Whether you have a kid that is still in school or a full grown-up human with a passion for painting, pastel colors are friends with every art person! One of the main reasons why people choose pastel colors over normal chalk colors is because of their blending quality. These pastel colors are made from the pigment that is mixed with non-drying oil and wax. These oil pastels were first used by Japanese people when they started being in demand in Japanese schools. Oil pastels are easy to use and can provide better quality in terms of color and blending. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Glass paints in India.
Top 10 Best Oil Pastels drawings in India
Features of Oil Pastels drawings
- All pastel colors provide you a smooth look and natural brightening colors.
- Their quality might change from brand to brand.
- Some pastel colors will show better effects if mixed with different brands.
- The price of these pastel colors varies according to their performance and wax quality.
- Also, pastel colors can cover a large surface area of the paper with fewer colors.
- They glide smoothly on paper and can go on while leaving no dust.
- Because of their buttery, blendable, and higher pigmentation-to-binder ratio, pastel oils stand out from other chalk colors in the market.
Types of Oil Pastels drawings
- Different types of oil pastels come with different qualities.
- But one of the most important properties that any oil pastel brand should have in its product is high pigment load, consistent binding, and a different lineup of colors.
- According to their capabilities, pastel colors come in different types like hard, soft, pencil, and oil.
- Soft and oily types of pastels have a buttery texture that blends effortlessly.
- For drawing, sketching, or detailing, hard types of pastels are suitable and easy to use.
Buyer’s guide for Oil Pastels drawings
- A good quality pastel color can come at a high price. That is why it is important to consider what quality you want while buying the pastels: artist’s pastels or normal student’s pastels.
- To keep the cost down, start your pastel color journey by buying them individually.
- While using, some pastels release fine dust into the air. Hence, consider buying non-toxic pastels to avoid breathing problems.
- According to what type of work you plan on making, do not forget to check the color’s consistency.
- Always check other customers’ reviews and recommendations to check the product’s quality and save yourself from faulty products.
How to use Oil Pastels drawings?
- Pastel colors can be used according to the way you want your painting to look.
- If you want a high concentration of pigment in colors that are high blending quality then soft pastel colors are perfect to use.
- If you want higher pigment concentration but much less binder quality then pan pastels are useful. These come in a pan or jar.
- On the other hand, if you want more binder but much less pigment then hard pastels are suitable to use.
List of Top 10 Best Oil Pastels drawings in India-Buyers Guide
1. Pentel Oil Pastels Set
This oil pastel set comes in 50 shades. It has brilliant smooth colors that are easy to use and blend effortlessly.
- It gives subtle shades.
- Offers strong tints and mixtures.
- Perfect for a longer-lasting drawing.
- Few sticks can be hard.
- It is a bit expensive.
2. Oil pastel Color Set by SAKURA
This set of colors come in 50 shades. It has extra fine quality oil pastels. The box comes in 48 colors and 2 sticks of an extender.
- Gives a soft finish and touch.
- Good for underpainting and backgrounds.
- Good for layering.
- It is not for professionals.
- It can be very expensive.
3. Oil Pastel Case by Pentel
This oil pastel set comes with 25 color shades. It offers brilliant, fade-resistant, and creamy colors that give your painting a perfect finish.
- Pastels are very smooth.
- Can be blended easily.
- Ideal for most types of papers.
- Material is of medium quality.
- Minimum shades compared to others.
4. Premium Oil Pastel Set by Faber-Castell
This oil pastel color set comes with a bigger pack of 60 different shades of colors. It has good attractive and strong packaging.
- It offers premium quality colors.
- Comes with hexagonal pointed shapes.
- They are rich, vibrant, and intense.
- Colors might get doubled.
- Can leave crumbles.
5. Staedtler Multicolor Oil Pastels.
This oil pastel set comes with an attractive and beautiful set of colors. It offers a set of 36 shades with vibrant colors.
- Perfect for all smooth surfaces.
- Colors are break-resistant and waterproof
- Gives perfect coverage.
- They are very expensive.
- Comparatively less quantity than others.
6. Oil Pastel Shades by Camel.
This oil pastel color set comes with a big box of 50 shades. It offers brighter and smoother quality oil pastels.
- Made with vibrant high quality.
- The colors are thick and solid.
- Pastels are great for large freehand work.
- More suitable beginners.
- Blending can be dull.
7. Sennelier Oil Pastel Color Set.
This oil pastel color set comes in 24 colors. These colors come in a little hexagonal shape and they are perfect for artists.
- Gives extra-fine artist quality
- Offers creamy and vibrant colors.
- It has top-quality pigments,
- Comes with less quantity
- Can be a bit overpriced
8. Soft Oil Pastels by Mungyo
These oil pastels come with 48 color pieces. These colors are perfect to use for scraping, gradations, blending, stippling and overlaying.
- Comes with extra softness.
- Can be used for different art techniques.
- Offers a great color range.
- The colors are very expensive.
- Bending can be dull.
9. HA SHI Set of Professional Oil Pastels
This set of colors come with 48 assorted colors that are perfect for professional artists. The colors come in diverse shades and premium quality.
- Offers excellent blending techniques.
- Comes with fine and soft particles.
- It has classy and innocuous pigments.
- Very expensive and costly.
- Comes with medium-quality packaging.
10. Oil Pastel Shades by Camel
These oil pastels come in 50 shades. The boxing is very attractive, big, and comes at an affordable price.
- Colors are smoother to use.
- Pastels are rich in color.
- Can be used for a longer period.
- It might have a quality difference from others.
- Not as strong as others.
Oil pastels are easy to use and give the best result with a perfect touch to your painting or drawing. They are also comparatively cheaper than other color stationery products.
How do you draw with oil pastels?
Using oil pastels completely depends on what types of painting you are willing to try. Generally, oil pastels give the best effects when blended evenly.
What is the best oil pastel for drawing?
If you are a beginner or a student, then Camel oil pastel colors come at an affordable price and good quality. For artists, various diverse color sets are available in the market.
Are oil pastels good for drawing?
Oil pastels are great for drawing. They give a better look and finish to the painting than the average chalk colors.