Organic fertilizer is made up of dead and dried plants, rotten vegetables and their peels, animal litter like cow dung that helps in adding nutrients and minerals to the soil. It helps to minimize the repeated use of synthetic fertilizer to the soil which can be harmful to the soil and the crops as well. Organic fertilizer slowly mixes the minerals to the soil unlike chemical fertilizers and maintains the fertile soil for surplus growth. Also, check the buyers guide for the best rooting Hormones, cocopeat & Vermicompost in India.
Top 10 Best Quality Organic Fertilizer for plants in India
Features of Organic Fertilizer for plants
The main features of the organic fertilizer are mentioned below:
- Organic fertilizers are non-toxic which prevents the soil from becoming infertile.
- It is cheap and can be prepared from easily available materials.
- It slowly blends with the soil helping in the development of roots and better growth of the plant.
- This improves the texture and aeration in the soil and also helps in water retention abilities.
Types Organic Fertilizer for plants
There are a variety of organic fertilizers with different properties. You need to choose the right fertilizer according to the requirements of the soil and the product you are growing. Some of them are as follows:
- Plant-based fertilizers such as compost or alfalfa meal, seaweed, molasses, etc. easily infuse with the soil helping in moisture retention.
- Animal-based fertilizers like manure, blood meal, bone meal, crab flakes, urea, etc. add nitrogen to the soil helping in the faster growth of the plant.
- Mineral-based fertilizers namely calcium, Epsom salt, etc. helps in maintaining the pH level of the soil for healthy plant growth.
Buyer’s Guide for Organic Fertilizer
- To grow different plants, you need different types of soil and all plants have their nutrient requirements.
- There is a mixture of different organic fertilizers available.
- This can be used on all types of plants if you are not aware of what your plant needs.
- Then there are also individual fertilizers if you want to treat your plants differently according to their requirements.
How to Use Organic Fertilizer?
- To get the best results from your plants you need to add the organic fertilizers in the right way.
- The best way to add the fertilizer is to spread it all over the surface of the soil.
- Sometimes you may need to dig the soil and then put the fertilizer for better infusion with the roots.
- The amount of the organic fertilizer varies according to the soil fertility and it should be added every four to six weeks in the right amount accordingly.
List of Top 10 Best Quality Organic Fertilizer for plants in India- Buyers Guide
1. OrganicDews premium liquid seaweed for plants (250ml)
OrganicDews premium liquid for plants enriches the soil by enhancing the micro-organisms to reduce salt content in the soil.
- Helps in seed germination.
- It reduces soil erosion.
- It enhances fruit production.
- Over-fertilization increases salt concentration.
- It gives slow results.
2. RHBP growth+ liquid fertilizer (500ml)
RHBP growth liquid fertilizer helps in the aeration of the root area.
- It stops plant drooping.
- Improves vegetable growth.
- This is disease-resistant.
- The nutrients release may take time.
- The application is less convenient.
3. Go Garden premium liquid seaweed organic fertilizer (250 ml)
This seaweed base fertilizer has high carbohydrate content that provides food to many micro-organisms.
- It gives resistance against frost and extreme stress.
- It keeps the pests away.
- Promotes balanced plant growth.
- It may produce a short-term profit.
- It may be low in nutrients.
4. Organic plant fertilizer SW-10-G (250 ml)
This fertilizer has seaweed extract in it that influences bacterial activity.
- It helps to improve the nodules.
- It gives a better yield.
- This promotes the growth of roots and shoots.
- May lead to over-fertilization if used improperly.
- This is labor-intensive.
5. Algaetech10 organic seaweed fertilizer (500 ml)
This fertilizer helps the roots to enhance water intake.
- It promotes the absorption of various nutrients.
- Helps in dealing with weather stress.
- It creates a strong plant system.
- Over usage may be harmful.
- It requires microbial activity.
6. ARSH agricultural organic seaweed liquid fertilizer (500 ml)
This fertilizer has minerals that help in the osmotic process.
- This is eco-friendly.
- It helps in the fast ripening of fruits.
- It produces non-toxic fruits and vegetables.
- Requires processing before application.
- It needs high biological oxygen.
7. Plantic organic GreenDrop fertilizer for organic gardening (250 ml)
This fertilizer is an excellent choice for you to promote your plant and agricultural growth.
- It is made with improved quality.
- It is tested and proven for excess growth
- Suitable for all types of plants.
- The direct spray may burn the leaves.
- If the right proportion is not maintained the plant may suffer.
8. Fost Rootex organic fertilizer for plants (500 ml)
This is made from plant and animal extract that helps in surplus.
- Helps in lateral root growth
- It improves photosynthesis.
- It absorbs nutrients in a large amount.
- Precautions like wearing hand gloves are to be taken before application.
- Avoid inhaling.
9. PowerHum12 humic acid bio-fertilizer (500 ml)
The humic acid present in this fertilizer helps in moisture uptake and blends well with the fertilizers to give healthy plants.
- It helps in the plant’s nutritional health.
- It enhances crop production during stress periods.
- This improves root and plant growth.
- The soil may become alkaline with over-dosage.
- May not survive weather stress.
10. IMMUNO Organic liquid manure for agriculture (1000 ml)
This is a newly formulated fertilizer to immunity the plant till the last stage of production.
- It has a better flower-enhancing capacity.
- This is anti-toxic.
- It helps in producing healthier fruits.
- Low nutrient content varies the color of the fruit.
- It is a time-consuming process to give the desired result.
The improved health of the soil is very important for the greenery of your garden or your agricultural field. Organic fertilizers help you to add nutrients and minerals to the soil for superior growth. It lasts longer unlike chemical fertilizers and also maintains a healthy environment.
What are examples of organic fertilizers?
There are several organic fertilizers available to apply to the plants which provide various minerals. Some of the common names are:-
- Cow manure (2.5%N, 1%P, 1.5%K)
- Chicken manure (3.5%N, 1.5%P, 1.5%K)
- Bat guano (8% N, 6%P, 1%K)
- Compost (2%N, 1.5%P, 1.5%K)
- Seaweed (1%N, 2%P, 5%K)
- Cotton seed meal (6%N, 3%P, 1%K)
- Green sand (1%N, 1%P, 5%K)
Which is the best organic fertilizer?
The best organic fertilizers are compost, cow manure, limestone, and seaweed.
What is the cost of organic fertilizer?
The organic fertilizer price varies according to the type and its nutrient content. The fertilizer price range varies between Rs. 99 to Rs. 1499.