.
- Leaf mold manure is a soil conditioner. It increases soil water retention and boosts soil structure.
- It does not have decomposed food. To discourage pests and insects from attacking plants.
- This contains calcium from powdered eggshells. It is fit for all house plants, flowers, and vegetables.
- Leaf mold manure may contain weed seeds.
- If the leaves used in the mold are from the streets, they may contaminate the mold.
8. VEDHAHI Cow Dung Manure
It contains clay. It applies to all plants.
- It protects roots from pests.
- This enhances soil fertility, aeration, and water holding capacity.
- It provides plants with the necessary nutrients to grow healthy. Nitrogen, potash, and sulfur are some of the nutrients it provides.
- It may contain more soil than cow dung- This aspect defeats the purpose of the manure.
- It is expensive for poor-quality manure-It does not give value to money.
9. Fresh Essentials Organics Vermicompost Manure
It is rich in mycorrhiza and Trichoderma viride. These are growth boosters. They are suitable for all plants.
- It boosts the growth of crops and increases yields.
- This is odourless and thus suitable for indoor plants.
- It improves soil water retention power, thus reducing water usage on plants.
- High concentrations of mycorrhiza fungi may reduce the nutrients available to plants.
- It is unsuitable for plants like cabbage, broccoli, mustard, spinach, and beetroot.
10. Livsatvik Organic Vermicompost Fertilizer Manure
It is odorless and rich in neem and kachnar. It increases the nutrient absorption of plants.
- It improves plants’ resistance to diseases, pests, and stress.
- This has microorganisms that repair soil structure.
- It provides plants with necessary nutrients for growth and increases yields.
- It may contain weed seeds that may infest the farm and take nutrients for plants.
- If not prepared properly, it may produce a bad smell.
Organic manure involves the process of decomposition to provide plants with nutrients. Organic fertilizer is friendly to the environment. It reduces environmental pollution because it uses waste products. The preparation of manure requires highly skilled labour. The results of using manure are satisfying. When purchasing manure, you have to consider certain features to give value to your money. I hope you find this information helpful when buying organic manure.
What is meant by organic manure?
It comprises natural materials like animal wastes. These materials rot to provide nutrients for crops as well as nourish the soil.
What are the types of organic manure?
They include; compost manure, farmyard manure, and green manure. They are the most used organic manures.
Which is the best organic manure?
Animal waste is the best organic manure. Chicken waste is most effective due to its high nitrogen content.